Getting Development List to work properly

I have never managed to get the "Add to Development List" to function properly.

While playing Man United on my FM23 Beta save I put a youth player on the development list and set several criteria, among them I wanted the loan manager/DoF (unclear who actually performs the task) to find a loan in the Championship.

The very next day in the save, a Jamaican club have made a loan offer for said player, which the Loan Manager has accepted on my behalf, since the player is on the loan list.

I want final say on all incoming and outgoing players, which I have set in the Responsibilites section.

1. Why are they accepting a loan to a Jamaican club when I ask for them to find a club in the Championship?
2. Why are they accepting the offer from the Jamaican club on my behalf when I have made settings to have final say on all transfers/loans?

I've always interpreted the final say as when the deal is completed, the player had agreed the move and you get the accept/cancel to confirm the loan. Your DoF/loan manager/whoever will ACCEPT a bid, but only you can CONFIRM the deal. 

As to why an offer from a Jamaican club has been accepted, not a clue. Maybe if you post a screenshot of the development list screen for this player, somebody might spot something?

Didn’t get the chance to confirm, it was just accepted… 

Main issue with putting players on these two lists is a almost never receive any offers… you’d think most league two to championship clubs would be interested in the best Man United prospects, especially when I reduce the salary demands 🤷🏻‍♂️