U.C. Sampdoria - un titolo pretenzioso che ho ottenuto tramite Google Translate

humanmale

ENGLISH COACH STEVENSON APPOINTED SAMPDORIA MANAGER
27th June 2023

Serie B club Sampdoria have appointed former Leeds United first team coach Jack Stevenson as their new manager.

Stevenson, who has never played professional football and is just 33, managed to earn his UEFA A License at the age of just 19, before spending a brief period as Technical Director of the British Virgin Islands. He then became head coach of the English National Futsal Team, before joining the Leeds United coaching staff under the tutelage of Marcelo Bielsa. Stevenson has been appointed Sampdoria manager by the former Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani, who rescued Sampdoria from potential bankruptcy by purchasing the club over the summer.

"I'm deeply humbled to be appointed manager of a club as historic as Sampdoria," stated Stevenson at his unveiling. "I'm aware this is an uncertain period in the team's history and the fans might not know what to expect from me. All I can promise is that I really grasp the magnitude of this opportunity, and I just want to get the team playing exciting, fast paced, and winning football in the short term, and see how far that takes us."

ANALYSIS

Sampdoria will go into the new season as relative outsiders for promotion, despite their rich history and the fact they were only relegated from Serie A in the last campaign. Their recent financial struggles have left them with a diminished squad, and it remains to be seen whether Radrizzani intends to finance an immediate promotion tilt, or simply wishes to consolidate in the second tier. Stevenson will of course be an almost entirely unknown figure to Italian football fans, but was highly rated as a coaching prospect in England, and already speaks some Italian. This will be a season of significant transition for the 1991 Serie A champions, and having won just three matches in the league last season in finishing bottom of the table, a sense of buoyancy and optimism may return simply from the Stadio Luigi Ferraris witnessing some victories again.

Spoiler

Hello. I have toyed with the idea of attempting something like this for a little while, and certainly my girlfriend has been furious with me for not devoting enough time to Football Manager already, so here we are. I actually went to watch Sampdoria on holiday in September! They lost 2-1 to Cittadella and were ****ing abysmal, and as we were leaving the stadium an Italian man pointed and laughed at my pasty English legs in my shorts. Nonetheless it was a wonderful experience, and a seed of an idea was born to rescue them from their recent travails in the new Football Manager. They're currently 14th in Serie B under the management of Andrea Pirlo, and seem to be slowly improving after a dismal start, but obviously my avatar is going to smash it out the park. Stay tuned!

Hi Humanmale,

Welcome to FMS. Best of luck with this one, but before you continue, I'd suggest you have a read through the FMS House Rules, which i've added to the bottom of this post. I've removed the pics from your opening post, if you need this story moved to an area where you can continue to use pics, let me know.