Serie A: Does chronology matter, when stacking nonEU players for future seasons?

I'm currently in Serie A with Pescara and approaching the 2027/2028 season. I've used up my nonEU player allowance for the upcoming 27/28 season.

I am however considering making a signing, who would become eligible to be my nonEU signing for the 28/29 season, and loaning him out in the meantime.

As he would technically be the "first non-EU player signed from abroad who fulfils X criteria", would he automatically take up my nonEU player slot for the 28/29 season? Or would I get a choice to register either him, or someone else, if I signed someone else in January for example who is also nonEU? July 1st 2028 would effectively be the first date either of them could be registered but I don't know if it takes into account the chronology of signings made prior to the date they can be registered, and therefore doesn't give you a choice over who takes the slot.

Basically I'd quite like to loan the guy I'm looking at out (and then maybe again in the 28/29 season) and would therefore like the option of registering someone else as my nonEU signing for 28/29 but getting this guy in to potentially register further down the line!

Thank you in advance, I hope this makes sense, any questions welcome!