The independence of an island - Codicote

warkill

Hi guys. This is my first attempt at writing fm story. Hope you'll like this :)

CHAPTER 1 --> Adam Cole

The sound of the buzzing alarm clock woke me up. I lift up my heavy eyelids and took a glance of the clock. "Woah it's already 9??", I shouted. Oh by the way, let me introduce myself. I am Adam Cole, the owner of this new house in this new place. Just to tell you, I am running late for my first press conference for my first ever football managerial job, Manager of the nation, Codicote.

Codicote was an island in Southeast Asia 10 years ago. It is nearest to the country, Singapore. It does not belong to any nation as no humans inhabited here at first. However, it was somehow discovered by humans and soon people were moving there to make it their home permanently. It is still a surprise that this island even exists as it cannot be found on any maps of Southeast Asia.

At the moment, Codicote has an estimated population of roughly 6000 people. Most of the population is made up of foreigners, non-Asians. This is because they are Europeans who original live in Singapore, but moved here to avoid the heavy tax they have to pay every year.

Most of the inhabitants here are young and fit. Besides building companies for work, the inhabitants here, who call themselves "Codicotians", they love playing association football, also known as soccer. On weekdays, they work from 9am to 6pm like ordinary people and on weekends, they play football. Codicotian Football Association, aka CFA, is a football association which is set up to organise football events in this island.

It's now 10am sharp. Phew I somehow managed to reach CFA press conference room on time. The Director of CFA is now talking about Codicotian league. "This is the year, 2009, where the first ever Codicotian Football League is launched. There are 6 teams in the league." Football fans in Codicote are very excited to witness the first football matches ever to be played in this island. After all, not even I expected to get a managerial job in this island.

Just as I am daydreaming, the director of CFA suddenly changed his tone, which took my attention away from my wandering. "Codicotian Football Association is also happy announced the creation of the Codicotian national team. Seating beside me, is the manager, Adam Cole."

A reporter asked, "You're now appointed as the Codicotian national team's manager. Is this your dream job?"

Wow, this question is so familiar! I wonder where I've seen this before. But I replied quick enough, " I am happy to be able to work here as the manager of Codicote." Another reporter asked, "It's now 9th July. With the very first match of Codicote against Myanmar on 12th August, which is roughly 1 month away from now, are you confident of getting a good result?"

I was abit shocked when I heard this. To be honest, I'm not really confident of winning at all. With most of the players at Sunday league standard, there is almost no way I can lead the team to victory against a professional side. "I can't guarantee a victory. As this is the very first match of Codicote, I will be looking at testing and trying out new tactics and trying players at different positions. This is a fantastic chance for our players to learn through this brand new experience, something they have not experienced before."

Thankfully, that was the last question to answer. The director of CFA is satisfied with my first press conference. As I leave the room, my mind is already wandering what formation to use against a superior side like Myanmar. Just as I walk by the football field, I saw a man playing football alone. The man has good skills. He's good enough to even be a professional footballer in Europe! "Do you know that guy?", I asked my assistant, Williams. "Well I've never seen him before. I don't think he's a player in Codicote Football League too. But he's definitely a good player!", Williams replied. Anxious to know more about that fantastic yet mysterious player, I approached him. "Hi my name is Adam Cole, manager of Codicote national team. And you are?" He appears to be surprised by my sudden interruption. "My name is Gaji", he replied with a spanish accent....

TO BE CONTINUED

I like this, great new concept! My only suggestion would be to remember to start a new paragraph every time someone different speaks, and put a bit more scrutiny on your grammar. Apart from that, though, I think this is a great start! Keep up the good work :thup:

Archived