Morning guys,

Something I have struggled with through multiple versions of FM now is the number of times my attacking players are offside in some games. It isn't every game but there are games where my striker, wingers or overlapping full backs will just constantly run offside and I've never been able to solve it!

Because it isn't every game, I think it must be the opposition playing an offside trap (I guess the AilI applying the Step-up TI?) but I've never found a way of counteracting it.

Should I, for example, change the attacking roles to something more conservative to reduce the number of forward runs (i.e. change an IFa to IFs?) or change the role completely to one that drops back (such as swapping an AFa to DLFa?). That approach tends to disrupt my tactic though (and doesn't work anyway!).

Is the answer more in team instructions and should in increase or decrease the Tempo to either delay the runs or get the ball forward quicker?

Or is this just a quirk of the match engine I need to accept and suck up (always an option given how complex it is under the hood!)

After many years of tweaking on the fly and shouting at digital players trying to solve this any help would be appreciated!