What changes does the AI make at half time?

Hi all,

Enjoying fm09, tough at times but fun. Doing pretty well as Spurs but am finding (as i'm sure many others are) that even if I totally outplay the opposition in the first half , the second half the AI often comes out and totally dominates the second half.

Example being a game just played against Fulham - at home, 3-0 at half time to me, annhilating them. Second half I tweak settings to sit a little deeper/play down flanks as I was expecting the AI 'rush'. Team talk pleased. Sure enough, they rattle off about 15 chances, out tackle/pass everything my team can do, if it wasn't for Gomes putting in a 9.2 rated performance they'd have thrashed me. Game ends 6 CCC each, me 11 shots 5 on target, AI 24 shots 14 on target! Both teams 442 all the way through.

Just what does the Ai do/tweak/change that can utterly change a game around so much against the run of play? I know there are real life examples occasionally but this swing in momentum etc seems to happen all too often against poor/average opposition. Just wish I could understand the engine/teamtalks/morale etc so much that I could do similar things with my team.

Archived