Editing Data Programatically? Editor API?

CosmicCreepers

Hello, not sure I can find an answer for this one.

I have always found an issue I have had with editing is the repetitive process of transcribing numbers into different attribute boxes for new players, clubs, etc. Some of the projects i've wanted to do in the past (much older versions of FM) involved pulling some personal information (for fictional characters not a data protection issue) and then using certain other data to generate attributes for those players. However I then found that I had 200+ players to manually create 1 by 1 and enter into the game, and then assign them all manually to the right team.

This is a very time consuming, repetitive and frustrating task that also ends up leading to me making lots of errors, wasting a lot of time, and being so frustrated by the whole process that I never fully completed the project and never touched the editor again.

HOWEVER: I have recently been playing FM a lot more and am interested in some toying around with the editor again, and wondered if there is a way of programmatically making editor data, and then testing the files for bugs in editor... OR even better, if there's an API that allows me to interact with the editor to create and test an editor file programmatically.

My thoughts to some degree would be that it should be possible for me to find and access the database with a separate piece of database software and use that to run queries etc. but i don't know if this is something you aim to protect from this type of querying? (even though i can realistically do any of these queries manually in the actual game).

Anyway, any help or pointers would be useful! Thanks!