Lots of passing is all well and good, but...

Hi all. I'm noticing that my team is getting a lot of successful passes, but none of them are penetrating. All my players are well in double figures with pass succession but they have very few Key Passes. Can anyone give me some tips on how to cure this? I know that giving them more direct passing would help, but that doesn't seem to be the answer at the moment. My fullbacks on the other hand just seem to hoof the ball upfield even thought they are on low mixed passing. I guess that would mean they have no other option? But my wingers are there to pass to, but they just don't seem to want to.

I'll try to post a screenshot soon, but if anyone can help that would be great. Or is anyone else has similar problems

How are your forwards doing? Are they recieving a lot of passes? They might be too high up the pitch, or maybe too static to create space. Try watching the game in full and see what your players are doing with the ball, look if they have key pass options or just a simple back pass because they can't reach the forwards.

Well just recently Ive been testing with my forwards mentality and noticed having it two clicks less then the team mentality brings them a lot more into the game.Giving the quicker striker a lower mentality than the target man means he can drop off, pass it then run onto any through ball. It's not the forwards that are the problem though, its the fullbacks hoofing the ball as far as they can.

Archived