Greetings, fellow managers!

FM compare Tool is an app that I developed for personal use inside the game of Football Manager. The primary objective of this app is to get you started quickly on a new save or with a new club, by using the recommended in-game attributes (along with a small personal tweak) to list and rate the best players in the squad based on the selected role (Wing Back on Support, Box to Box Midfielder etc.) The in-game staff's star-rating recommendations aren't exactly the best guide for role ability... As we very well know.

Who am I:

In few words, I am a nerd that has been playing this game religiously almost every year, starting with CM 02/03 (more than 6000 hours clocked since FM19 alone). Recently, I started learning to code and decided to make something useful for myself. Since the project came out so nicely, I decided to share it with the community as well.

What made me develop this app:

For years and years, I've had a system of comparing players' attributes for various roles and it always worked great. The only issue was that it took time to compare all the players between each other and remember their capabilities for various roles on the pitch. This comes in especially useful when taking over a new squad, but it can also be used with new transfers in, to see how the new players rank against your squad (for a specific role). You can get a truly quick start now, with this app.

App Description:

The app uses the in-game recommended attributes for each role (along with a little extra sprinkle on top from myself, to account for set pieces and stats that weigh heavier than others). That's it, basically, it suggests the best options for any role in your tactic. This is NOT a cheat, it just "automates" the comparison between the players' attributes, saving us some time. Also, if the entire squad is being compared (without filtering them by the positions they can play in), it also provides useful insight for re-training players for other positions and roles (for example, re-training your Ball Winning Midfielder to play as an Inverted Wing-Back).

What the app does:

• Compares and rates (scores) players based on their attributes for a selected role, ranking them in order, in a list - which is basically advice for selection and re-training.
  • Takes into account the set-piece attributes, but at a reduced importance.
  • Remembers the last squad that was uploaded to your account, making it easier to come back and simply check ratings for other roles (without going through the initial steps mentioned in the "How To").

What the app does not do:

• Does not take into consideration your tactics, team instructions, personal instructions (or prefered player moves), opposition instructions, player traits, morale, form or position familiarity. Should you wish to filter players by position familiarity, you can do that in-game from the Squad View Filters (on the right hand side), before printing the screen to text, in the "Untitled.rtf" file - see the "How To" section below, for details.
  • The scoring system is slightly relative, in the sense that a difference of less than 10% between ratings is somewhat negligible and you can safely go with your personal preference for selection among the players within that top 10% margin.

How to:

These steps only need to be completed the first time you use the site:

1. Download the "full stats.fmf" squad view from here or from the attachments below. The link is also provided in the video guide on using the app - you can find the video guide on the website (the yellow button).
  2. Copy and paste the "full stats.fmf" file to the Documents directory of Football Manager, inside the "views" folder  - example path: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\views.
  3. Go to the squad section inside the game and import the view, like in the first attached file (see the first spoiler below). 
  4. Using the in-game print screen function, print the squad view to a .rtf file, called "Untitled", like in the next attached files (see the following spoilers below).
  5. Go to https://fmcomparetool.onrender.com/ and register an account, then simply upload the "Untitled.rtf" file on the front page, by selecting it from your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\ folder, then hit "Submit".
  6. Now you can click any of the roles from the dropdown buttons (with blue margins) and the app will return your squad, sorted in order by their attributes' suitability for the selected role.

The next times you use the tool, the uploaded file will be remembered under your account and you don't need to upload another, unless there are new players that you want to be scored and compared to the rest of your squad.

Video Instructions

FM compare Tool

Known issues:

Sometimes, on older accounts, uploading the "Untitled.rtf" file might result in an error, in which case you can simply register a new account by following the 1-6 steps above and it will work flawlessly once more.

TLDR:

An app that saves you the time it takes to compare players' attributes, based on the roles in the game, especially useful when starting off at a new club.

Happy Managing!

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

fm_Gh3E6mRHxH.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpeg.65ce971b11eb20ca060eda4784f84639.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg.c4da41ff96a69c407b75f9a36e65757f.jpeg

Spoiler

brave_aOujyU3Xrf.jpg

full stats.fmf