The 3 Year Challenge

Welcome to the 3 Year Challenge! This is a fun challenge I came up with a few years back originally just with a couple of friends. When I got into streaming it became a little popular and now it's something that I love to do each year. Take a look at how it works below:

Rules

I will pick a team that everyone must manage in the series. The aim is to manage that team for 3 seasons and try to be as successful as possible. Along the way you will earn points for cup wins, league points and individual manager awards. At the end of the three seasons, tally up your points and see where you rank compared to everyone else!

Setting up the database is easy. It's completely up to you what leagues you have loaded in and what size database you are using. You MUST start with the original Football Manager mode though. 

The editor is of course not allowed and you MUST disable the first transfer window. No signings are to be made until January in your first season.

Add up league points at the end of each season

5 points for champions league and your domestic league
4 for Europa league
3 for Europa conference league
2 for any other cup
1 for European qualification of ANY kind
5 manager of the year
2 for manager of the month
-5 for relegation
+ 5 promotion

If sacked, player must start again but can only play seasons adding up to 3. (If sacked season 1, start again but
only play 2 further seasons = total 3)

And now the moment everyone is waiting for...what club is first? 

Well...

We will be taking charge of Hamburg in the German second division!

If you're unsure of the rules have a look at the video and hopefully I have explained it a little clearer!

Best of luck to anyone playing along also!

3YC 1.png

Good idea, They used to do something similar over on Sortitioutsi , time based challenges with certain teams.

I've just been sacked from my English non-league save so I'm looking for something new until I settle on a long term save, this certainly appeals.

8 hours ago, Rick87 said:

Good idea, They used to do something similar over on Sortitioutsi , time based challenges with certain teams.

I've just been sacked from my English non-league save so I'm looking for something new until I settle on a long term save, this certainly appeals.

By all means give this a whirl! I really like that it's just a nice short save that anyone can have a go at and the competitive element just adds to the fun!

46 minutes ago, FunnySeaSider said:

By all means give this a whirl! I really like that it's just a nice short save that anyone can have a go at and the competitive element just adds to the fun!

Is there any rules regarding manager profile/experience etc?