Glory Hunter Series with additional challenges

Glory Hunter is a Football Manager challenge series that was popularised by various Youtubers like DoctorBenjy, TomFM, Omega Luke among others.

What is Glory Hunter?

Glory Hunter is a Football Manager challenge where the manager has 20 seasons to win:

• The domestic leagues and main domestic cups of the Top 5 Leagues in Europe: England, Spain, France, Germany & Italy
  • UEFA Champions League
  • UEFA Europa League
  • Club World Cup
  • World Cup
  • European Championship.

What does this challenge require?

• You have 20 seasons to complete the challenge (Universal FM24 End Date: 30 June 2043);
  • Select any team in the game with any coaching badges;
  • You can add editor files (mods) such as domestic leagues, or real life competitions, or you can use data updates from Pr0, SirTavares, etc. [Show screenshot of selected editor databases] - this is so that we can maintain realism and keep integrity of the game compared to real-life. 
  •  No special requirements are needed, you have a lot of flexibility with this challenge.

Extra internal challenges within your save, some challenges may require editor files [ - Difficulty (more is harder)] :

• New Kids on the Block []: Win the World Cup or Euros with a team that has never won it before
  • A New Beginning []: Win the leagues with teams that have never won the league (or haven't in a very long time).

• Outsiders []: Win all European Competitions (CL & EL) with a team located outside of the Top 5 Leagues 

• Quality over Prestige []: Limit yourself to signing free agents,  relying on youth intakes & signing players that do not play for a Top Division club (for that season). (Tip: Sign players from relegated teams from previous season to steal their stars.)

• Hexagon Challenge []:
    • Add another 20-30 seasons to win the following trophies (you can start anywhere and go anywhere throughout the save but Glory Hunter in 20 seasons is the main objective):
      • CAF Champions League, AFC Champions League, CONCACAF Champions League, Copa Libertadores, OFC Champions League
      • African Cup of Nations (not CHAN), AFC Asian Cup, CONCACAF Gold Cup, Copa America, OFC Nations Cup
      • Optional: Win a domestic league and cup in each continent. 

You can combine these together and with other challenges like Youth Academy Challenge, Domestic-Only Challenge, etc.
You may add any twists that help you enjoy the game more. 

Are you ready to take on this challenge?

Will you make life a bit more tough by attempting the internal challenges?

Will you achieve what no other manager has ever achieved before?

... LETS FIND OUT!

Leaderboard:

This section is reserved for people who have attempted to complete the Glory Hunter Challenge.

Spoiler

Username | Edition | Progress | Achieved? | Extra Challenges Added

samjohpos | FM24 | 0/15 | No | None

A points scoring system is not currently in place but can be made if you would like to see one (ideas are welcome).

Possible Points Scoring System:

Spoiler

Glory Hunter (First Only): MAX 300

• Domestic League Titles - 20 
  • Domestic Cup Titles -  10 
  • Europa League - 20
  • Champions League - 30
  • Club World Cup - 20
  • Euros - 30
  • World Cup - 50

Overall Challenge (Multiple allowed):

• Domestic League Titles - 20 for each country in Top 5 Leagues; 10 for each country outside Top 5 Leagues
  • Domestic Cup Titles -  10 for each country in Top 5 Leagues; 5 for each country outside Top 5 Leagues
  • Europa League - 20
  • Any Champions League - 30
  • Club World Cup - 20
  • Any Continental Tournament (i.e. Euros) - 30
  • World Cup - 50

Bonus Points for Extra Challenges:

• New Kids on the Block []: 20 points if WC won by a team never won before; 10 points if Euros won by a team never won before
  • A New Beginning []: 25 points if team has never won the league; 15 points if they haven't won in 50 years; 5 points if they haven't won in 20 years [these can be counted from ingame]
  • Outsiders []: 40 points if UEFA CL won with team outside the Top 5 Leagues; 30 points if UEFA EL won with team outside the Top 5 Leagues
  • Quality over Prestige []: 50 points if it can be proven no players from top divisions were signed
  • Hexagon Challenge []: 100 points if all 10 International and Club tournaments are won along with the Glory Hunter Challenge

Manager Progress Template:

The spoiler shows the temporary table layout for how the progress can be shown. You may show progress in any way you feel comfortable with as long as we can see how well you are doing in the challenge

Spoiler

Club Teams:

Season | Club | Nation | League | Position | Continental | Placement | Main Domestic Cup | Placement | Other Competitions (Placement) | Glory Hunter Achievements

National Teams:

Year | Nation | World Cup | Placement | Continental | Placement | Other Competitions (Placement) | Glory Hunter Achievements

For any further questions, I will reply when I can. I will start posting my own save within the next 24 hours.

If you have any suggestions or tips or anything I can add (especially to extra internal challenges) then let me know. 

Edited by samjohpos

CHALLENGE INTERPRETATION

Decided to work out a strategy to tackle this intriguing challenge.
There is also only a finite amount of tournaments left till 2043 across major club and international tournaments for the next 20 seasons. This is broken down.
So timing of being a true continental manager requires us to ensure we are timing things in line with major tournaments

image.png.e283048ced33c833540246f6f7a1ac2c.png

Knowing domestic Top 5 League Titles and Domestic Cups, together with the european UEFA Champions League and European UEFA Europa League are on offer every season.

Analyzing and interpreting the challenges on offer

I decided to model the challenges to see how they flow and what routes to take.

In principle there is achievements across club management and international management....with a world domination piece (hexagon)...which is only achieved if you conquer Confederation and Association cups outside Europe.

image.thumb.png.2f2008001418d32ca1b6748de107dc73.png

Database Setup

Given the top 5 leagues are is effectively the main focus I decided to load the FM save with the top 25 leagues as per UEFA website https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2024

image.png.d08cc6678bb374d94967d99c39e61370.png

Config & Setup
Hence we decided with making the Top 5 leagues playable with the other 20 are view only for now. This takes the database to an initial count of 132430 players.
We will be playing the attribute masking ON and we will not be enabling any in-game editor.
We are also playing  the default clean with 24.3.0 database with no custom additions or addons (I do typically play with a new mods in my own saves)

image.png.362f081073ca640cda5b4cae400334f5.png

image.png.4bffa5bb2eb15e3465418f0c0bd7569b.png

image.thumb.png.4ebdfde2d22cbda6798f9d83a0c5960d.png

image.thumb.png.9b04c1e5a327233404bb43e99e30ff94.png

Edited by rogeriof