GIOVANNI TRAPATTONI'S 1988-1989 INTER 4-3-3 ASYMMETRICAL TACTIC TREBLE WINNING SCORED MORE THAN 1OO GOALS

Hi guys, welcome back to  my channel.
On March 17th, it was a great manager's birthday, Giovanni Trapattoni's 85th birthday. For this reason, I decided to emulate in the game two of his tactics, the first one is his Inter 1988-1989 tactic, that season was a incredible season in Serie A, Inter never lost against any opponent and scored a lot of goals and conceeding very few. 
I decided to emulate his 4-3-3 asymmetric in football manager 2024. In this video you can see how I created the tactic and the results I achieved with Inter in only 1 season, without making any transfers. 
I won the Treble and scored more than 100 goals conceeding only 25 in Serie A. I hope this tactic works for you too.
Legendary Inter Milan of 1988-89
Led by key signings like Lothar Matthäus and Nicola Berti, the team dominated the league, winning the Scudetto (Italian championship) with five games to spare. They boasted the best defense and attack in Serie A, with Aldo Serena claiming the top scorer title. This achievement is even more impressive considering the high level of competition, featuring teams like Maradona's Napoli and Sacchi's Milan. Trapattoni's tactical genius and strong team spirit secured Inter's place as a "Football Legend."

Football Manager Tactic brief analysis

WHAT IF

1. If you struggle to score:
switch the mentality to attacking, switch the left wing-back -support to attack or even to a complete wing-back in attack, the complefe forward-support to attack, and change the tempo to sligthly higher.

PLAYERS POSITION AND INSTRUCTIONS
1. The right nonsense fb is a marking defender more than a support fb, he will remain in defense, closer to the other CD (that's why I selected sit narrower as a PI) and mark one of the strikers if the opponent team has 2 strikers (a striker duo was the most common formation in the 80s and 90s) while the stopper (that in the game is a central defender with stopper duty) mark the other striker. These were Bergomi (fb) and Ferri (stopper)'s roles and duties, while Mandorlini, the libero was not assigned a one-to-one marking task and was more free to support the play building. That's why for the libero role I also selected the dribble more instruction. With this selected, our libero will carry the ball forward, dribble more does not mean that our player will try to dribble the opponents and take so many risks like if he was Leo Messi, but that he will, according to the situation, carry the ball forward and try to help the midfield to buld the play.
2. The right winger on support is the best choice for Alessandro Bianchi's role in a 4-3-3 because he was the typical number 7, able to cover the whole right flank and to drop deeper in defense if needed. But his crosses were also very important in attack, especially for Aldo Serena's head-scoring skills.
3. Andy Brehme's role was much more than a left full-back, he was a real game changer when he pushed forward and pumped so many crossed into the box, besides, he was ambidestrous ( he trained a lot to cross with both feet) so the opponents never know what to expect from him. That's why I chose an advanced wing-back role for him instead of dropping him down alongside the other 3 defenders.
4. Ramon Diaz's role can be seen as a complete forward (support) or also as a deep-lying forward, I believe that the complete forward in support can replicate this role better because Diaz was not only a striker who linked the play dropping deeper but was also a great striker. who played well with Serena.

You can see tactic analysis, in-game creation, stats and highlights on my youtube video here

OUT OF POSSESSION.png

TACTIC OVERVIEW.png

CLASSIFICA.png

IN POSSSESSION.png

IN TRANSITION.png

TRAPATTONI'S INTER 1988-89 4-3-3.fmf