Incorrect playoff information in league rules

rijclt

I thought my league with optional playoffs (alternate fate places) was working...almost. Here's the setup,

image.thumb.png.7bb482175cd34f659f0e2fe59494416e.png

The playoffs work as they should, but there's an annoying visual bug in league rules where there's an additional line (highlighted below) that just shouldn't be there.

image.png.d7178ab2893e6ab00cf44495bf339177.png

Relegation playoff does not take place if there are more than 3 points between 13th and 14th.

How can I get rid of this line?

Edited by rijclt

• rijclt changed the title to Incorrect playoff information in league rules

That did not actually fix the issue - the extra line is gone, but removing the 0 resulted in playoffs now taking place even when the difference between 13th and 14th is more than 3 points, as I have set "number of bottom playoff places" to 2.

I have tried changing "number of bottom playoff places" to 0 and keeping the above setup (new bottom playoff places is blank). The playoffs work as intended and the extra line in league rules is removed, but there's a new issue - it's possible that the 14th place team would first be assigned a fate of "Relegated", which later changes to "playoff".

Example in a 16-team league with 30 rounds:

End of Round 28

team A in 13th place with 28 points

team B in 14th place with 27 points

Round 29 - A wins, B loses

A in 13th place with 31 points

B in 14th place with 27 points - mathematically impossible to catch up with team A with 1 round remaining, game assigns "Relegated" fate. However, relegation is not assured given our optional playoff setup, as playoff can still happen

Round 30 - A loses, B wins

A in 13th place with 31 points

B in 14th place with 30 points

The difference between 13th and 14th team is 1 point. Playoff takes place.

Edited by rijclt

In general, the game does not account for alternate fate places when it's allocating fate to teams in an ongoing league, resulting in premature (example above) or delayed allocation (example below) of fate.

Example of delayed fate allocation:

"number of bottom playoff places" is set to 2 and "new bottom playoff places" set to 0 for case where more than 3 points separate 13th and 14th team.

Then no matter what the ongoing point difference is, even when team in 14th is mathematically confirmed relegated with several matches to spare, it will only get the "Relegated" fate at the end of the last round, when the game evaluates alternate fate places.