[FM23] - Cork City - Marching our way back to the top.

Emozil

So after the sacking with Trabzonspor, and the save corruption/hard drive dying with Palermo. We are back. This time we are off to Ireland.

20221212124819_1.thumb.jpg.9aa745973263a487dac26cbc5ecb8766.jpg

Cork City Football Club is an Irish association football club based in Cork. The club was founded and elected to the League of Ireland in 1984.

It was one of the first clubs in Ireland (and the first in Cork) to field a team of professional footballers. The club became one of the biggest and best supported clubs in the country. In a survey published in 2020, the club was the highest supported League of Ireland (LOI) club.

The club's traditional colours are green and white with red trim, and the crest is a variant of the Cork coat of arms. City's home games are played at Turners Cross.

Edited by Emozil

The Squad:
20221212133137_1.thumb.jpg.dfdafe131ca7f546d9d25e8e2fa9aff5.jpg

20221212133141_1.thumb.jpg.af1e36bbc2724b1014098d9af2213eec.jpg

Seeing 4 keepers weirds me out. So one of them will have to go. We're stacked at CB and DM. 

The downside: our entire squad is out of contract in the summer. Lots of work to do in recruiting the following season.

TRANSFER RULES

Whilst in the 2nd tier of Ireland: Free Transfers and Loans only
Whilst in the top tier: UK and Irish based players/nationals only.
Once we qualify for any European competition: We can sign players from anywhere in Europe
Once we qualify for any the Champions League: We can sign players anywhere in the world.

There is a catch though. No player searching/Attribute searching allowed. I can only sign players recommended to me by my scouts or agents, and agent offers are exempt to the recruitment rules above. Considering Ireland has no rules on foreign players at all (other than minimum wages for work permits) – I’d like to take advantage of that. So if I have an agent in my inbox offering me a player from Venezuela, if he’s good enough, you bet I’m taking him.

Hoping to see some of you join me for the ride!

Half season update. We are absolutely smashing it. Unbeaten so far. However I don't think we have the squad depth to keep this up. 

If anyones curious, tactic wise I'm just using a 4231 gegenpress at home (on positive) and away I'm using the same but with balanced and with 2 DM's. No OI's. No individual player tactics. However, I don't think the tactic is good, I just think the squad in general is levels above the rest of the league. Especially since Cork won the league this year IRL. Also, out of transparency, I do holiday in between games and just play the games themselves. (Hence the number of inbox messages! - it'll be my assistants problem) :) 

We have give Cian Murphy a contract, as past saves tells me he's a very solid player for the level above, and would be criminal to see him let go on a free. He now has a deal until 2025.

I do like the Irish leagues. Small amount of games, no foreign player rules. Hopefully here to stay long term.

20221212172848_1.thumb.jpg.188a20f198bf7a3cbc3baa931dd9abf5.jpg

Edited by Emozil

20221212185848_1.thumb.jpg.01ecc8f6f38f648c4e69873b2d003eb7.jpg

First season complete and we have dominated the opposition. One game off an unbeaten season, gutting. :( 

I'll be changing and going more defensive in the top tier as I don't feel we can play on the front foot and win most weeks since we're in a division. Maybe I'll experiment with a back 3 as I have a lot of CB's available. 

Next update (Recruitment update and tactic) to be next week as I won't have time to play this weekend. See you all then!