Manager Progression

Do managers automatically progress their coaching badge?

I'm starting a new manager career, with no coaching badge. I've unlocked enough achievements to have a silver badge, but I want a rags-to-riches experience.

Will I automatically get my bronze coaching badge after a certain length of time? If I click "take coaching exam" in manager profile I jump straight to Silver, which isn't what I want.

Do I need to reset my achievements?

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, Villallama said:

Do managers automatically progress their coaching badge?

I'm starting a new manager career, with no coaching badge. I've unlocked enough achievements to have a silver badge, but I want a rags-to-riches experience.

Will I automatically get my bronze coaching badge after a certain length of time? If I click "take coaching exam" in manager profile I jump straight to Silver, which isn't what I want.

Do I need to reset my achievements?

You can unlock the other levels as you play - they are granted as you unlock achievables.

If you are over the threshold for an unlock already when hitting 'take coaching exam' will automatically promote you to the next rank (say if you've started a new game and already have a load of achievements).

As you're doing a 'rags to riches' - I'd set yourself some rules and adhere to them, for instance 'I'll unlock the Silver coaching when the club turn professional' if you started in the lowest levels of the conference or whatever.

• SI Staff
On 11/05/2024 at 23:19, Villallama said:

Ah, bummer. I wonder why they tied it to achievements with no other option. Thanks for the input!

That'd be me that did it ;)

I designed it that way because I wanted it to be achievable for people (and not just leave the coaching badges as a purchasable item back in the days when we were in the paid part of the stores) but also not to be something which was 'random' in nature ... i.e. something that people earned.