[FM10The names International.. Mr International. (ft Eto'o, Ralph and club failures.)

Bhoy

Cameroon_FA.png

The Cameroon national football team, nicknamed Lions Indomptables (Indomitable Lions), is controlled by the Fédération Camerounaise de Football and is Africa's most successful side; Cameroon has qualified for the FIFA World Cup six times - in 1982, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2002 and 2010- more than any other African nation. They were the first African team to reach the quarterfinals of the World Cup, in 1990, losing to England in extra time. They have also won 4 African Nations Cups, as well as the gold medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics[1].

Game Set-up

10 leagues loaded from 9 countries. (Columbia [1,2], England, Greece, Italy, Portugal, South Korea, Scotland, Spain, Turkey.)

Small database (21000 players iirc.)

Well, my Donegal save fell on its arse after corrupting (I was going to get sacked anyway) so I thought I'd start a game that I'd never started before, one - I've never loaded this many leagues but I'm using all my processor power to play it and two - I've never started by managing an International team or loaded some of the leagues I have done. My next update will include a make or break game versus Algeria, winner takes all and qualifies for the World Cup and a maheeeeeeesive update on the African Cup of Nations. I'll plan it all out and get it straight to you, expect it some time tomorrow. Cheers. :thup: Signed, Ralph Wójtyla.

Cameroon (2009-Present) - African Cup of Nations 2010

AEK Athens (2010-Present)

So, Cameroon then. I took over with 2 World Cup Qualifier Group games played, 1 drawn and 1 loss so I needed to pull something out the water... even in this hot country. The team was quite well balanced and with successful consecutive victories over Gabon (twice) and Togo it left one game left. The most important game in the world at that time, the big decider - Winner qualifies for the World Cup and my opponents were Morocco, led by free scoring Chamakh.

The Big Decider

I was gutted, totally dominated the game but just couldn't get that break through. Eto'o just wasn't on form and their goal was a peach of a chip from 25 yards out when Kameni rushed out for no reason. There is always next World Cup, which I plan to resign from Cameroon after.

The African Cup of Nations 2010

Here was my chance to prove myself, to show some clubs just what I could offer. I got one of the easier groups, drawing Algeria, Egypt and Zambia but my first game against Algeria was a defensively shocking game, going 2-0 down and I had to rely on on a Bassong header and a last minute N'Guemo screamer to make the score 2-2. The next game was against Egypt, reigning champions and I showed them a football masterclass in passing, having 60% possession and winning 1-0 courtesy of a Kome goal in the 33rd minute. To confirm my place in the quarters I had to beat the brick wall of Zambia, who had earlier beat Egypt 5-1 and this was an easy match for the men in green, yellow and red with a 3-0 win (Eto'o, N'Guemo, Webo).

Quarter Final

Another football masterclass in passing, completely dominated the game even though if you just looked at the score line it may have showed a different story.

Semi Final

We were very unlucky to draw this game and Kameni, the goalkeeper, was the hero as he scored a penalty and then saved the game winning penalty.

The African Cup of Nations Final

I completely dominated this game in terms of chances and surprisingly kept Ivory Coast quite, which was hard considering the calibre of players they have but a very professional knock-out stage games by my team and I was delighted to get my trophy cabinet to a very good start.

AEK Athens

696.jpg

After rejecting job offers from Sporting Lisbon, Sampdoria and Mallorca this job came up and I have never managed in Greece before. They had a decent season last season, finishing third but I want to go 2 better in my first season here and win the title. This is no mean feet considering the paltry £1.6m transfer budget I acquired to buy players but I hope to do some damage.

Transfers

I also got a 50% next sell on clause with the sell of Tachtsidis to Real Madrid.. hoping he proves himself there and gets sold on for a hefty fee. I was delighted I got Freddy Adu on loan and I sure he will prove himself finally in the Greek lead.

Archived