Digsy's 4-1-2-1-2 Set

This is a brief introduction to the tactic I have been working on for FM 2009.

I'll upload the tactic and screenies another day, my broadband is dying at the moment and loading a standard web page is a painful process...

A bit of background first, I quit FM 08 as I became really frustrated with the match engine, I was about to do the same with FM 2009, I'm a big fan of plug and play tactics because I don't want to take this game too seriously. However, from the cusp of quitting I decided I'd make a concerted effort to do well off my own back.

I must stress it's very early days for me, I've read through the Tactic's bible which is full of essential advice. I'm playing as Rangers in the SPL, which in itself isn't a massive challenge. So where am I now? just played my 5th game in the group stage of the Champion's League, beating Inter 2-1 at Ibrox with a team a solid but average players.

Sitting second in the SPL, unbeaten but I have drawn too many games, a trend which has lessened as I get used to the match engine. I am out of the League Cup, however, if I had played that game with the extra experience I have gained since I believe I would have won. (edit - I won the league and cup double)

I've only lost two games so far this season, away to Inter and away to the Dons in the League Cup.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2 with no wide midfield players and use a set of three tactics, home and away variants and one which is in the middle, so I play that against team like Inter when I'm at home or away against the game's minnows. I've applied the role theory mentallity and spent some time setting up individual instructions, little tweaks now and then and I am becoming a force to be reckoned with.

As I've said I'll update this with tactics and screenies later on. I just want to say if the game is ****ing you off, don't quit, spend some time going through the Tactic's bible and you will start to enjoy this game again, the crib sheet is great if you're lazy as it covers the core elements of what you need to do.

Regards,

RealMeanDigsy

Home tactic

Away tactic

I find the home tactic is very reliable against most teams, conceding very few goals and creating many chances. The away tactic also seems solid, though I have drawn a lot of games.

I have yet to set instuction for set plays and I also feel I need to balance the MC partnership as both players have the same settings.

I think I've got a solid base that with some testing and input from more experienced players, it can go places. Currently trying with Barcelona, used the 'home' tactic in an away friendly against Haarlem and won 9-0, but this does really suit the players Barca have.

Digsy4-1-2-1-2HomeTactic.jpg

Zikerek, I must stress this is very raw. It's a couple of years since I last went through this process, so I'm a little rusty. I do have a 'standard' tactic which I'll upload, it's in the middle of the first two. I've only used this with Rangers, so it is hard to judge. I would use the 'away' tactic if you think it's a team that's going to dominate you, it's a counter attacking tactic.

After one match I can tell u that defending part of this tactic is crappy ;D I changed it, I made defence line normal (in the middle), changed passing for middle and made playing more tight, after that I performed much better. (First game I scored 3 goals xD I lost 3 too, but who cares :p)

I am Belasica Petrov (Bulgarian team), predicted 12th and I played against Lokomotiv Sofia (7th atm, predicted 4). I played at home. I started game with your away tactic, scored. Then they push on me and scored 2 goals after marking mistakes so I changed for home tactic (and tweak thing I mentioned in my last post), scored 2 goals. About 85 min I changed for standard tactic and lost goal at 92 =] But conceded goals are not the point, the point is way that team manage in def :p they looks really confused and marking zonal (even if they have 1on1 marking)

I forgot I also use playmaker (AMC) and tick off his "free role" as I heard free role is rubbish in 9.2.0

Archived