Build a nation. Latvia. FS Metta.

Barneyinglis

Season 5

Youth Intake 

In the youth intake for this season there were only two lads that I believed I would use at some point and there were midfielder Aleksandrs Kalniņš (CM) and striker Jevgenijs Kļava (ST). Aleksandrs Kalniņš is the more likely to feature and has better potential, Klava has an unambitious personality which isn't ideal, but we will see how they develop. 

image.thumb.png.b413dcaf6f63dd17b757e019f1de73ef.png

image.thumb.png.91154c8ad4a2e8e890a4bbe3fc90ff05.png

• 2 weeks later...

Season 6 

Transfers and Europa League Knockouts. 

Another busy window, we needed to recruit after we lost a far few players in the off season. We weren't able to get any new strikers after losing two strikers in the off season, luckily with Yunusa Muritala (ST) and Valerijs Lizunovs (ST) we still have two great strikers. Titov was replaced with a random Brazilian free agent in Vitor (RB) a rapid, defensively solid right back, very happy with this addition. Edvards Ivanovs (GK) young keeper just needed a backup and someone to play for the u18s. Janis Kalnins (CM) young CM could hopefully develop into a good squad player. Kazeem Okeke (GK) Nigerian backup keeper. Aleksandrs Solovjovs (LB) young Latvian LB to play for the under 18s and an emergency backup for the first team at LB. Kolyo Georgiev Bulgioan (CB) young defender looks promising, and I look forward to using him, will be a backup to the first team. Jean Marc Diomande (CB/DM/CM) Ivory coast international, following Wilfried Traoré from ASEC Mimosas, great player will be deployed a CB, but he only came at the mid-point of the season so won't feature in the Europa knockouts. 

On the outs Marko Regža (ST) was no longer needed and went on loan to Riga, and David Akintola Idowu (CB) left too Qatar good transfer fee got happy with the sale.  

AGS Asteras Tripolis (Greece) were our Europa league opponents and I think I underestimated them as I thought we'd easily win, especially after a 1-1 draw away, but I think the lack of league football as this game came in are pre-season done us over losing 2-1 at home. What a journey, pound of the lads just wish we'd have got further. 

image.thumb.png.ea75581fec47910208bd236607bd41dc.png