Wingers getting hardly any touches of the ball.

Hi all.I've already had a look for a post like this but can't see one, so apologies if I've missed it.

I've been having a lot of problems in FM09 with my wingers.I've tried a few formations but I can only get 4-4-2 to work with any consistency.At the back it's fairly solid and I'm scoring a fair amount of goals.But time and time again when I watch the match and check the final match stats, my wingers have hardly touched the ball at all.While my Mc(d) has made 45 successful passes out of 50, my winger will have only attempted 11 passes,completing 6.Or something to that effect.

I'm an old hand now at FM so I generally know what to tweak when something is not right, but I can't figure this out.I've tried dropping their mentality to get them in the game more.I've taken their farrows off so they don't run away from the fullbacks.I've even tried them as wingbacks, but still they hardly see any of the ball.

I basically have my wingers on global mentality along with my Mc(a), St(d) and sometimes both fullbacks.I've also tried making the fullbacks mentality 1 more notch than the wingers but still that didn;t work.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced this yet?Thanks in advance.Josh

Archived