Wild Wild Ideas.

ChaosReiter

On the football field, the differences in ability between Erling Haaland and my nine-year-old nephew are significant. Haaland is undoubtedly stronger, faster, and more technically skilled. What if my nephew understands how to use magic, has studied sorcery from the Far East, has three dragons as his companions, wears a gun on his belt, and he's actually 600 years older than Haaland? Things might get strange yet interesting.

As a game designer in the real world, part of my job is to constantly inspire myself to create more engaging game content. One of the primary ways to gain inspiration is by combining unrelated elements or experiences that I enjoy. I love football and enjoy playing FM. I also appreciate the novels of Haruki Murakami and Shuhei Fujisawa, the films of Alfred Hitchcock and David Fincher, historical simulation games, and fantasy CRPGs.

So I thought, why not record those wild ideas about football?

In the medieval era six hundred years ago, countries large and small waged war against each other for survival, power, wealth, and faith. Powerful nations possessed strong armies, vast territories, and abundant wealth. If people's love for football surpassed their pursuit of other things at that time, then powerful nations would mean better domestic leagues and more talented youth development. England still has decent leagues, but there are also many young people from Europe who hope to fulfill their football dreams in the Ottoman Super League and the Mamluk Premier League. Many teams in the Holy Roman Empire have strict restrictions on foreign players, and so on.

In another world, a football coach is very troubled as he doesn't know how to arrange his team for the new season. His squad includes an ambitious human dragon rider, several dwarves who are only slightly taller than footballs but have exceptional skills, elves who are equally talented but refuse to compete alongside dwarves, a Chaotic Evil vampire, and a group of local Skavens. Introducing the D20 system into football seems to be quite enjoyable.

And how would stellaris football league work?

……

Among all these ideas, I haven't decided which one to pursue yet, and I'm not sure if they're just passing thoughts of the night that will be forgotten in a few days, or the beginning of a project. But if I come up with something, do something, I'll record it here, and if anyone has any more interesting ideas, feel free to share! Cheers.

Some thoughts:

The basic framework involves incorporating the majority of the mechanics from the FM24 game itself, alongside the D20 system to modify corresponding parameters.

Race: Different races affect the attribute range of players. For example, vampires have a maximum Jumping Reach limit of 10, Skavens have a maximum pace limit of 25, and so on.

Class: For each player, different categories of data accumulating to a certain threshold in a match, such as every 0.5 or 0.3 xG, every 5 successful passes, etc., will trigger an extra event. The impact of the extra event may involve changing the player's abilities in the remaining match or other effects. Different classes determine the triggering conditions for extra events and the pool of events that occur after triggering. For example, a paladin could temporarily boost the mental abilities of teammates every time he get 0.3 xG.