Match practice sessions the day before the match?

5 hours ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

Hi

Is there a real greater benefit for this practice on the training schedules?

That will not increase the risk of injuries a lot?

I ask this because some very experienced players do the shedules like that...

Thanks you!

They give a lot of squad cohesion, tactical familiarity and squad happiness. 

It will increase injury risk.

Yes use them, they're fantastic, but not the day before a match. 

3 horas atrás, Cloud9 disse:

Thank you very much for the answer!

I know they are fantastic sessions I just wanted to understand the reason that make some high experienced players do use it the day right before the match!

33 minutes ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

I know they are fantastic sessions I just wanted to understand the reason that make some high experienced players do use it the day right before the match!

Yea don't put them the day before a match. Put "Match Preview" and squeeze In some of the performance modifiers as well in the day running up to the game (attacking movement, defensive, and teamwork). 

Only possible reasoning would be if you're in preseason and trying to jam in a ton of intensive training. Otherwise Match Preview is your friend. You'll want Match Review the day after the game as well. 

There's no benefit to having your players be tired/get injured on match day. Stick them Monday/Wednesday if you've got a game Saturday and get a recovery session in after them. I have been leaning to use just one (of two) of these a week in my schedules, they're really intensive on the squad and will up your injury risk a ton. 

Edited by Cloud9

11 minutos atrás, Cloud9 disse:

Yea don't put them the day before a match. Put "Match Preview" and squeeze In some of the performance modifiers as well in the day running up to the game (attacking movement, defensive, and teamwork). 

Only possible reasoning would be if you're in preseason and trying to jam in a ton of intensive training. Otherwise Match Preview is your friend. You'll want Match Review the day after the game as well. 

There's no benefit to having your players be tired/get injured on match day. Stick them Monday/Wednesday if you've got a game Saturday and get a recovery session in after them. I have been leaning to use just one (of two) of these a week in my schedules, they're really intensive on the squad and will up your injury risk a ton. 

Thank you very much!

Since you talk about match previews and reviews I would like to ask your opinion of those traning sessions are worth for the U18 squad?

I ask this because It's a fact that for players under 18 years old the training is more important than winning matches and match previews or reviews are training sessions more focused on the tactics to win matches and not so much for attribute development. So what about using those slots for more attributes training on the U18?

This is a hard one - from all the costume schedules I saw online, only Zealand makes U18 schedules without game previews and reviews. All the other users still do those training sessions.

39 minutes ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

Just to follow up quickly on this. If someone is actually good at the game and doing this it means one of two things:

1. Either they meant to put Match Preview and misclicked (similar blue look, similar name) and haven't realized.

2. They're intentionally exploiting a bug they've found, in which case you can report it here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

Edited by Cloud9

2 minutos atrás, Cloud9 disse:

Just to follow up quickly on this. If someone is actually good at the game and doing this it means one of two things:

1. Either they meant to put Match Preview and misclicked (similar blue look, similar name) and haven't realized.

2. They're intentionally exploiting a bug they've found, in which case you can report it here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

RDF tactics and bustthenet gaming are doing and sharing the match practise the day before the match!! Very confusing!

8 minutes ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

Thank you very much!

Since you talk about match previews and reviews I would like to ask your opinion of those traning sessions are worth for the U18 squad?

I ask this because It's a fact that for players under 18 years old the training is more important than winning matches and match previews or reviews are training sessions more focused on the tactics to win matches and not so much for attribute development. So what about using those slots for more attributes training on the U18?

This is a hard one - from all the costume schedules I saw online, only Zealand makes U18 schedules without game previews and reviews. All the other users still do those training sessions.

For training for u18 I would ignore the game previews and reviews, they're for the squad cohesion/tactical familiarity of the first team.

I'd put together training schedules that fit the attributes you want to develop on your u18 players that will fit the style of play in your first team. A player coming through your u18 system can better grow the attributes you're looking for since you have the time to grow him yourself. 

Injuries can really derail a young players development so push them hard but not into severe injury risk. 

Edited by Cloud9

1 minute ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

RDF tactics and bustthenet gaming are doing and sharing the match practise the day before the match!! Very confusing!

Hm, strange. The only thing I can think of still is that they're trying to push pre-season to be extra tiring for the players. I believe there's a modifier that a hard pre-season helps the team maintain fitness throughout the season.

You could experiment with it for pre-season yourself but I'd definitely avoid it once the real games start. 

7 minutos atrás, Cloud9 disse:

Hm, strange. The only thing I can think of still is that they're trying to push pre-season to be extra tiring for the players. I believe there's a modifier that a hard pre-season helps the team maintain fitness throughout the season.

You could experiment with it for pre-season yourself but I'd definitely avoid it once the real games start. 

They share schedules with match practise before the match for the whole season...

don't know....

Anyway, do you know any creator os schedules that train the U18 that way (without the previews and reviews)? The only one I founf is Zealand but his schedules are made for FM22 and are extremely intense. all the other youtubers do match previwes and reviews with the U18...

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

They share schedules with match practise before the match for the whole season...

don't know....

Anyway, do you know any creator os schedules that train the U18 that way (without the previews and reviews)? The only one I founf is Zealand but his schedules are made for FM22 and are extremely intense. all the other youtubers do match previwes and reviews with the U18...

Thanks!

Only other possible thing I could think of, if you're running a lot of Rest in your schedule-- Match Practice will up their Match Fitness. If you think it's OP, running two and giving rest to other sessions might be more effective training wise. I believe Match Practice was stronger on previous FMs so that might factor in as well.

On U18 training: did a little looking. You mentioned Rashidi so here's one of his videos for FM23.  

This guy: Evidence Based Football Manager, is a great data driven source imo. 

Edited by Cloud9

1 hora atrás, Cloud9 disse:

Only other possible thing I could think of, if you're running a lot of Rest in your schedule-- Match Practice will up their Match Fitness. If you think it's OP, running two and giving rest to other sessions might be more effective training wise. I believe Match Practice was stronger on previous FMs so that might factor in as well.

On U18 training: did a little looking. You mentioned Rashidi so here's one of his videos for FM23.  

This guy: Evidence Based Football Manager, is a great data driven source imo. 

Thank you very much! Yes was from this video I saw the match practise training the day before the matches :)

Edited by Aimless-Sailor

11 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

Just add recovery session and yes try not to have them before a game unless you are intentionally looking for a challenge

7 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

. The only thing I can think of still is that they're trying to push pre-season to be extra tiring for the players. I believe there's a modifier that a hard pre-season helps the team maintain fitness throughout the season.

That is 100% correct, in preseason I push my team to the hilt. There is a modifier in the game that affects how soon your players get jaded, it’s determined by how demanding your preseason is. On my livestream those who watched saw the effects. In one season I left it on default played 8 games, a few of my players started getting jaded by January.  I explained why and our performances suffered too. The next season I did bootcamp for 3 weeks and had 7 friendlies. Only one player was jaded, and that was in the last game of the season. 

8 horas atrás, Rashidi disse:

Just add recovery session and yes try not to have them before a game unless you are intentionally looking for a challenge

So the schedules you have for us to download are made intentionally looking for a challenge? Because you use match practices before the matches. Should we keep them every week or use them just for pre-season?

8 horas atrás, Rashidi disse:

That is 100% correct, in preseason I push my team to the hilt. There is a modifier in the game that affects how soon your players get jaded, it’s determined by how demanding your preseason is. On my livestream those who watched saw the effects. In one season I left it on default played 8 games, a few of my players started getting jaded by January.  I explained why and our performances suffered too. The next season I did bootcamp for 3 weeks and had 7 friendlies. Only one player was jaded, and that was in the last game of the season. 

Do you recommend doing bootcamps? What are their effect? The training slots we lose with the travels are not an issue?

Thank you very much once again!!!

PS: I answer you on the other thread as well.

Edited by Aimless-Sailor

3 hours ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

So the schedules you have for us to download are made intentionally looking for a challenge? Because you use match practices before the matches. Should we keep them every week or use them just for pre-season?

Mine are in the same week as a match and not immediately before. On the day before I do match prep like attacking movement not practice.

2 horas atrás, Rashidi disse:

Mine are in the same week as a match and not immediately before. On the day before I do match prep like attacking movement not practice.

I am completly confused now!!!

I can see that you put match practice the day before the matches both on the costume schedules that you share on your page and also on the video that you upload 4 months ago!

Yet here you write that you dont do that...

Maybe you put it there by mistake then? 

Please see the images attached.

Thank you!

IMG_20230427_210720.jpg

IMG_20230427_210732.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-27-21-11-02-304_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-27-21-12-49-042_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Edited by Aimless-Sailor

Youth teams I push them all the way. There are also weeks they don’t even play any football .

I haven’t had issues yet. And if you look at the senior teams you will see that they normally just do a lot of match prep. Since they only do one match prep.

There is an indicator for every schedule that tells you the risk to injury and you will find that they are not high.

It sounds like you have plenty of doubts. 

My advice is to go out there and see what you are comfortable with. Ultimately you can leave it to the assistant manager. If you aren’t the sort who is comfortable min maxing the game, don’t try.

For min maxers the match practice session is invaluable.

10 horas atrás, Rashidi disse:

Youth teams I push them all the way. There are also weeks they don’t even play any football .

I haven’t had issues yet. And if you look at the senior teams you will see that they normally just do a lot of match prep. Since they only do one match prep.

There is an indicator for every schedule that tells you the risk to injury and you will find that they are not high.

My advice is to go out there and see what you are comfortable with. Ultimately you can leave it to the assistant manager. If you aren’t the sort who is comfortable min maxing the game, don’t try.

Ah! I understand now!!! So this is only for the U18!!! Thank you very much for the explanation!

If you could answer me this small questions I think all my doubts will be clear, I would be very veeeery thankful and could finaly start the game!!!

1 - On the other thread you wrote to me that "optimum gameplay - you manage all aspects of training" - In this you mean that if I do the schedules myself the results will be better than letting the Ass Man doing it?  What about if I download and use your or any other pre made costume schedule? Will be better than Ass Man?

2- What is min maxing the game? Could I achieve that with a costume schedule that I download from you or orther experinced user?

3 - The fact that the costume schedules to download were made for your team and maybe they are not fitted for my team is not a possible problem? What about the repeating the same schedules over and over every week? Is not an issue?

4 - You think tactical familiarity is important for the U18? I ask this because for players under 18 years old the training is more important than winning matches so I was thinking to dont waste slots at all with match previews and reviews and use this slots for more attribute training sessions.

Thank you so much and sorry to bother.

Edited by Aimless-Sailor

Em 28/04/2023 em 04:03, Rashidi disse:

I'm really sorry to bother.

I understand if you don't have the time to answer the 4 questions from my last message.

Can you just tell me if you are planning to answer or not?

I totally understand the answer is no... I just want this to know because I am holding myself from playing the game waiting for your instructions... So if you just say "no" I will just no wait any longer.

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

I'm really sorry to bother.

I understand if you don't have the time to answer the 4 questions from my last message.

Can you just tell me if you are planning to answer or not?

I totally understand the answer is no... I just want this to know because I am holding myself from playing the game waiting for your instructions... So if you just say "no" I will just no wait any longer.

Thank you very much!

These are simple questions so I can answer them for you.

1. It will always be more effective to do your training regimes yourself, downloaded will also be better than assistant manager 2. Min Maxing is playing the game like it's your job lol, and trying to optimize everything 3. Different training schedules will prioritize different attributes, his will prioritize attributes he's looking for 4. Just go with it.

The game intentionally hides stuff which is part of what makes it fun. Figure out how you want to play and go from there. 

4 horas atrás, Cloud9 disse:

These are simple questions so I can answer them for you.

1. It will always be more effective to do your training regimes yourself, downloaded will also be better than assistant manager 2. Min Maxing is playing the game like it's your job lol, and trying to optimize everything 3. Different training schedules will prioritize different attributes, his will prioritize attributes he's looking for 4. Just go with it.

The game intentionally hides stuff which is part of what makes it fun. Figure out how you want to play and go from there. 

Thank you very much!

So if I download a good made costume schedule and repeat it over and over every week is not a problem? Still better than the Ass Man?

Or should I make some chenges every week? (But in that case I am afraid I could mess up the schedule).

15 minutes ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

Thank you very much!

So if I download a good made costume schedule and repeat it over and over every week is not a problem? Still better than the Ass Man?

Or should I make some chenges every week? (But in that case I am afraid I could mess up the schedule).

Download is fine :thup:

A good starting point is separate schedules for  pre season vs main season. Have monthly set ups instead of weekly so the players are getting more varied training than just one schedule. 

Edited by Cloud9

Em 30/04/2023 em 07:05, Cloud9 disse:

A good starting point is separate schedules for  pre season vs main season. Have monthly set ups instead of weekly so the players are getting more varied training than just one schedule. 

So having diferent schedules is important!

The problem is that most schedule creators just have one type of schedule for download.

What should I do?

Edited by Aimless-Sailor

Em 30/04/2023 em 07:05, Cloud9 disse:

Yes but after pre season most of the schedule creators just have one type of schedule for download

How can I get varied training?

Using the same schedule every week is not good?

Edited by Aimless-Sailor