Official CMELClan Team Report thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest make decent start to there premiership campaign

forrest needed a bigger squad to compete with the big boys and briggs made a few decent signins even thought he need to because it was maninly thanx to his loan signins they are in the prem:

dave dunne millwall 475k

a young left sider midfield or defender

osskarsson man.utd 500k

an out and out legend

osbourne middelsboro 1m

a brilliant dmc at the age of 29

giles middelsboro 775k

a back up dmc

butler bristol.city 825k

a young 17 year old left back 1 for the future

dixon bristol city 825k

another young centre midfielder

shaw bristol city 1m

already made an impact at a young age brilliant centre mid

forrest made an apauling start to the season with a tricky 1st few fixtures there easiest was 1st game of season at the vity of manchester stadium.

man.city 2-0 nottingham forrest

forrest at least deserved a draw in this one very unlucky to lose.

nottingham forrest 3-3 bristol city

i went 1-0 down at around 50mins then the game came to light and i hit back immediately then took the lead with osskarsson and elliot then i went 3-1 up with john barnes comin off the bench scoring. with 3 minutes to go bristol pull 1 back then in second minute of injury time an equalizer. I would of taken 3-3 at the beginnin of the game against at league challenging side but disappointed how late i conceeded also phils side desereved a draw.

next up aidas old side w.b.a away this were a good side and i would of again hoped for a draw

w.b.a 2-5 nottingham forrest

osskarsson scoring 4 showin no matter his agen he is still quality.

up next was simons old side middelsboro once again would of taken a draw at the beginnin of the game

nottingham forrest 3-3 middelsboro

3-1 up with 10 minutes to go but once again couldn hold out for the win after a 91st minute equalizer.

last game of the session was a trip to anfield to play ant2s liverpool side again would of been happy with a draw

liverpool 1-1 nottingham forrest

went 1-0 down in the 1st half aginst the run of play with the liverpool goal keeper with a 10 after 30 minutes forrest couldnt put 1 past him until a stewart downing free kick left there keeper with no chance in around the 70th minute after that it was wether liverpool coould hold on with forrest having 25 shots and liverpool only having 8 liverpool were lucky to get a draw but briggs was happy with the performance.

overall a good start to the season for forrest and briggs and they have proved they are good enought to stay in the division they are left in mid table position despite the difficult fixtures to the beginnin of the season...

New Season, New Challange.

The egaly awaited new Season finally arrived, and the Silly season was over, most the Signings had been done by all the big clubs.

But...there was 1 suprise this Summer that happened that around 3 games in Reigning Champions Manager James Cale packed up and left for his home town club Cardiff, which left the Football World schocked,

the Main reason for Cale leaving Man Utd was the lack of sheep he told Sky Sports News.

Going back to the news of Portsmouth now.

After the terrific recovery of last season & twice picking up Manager of the month awards, I decided to bring in some new talent.

With a huge transfer budget of around 12m.

First Player brought in was young Centre Back, John Barrett, signed on a free transfer.

Another Centre, Back Richard Wilkinson was Signed from WBA for 525k to bolster up the leaky defence.

Another WBA was the next addition do our improving squad, Daryl Fordyce, previously of Portsmouth was signed on a Free Transfer.

A keeper was also desperately needed, the keeper that i took on loan last season Matt Perry had been released by Villa, so snapped him up straight away.

Youngster & Former England School Boy was next to be added, Simon Hunt, a very talented 18 year old, signed from Bolton for just under £3,000,000.

Versatile Middlesbrough Winger was also added to provide good cover, for 550k got a bargain there..

Gary Jackson & Tolo Kinnersley from Zaragoza & Reggina respectively were 2 the Freebies signed during the summer, with there presence being felt immediately with shirt sales rocketing.

Last Major Signing of the Summer was Man Utd impressive Striker Lowe, spend a few seasons on loan, now i feel he is ready for Premiership Football.

With my strong squad, which now has cover for all positions i was ready to engage in the battlefield known as the Premiership,

First Game of the new Campaign was at Home to highly rated Aston Villa.

The Game was only going 1 way for most of the match. with Saunders heading in just before Half Time,

The Second half livened up a bit for Portsmouth, and when Mendoza was tugged dwon in the box my Blake, Saunders converted from the Spot.

Portsmouth 0 - 2 Aston Villa

Stadiium of Light was the next Venue,

Portsmouth's players were not communicating and letting easy passes get intercepted, which cost us 2 goals in first half an hour, we were 2-0 down at half time,

Again Second half livened up With Harris scoring a great Volly not long after Half Time.

Sunderland managed to score another making it 3-1. Then on 90mins Gary Jackson double salvo managed to get us a point, an amazing effort my Jackson.

FT Sunderland 3 - 3 Portsmouth

Crystal Palace were the Visitors to Fratton Park next,

A much better performance by the boys in blue, Cerci back to his usual self scoring 3, This is what i wanted to see more off from the lads,

FT Pompey 3 - 0 Crystal Palace

Next Up were Man Yoo.

another hammering expected, and thats what I got, completely ripped apart by Man Utd, 4-0 was the Final Score.

Last Game of the session was against struggling Burnley, we played superbly well in this game, even though Burnley were down to 10 just after half time. Goals From Cerci, Marinho & Kinnersley gave Pompey the 3 points.

FT Portsmouth 4 - 0 Burnley.

A good overall session, already played the top 2 from last year, next up have my 1st round Uefa Cup match against somne Serbian & Montenegro team, also face Joey's Notts' Forrest the following Saturday.

[/b]Team round up[/b]

After last seasons very good performance in the first division in there first season up it was time to take a look at what players helped my team achieve this. Also a look at some of my players that i have signed for the new season.

With plymouth finishing 4th in division one and getting knocked out of the playoff's in the semi's i thought it was an overall decent season. The dream for me was to improve upon that in this season to come and in order to do that i had to invest in some new players for my talented squad. The players that i have brought in for the new season are:

Joao Sergio

Joao sergio was brought from portuguese high flyers porto he cost 475k the most that i have spent in quite some time on a new player. After some scouting around myself i managed to find this young skilled right sided D/DM. I expect good things from this 24 year old portuguese star as he will fit in nicely in the back 5.

Moses Ashikodi

After phil's bristol city decided that they didnt need him anymore and let his contract run out. I managed to snap him up on the free market after i already knew he could score quite a few goals and would work well in rotation. Nothing more than a sub really though thats all he was brought for. May get a couple full games though to see how he does in them.

Michael Kerr

With loads of keepers at plymouth whether they are in the first team or the reserves the goalkeeping position is a very hard one to fight for as there are loads wanting it. This keeper though has already played in the first games of the season and only conceeded 4 out of 8 games so far so he is playing very well. At only being 20 years old also its a bonus but with a new super keeper discovered in my reserves he may get first team very soon.

They are the only new signings made so far this season a couple more may be made but at the moment just these 3 signings will do and they have already fitted in nicely. Now to take a look at some of the players that were in the squad last season to see how they will fair up this season for there 2nd season in division one.

Eddie Johnson

A great striker last season for the pilgrims although a little old i reckon he has another season in him to link up with simon cook and supply the goods once again. Was rotated a little last season though due to a couple of poor performances so that may go against him.

Simon Cook

Last season prolific goal scoring machine set division one alight by scoring 40 goals in 35 games. Expect a lot from this middle aged striker this season as he sets out to beat his goals he scored last season. Also got player of the year last season and is the highest valued player in my squad currently.

Marco Aurelio

Being only 16 years of age marco is the baby of the first team squad. A great right back who has proved to fit in nicely getting a minimum of a 7 rating each game. I expect marco to strengthen the back 5 this season as i have high hopes for him in a few seasons he could be worth loads.

Sergio Agostinho

Another portuguese defender that was snapped up last season by me. Has impressed me most games but does fall back sometimes and have a poor game. Very useful though as he can play in numerous defensive positions.

Yassir Bashir

The oldest player still playing in my first team at 32 and still playing quality football. Described as the player that makes it all happen by other team mates bashir is one of the main players of the team as he makes everything work around him. A strong player and often scores a goal or two.

Danny Hayes

Although when i first signed danny hayes from blackburn last season and he scored an own goal in one of the first games he played in he has improved a lot now playing probably the best football so far of his young career. Maybe even score a couple in the right net this season who knows.

Ian Armstrong

A great midfielder that scored a lot of goals last season so therefore that has earnt him another first team slot. Usually plays well and never really has a bad game very good midfielder.

Mark Marshall

The left midfielder that last season had a few injury problems but soon recovered and was playing top quality football again. A good midfielder that sets up quite a few goals a vital player of the team.

Obviously this aint my whole team just the players that i thought stood out a fair bit last season. I missed putting my old keeper in also as last season he played superbly keeping a lot of shots out and even winning us a few games by keeping a clean sheet.

My reserve squad is also looking very good and some of them may need to be promoted soon because they are really good. A great left sided striker, right sided striker and a superb goalkeeper i have discovered so far in my reserves.

Anyway session reports to come later this week after the sessions have gone ahead

My PC is definately being taken in this Tuesday so will probably miss Wednesday's session aswell.

Will be back nice & fast for the following Monday icon_smile.gif

Alright that is cool jimmy back to work then i take it you poor sod icon_frown.gif. Ant2 is now out of the clan due to him going on holiday all last week and only just managing to tell me. Also he has uni exams coming up also so i will search for his replacement

Plymouth sitting nicely on top of division one as they show the rest who's boss

After the good but not good enough last season just missing out on promotion due to my assistant me and my plymouth side were looking to improve upon it in everyway. With my assistant also starting my side off this season it was time for me to return and find my side in an average 10th place in the division.

Straight after the first game in last nights session things started to look very good as we dominated nearly every game we played and even won 8-1 in one of them.

A new what i call "young super keeper" was found in my reserves and i decided to give him a game. Luckily he played real well in that game and the games after so i decided to keep him in the first team as he was just too good to take out.

Also with simon cook on track for another high scoring season and eddie johnson on equal goals with him the strike partnership was still intact and looking very good.

With goals coming from every area of my side i was loving every moment from it but would my side be able to hold the top spot all the way until the end of the season or would it all go terribly wrong? too be honest i dont know anyway here is how the results went in yesterday's session.

Plymouth 3-2 Lincoln League cup 2nd round

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (2), Moses Ashikodi

A not so great start to an amazing session. We only just managed to get the win by a late goal in extra time by substitute moses ashikodi which marked his first appearance for the club. A rather one sided game really as my side dominated just 2 late goals from lincoln on the 84th and 85th minute took this into extra time just lucky we won as i was in doubt.

Plymouth 4-0 Chesterfield

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (2), Simon Cook, Ian Armstrong

A great win for first league game of the session. A full team effort with the midfield playing there part. Eddie johnson also hitting another 2 again.

Reading 1-4 Plymouth

Scorers: Ian Armstrong, David Thompson, Simon Cook, Eddie Johnson

Another great all round team effort this was as we dominated another game. David thompson rounding off an excellent display with a goal from a corner.

Plymouth 3-1 Chelsea

Scorers: Simon Cook, Yassir Bashir, Ian Armstrong

A good performance against a high flying chelsea side in division one. It was very close at one point in the game but we soon pulled away with the victory that we wanted and deserved.

Plymouth 8-1 Torquay

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (4), Ian Armstrong, Simon Cook (2), Mark Marshall

A goal bonanza this was totally. Was 5-0 up at half time so knew it was going to be a high scoring game from then on. Torquay were left with no chance of revival as we easily brushed them aside.

Stoke 2-6 Plymouth

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (3), Simon Cook (3)

Another great away victory with both the strikers sharing the goals both getting hat tricks. Stoke put up a bit of a fight but not much.

Plymouth 3-0 Crewe

Scorers: Simon Cook (2), Eddie Johnson

Another clean sheet for the superstar goalkeeper and again both strikers scoring all the goals. This was a well worked victory and my side deserve the applause.

Plymouth 4-1 Aston Villa League Cup 3rd round

Scorers: Eddie Johnson, Simon Cook (2), Joao Sergio

Win of the season this was as we faced hard premiership opposition aston villa in the league cup. This was our first taste of what the premiership is like in years so we needed to make the most of it. We battered them even though the game was suprisingly close for about 70 minutes. Just the last 20 minutes my team stepped up to another level and hit a couple more goals to make the win feel better.

Northwich Victoria 2-4 Plymouth

Scorers: Simon Cook, Eddie Johnson (2), Ian Armstrong

A great game this was and northwich proved to be hard opposition only just losing out to my side by lack of creativity and accuracy.

Plymouth 3-0 Sheff Utd

Scorers: Ian Armstrong (2), Eddie Johnson

3rd clean sheet of the session which was very good. We seen no threat from sheff utd as they didnt attack that much and it didnt seem that there was another team playing really.

Rotherham 3-4 Plymouth

Scorers: Simon Cook (3), Eddie Johnson

Last game of the session and as usual its a tight score. First game my keeper has conceeded 3 in this was as we struggled to keep our lead. Luckily we did and just managed to win this hard game

With tonights session to come im hoping that we can stretch our winning streak even further as currently it is on a remarkable 11 wins in a row. If we can then be sure to see my plymouth side in the premiership come next season and hopefully staying in it. For now thats it will report after tonights session has gone ahead

badge-rushden.jpg

Diamonds part company with Madhavikia

Just 6 months into the job, Championship outfit Rushden & Diamonds announced that Madhavikia’s contract had been terminated with immediate effect, and rookie manager Dan Bryant would be replacing the Iranian.

It had been claimed just a month before that there was particular unrest within the dressing room, and the Diamonds mediocre performances may have been a result of it. Supporters had been angry at the dismissal of Marc Wilmots in the summer after taking them to the Premiership for the first time in the clubs history as well as Carling Cup glory.

Replacement Dan Bryant was for many a surprise selection for the job. Bookies had predicted Assistant manager SteveMcManaman to step up and fill the void but Diamonds chairman M. Griggs opted for the inexperienced potential of Bryant. Bryant has worked in the Championship for 2 years for hometown club West Ham United as a youth coach, and before that enjoyed a long stint at lower league club Ford United, taking them up two divisions. Bryant now has the daunting task of plying his trade as a manager of a Championship side, a world away from the lower leagues and Bryant faces a tough challenge with expectant fans and an ambitious board, as well reducing the wage bill.

Bradford City (a) ~ 2-2

Scorers: Barbosa, Uche

Bryants first game in charge of Rushden couldn’t have started much worse. A sudden counter attack from Bradford saw the home side take the lead early on. Portugese signing Helder Barbosa evened the score before half time as Rushden began to dominate yet fell behind again due to another Bradford counter. Captain Uche equalized again on the hour mark but Rushden will come away from the game feeling they perhaps should have taken all 3 points. A solid start for new manager Dan Bryant

Stockport County (h) ~ 2-0

Scorers: Bell, Vassell

A comfortable victory for the home side in Bryants first game in charge at Nene park. Bell struck just before half time to give Rushden the lead while veteran Darius Vassell added a second to give Rushden all 3 points against a surprisingly undisciplined Stockport side. Helder Barbosa though will be out for 2 months after tearing his groin muscle.

Bryant signs U-21 international Lee

Dan Bryant unveiled his first signing earlier today, 24 year old midfielder Tim Lee from Manchester city for a fee of whats thought to be around a quarter of a million. Bryant had this to say:

â€â€¦Its tough trying to bring in good quality players as we cant offer as much as the Chelseas and Blackburns of this division but I feel that we have a quality youngster here at an excellent price and I hope to bring in a couple more new faces in the near future…â€

Its thought that Bryant wants to bring in two new strikers as soon as possible with his current pairing not faring too well.

Chesterfield (a) ~ 0-1

Scorers: None

A disappointing defeat for Rushden in a game that could easily have gone either way. Rushden came very close when Vassells heading came crashing back off the bar and eventually, paid the price for not taking their chances.

Carling Cup Round 4 (a) ~ Birmingham 0-3

A miserable night for the Rushden fans as they watched Wayne Rooney tear their defence to shreds. As the dreams of bringing back the cup fade, Bryant will now be looking to put the defeat behind him and focus entirely on the league. Meanwhile goalkeeper Allan McGregor was sold to QPR in a move to slash the wage bill to bring new players in.

Plymouth (h) ~ 1-1

Scorers: Brandy

The league leaders were the visitors to Nene park and were held to a 1-1 draw by the Diamonds. Rushden took an early lead thanks to Fabien Brandy but were pegged back 6 minutes later by Plymouth. Both sides had chances to win the game but both managers agreed a draw was a fair result

Reading (a) ~ 0-3

Another defeat for Rushden in a game in which the scoreline flattered the opponents. Once again failing to take their chances and payin for having a leaky defence. Rushden definitely need to improve.

Torquay (h) ~ 2-1

Scorers: Lee, Vassell

Back to winning ways for Rushden as new signing Tim Lee had a superb game, opening the scoring on just 5 minutes. Vassell added before the break, increasing the lead. Chris Lee in only his 3rd start this season pulled off a superb penalty save in the second half but couldn’t stop torquay pulling one back before the end.

***Young Goalkeeper James Hamilton has also just signed from Watford for a fee of 170k***

Crewe (a) ~ 1-2

<I>Scorers: Morrison</I>

The miserable away form continued as Crewe managed to beat the visitors without scoring. Own goals from Morrision and gk Bell won the game for crewe leaving Bryant wondering how unlucky he could get

Northwich Vics (h) ~ 0-2

Another frustrating defeat for Bryants team. Bryant is said to be desperately trying to bring in new faces but is too restricted by the wage limits. Not outclassed on the day but again struggling to score goals. Bryant questioned many players motives after the game, claiming too many are willing to sit in the reserves and collect an easy payday

FA Cup 3rd Round - Coventry City (h) ~ 1-1

Scorers: Dominguez

Yet another mediocre performance, as Bryant still struggles to find a good strike partnership while having to switch around the team due to injuries. Dominguez gave the home side the lead but Coventry forced the replay with 7 mins left

Stoke (a) ~ 2-2

Scorers: Brandy(2)

A point and Rushden somewhat lucky to get it. Two early goals from each team set the pace of the game, Stoke pounding at the Rushden goal but a good counter attack saw Rushden take a 2-1 lead, only to be pegged back straight away. Stoke left rueing missed chances but Bryants side will be happy with a point

Cale Ends United Reign

After retaining the Premiership Crown for the Third Year running and also winning the Champions league for the Third Year running, manager James Cale has left the Old Trafford hotseat to take up his new position as Manager of his hometown, Cardiff City.

What made you leave the glory of Man United and take over a team that didnt win a single Premiership match last season culminating in relegation??

I cant say it wasnt difficult to leave United, when i arrived they were a bunch of has-beens, no money to spend and some ridculous wages. I turned that all around after 2 seasons, and after 3 years of dominance i felt the time was right to challenge myself once more. The youth players coming through at United were the best i have seen, coupled with the fact that our first team were all under 25 meant i couldnt see any challengers coming close for many years.

What are your expectations for Cardiff?

Firstly i want to sort out the backroom staff, adding some of my team and getting to know existing staff. Then its a case of assessing the squad of players, only then can i have expectations for this season. But my main aim is to get back to the Premiership within 2 seasons.

Will any Man Utd players follow you down a Division??

Cant see it really, unless on loan. I would love for a couple of players to join, maybe in next couple of seasons if we get promotion that idea may become reality.

Anyone caught your eye yet at Cardiff??

Yes quite a few players look impressive, but peformance on the pitch is the main thing and the current crop of guys didnt win a league game last year so maybe its time to bring in some fresh faces.

Finally - Who do you think will win the Premiership Title this year? Will Man Utd retain it for a fourth year without you? or will the title go to a new challenger??

The squad at United is the best side i have seen at any club in the world for the last 10 seasons. So for me they would have to majorly underachieve to not win the title. Having said that i expect Bristol City, Newcastle and even possibly Nottm Forest to push them all the way this year.

Thank You for your time and good luck with the new season

My pleasure

badge-rushden.jpg

Sheffield United (a) ~ 0-0

An interesting game in prospect as Rushden manager Bryant got to see transfer target Eddie Ryan perform against his Rushden side but the game saw no goals from either team but yet another injury worry for Rushden as Dominguez limped off.

Rushden complete signing of Celtic starlet

What with the pending departure of Alejandro Dominguez and Darius Vassell not thought to be receiving a contract extension, manager Dan Bryant has made his 3rd signing of the campaign by landing 20 year old Scottish striker Stuart Douglas for a fee of £1.7million. Douglas seeking a move in search of first team football and was successfully tempted to Rushden where he will go straight into the team for Wednesday night’s FA Cup replay

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay Coventry (a) ~ 3-1

Scorers: Douglas (3)

A great performance for new signing Stuart Douglas on his debut, putting 3 past Coventry and taking the match ball home in his first appearance in the white strip of Rushden and Diamonds. With performances like that, Douglas is already becoming a fan favourite.

Rotherham (h) ~ 3-1

Scorers: Duffy, Douglas, Brandy

Despite an early setback of conceding after 2 minutes, Rushden kept calm and outplayed Rotherham for a fine victory. Duffy heading home to equalise before the visitors were reduced to 10 men, allowing the Diamonds to take the lead through Stuart Douglas and extend it with Fabien Brandy

FA Cup 4th Round – Dover Athletic (h) ~ 2-0

Scorers: Vassell (2)

An accomplished performance from the team looking to put a run together. Stand in captain Darius Vassell had a superb game netting twice to see the Championship outfit through to the 5th round

Leeds United (a) ~ 0-2

Another poor away performance in which the home side took their chances and too all 3 points

West Ham United (h) ~ 4-1

Scorers: Brandy (2), Douglas (2)

A great win for the home side as Rushden now look to mount a playoff challenge and try to bridge that 8 point gap between 8th and 7th. Brandy grabbed a brace in the first half then Douglas grabbed one himself to create a 4-0 lead. A consolation for West Ham came in the 88th minute but meant little.

Cambridge (a) ~ 3-1

Scorers: Brandy (3)

A superb performance away from home beating playoff hopefuls Cambridge. A hat trick from the on form Brandy for a Rushden side missing Stuart Douglas up front and having Tim Lee sent off after the break. Despite this, Brandy completed his hat trick with Rushden down to 10 men sealing victory.

FA Cup 5th Round – Watford (h) ~ 3-1

Scorers: Douglas, Brandy (2)

More goals from Brandy and another Rushden player sent off in a game similar to the trip to Cambridge. Douglas gave Rushden a deserved lead only for Watford to take advantage of poor defending to net an equaliser. Stand in left back Lawrence saw red shortly after but 2 goals in the last 10 minutes from Brandy ensured that Rushden marched on into Round 6

Coventry (a) ~ 6-0

Scorers: Douglas(3), Brandy (2), Barbosa

And the Diamonds march on with a terrific victory away from home. Just 35 seconds in Douglas opend the scoring and added a second on the half hour. Brandy grabbed two in 1st half stoppage time, the superb Barbosa added a 5th then Douglas followed up his own penalty miss to make it 6. James Hamilton will also have been pleased to keep a clean sheet on his debut as Rushden continued their playoff charge.

Unfortunately, my playoff charge ends here as i'll miss end of season. I'll be back in time for the new season though

forrest exceed expectations ands find them self 2nd

portsmouth 2-1 beat ants assitant quite comfortably score flatterd him really

arsenal 0-3 a trip to highbury saw forrest 1st defeat since the first game of the season and to be honest forrest deserved much more but the better finishing from the arsenal settled the score.

aston villa 7-1 absolutely out played ants old side and my old side with the old boy osskarsson netting 3 aswell as elliot

sunderland 2-1 petr cech in goal for sunderland played an absolute stormer and got a 10 and man of the match forrest just cudnt get the 2nd goal and sunderland equalized but then a 90th minute winner.

palace 2-0 and osskarsson double put nottingham forrest top with 10 games gone, even though man united had games in hand, what a start.

burnley 3-1 won this game comfortably carrying on the good form.

brentford 3-0 out played brentford a great month for forrest which foun dme with manager of the month and forrest top of the league

southampton 1-2 disappoiting result even though a good performance a set back for high flying forrest

tottenham 3-3 went 3-0 up against new member bens side but he manages to fight back in the last minute very annoying

birmingham 2-0 another osskarsson gave forrest a much needed win after 2 disapoointing games

forrest have strengthened there squad in the january transfer window and signed 2 more strikers because they only had 2 in squad david foley for 2m from ac milan and andy gray from man utd for 900k.

newcastle 1-2 lost 2 wiggys side very unluckily a top of the table clash and i score an own goal and the ref gives them a dubious penalty newcastle rob top spot

charlton 2-0 osskarsson and guthrie on target even though i had 3 disallowed goals, thought it was gonna be 1 of those games but then out of favour danny guthrie scored

man city 0-0 tim howard in goal for man city got a 10 and man of the match and deservedly so another set back for forrest.

bristol 1-1 phils assitant vs my assitant in this one and shared the points

wba 2-1 a 90th minute winner againt aidas old side even though i deserved the win

middelsboro 4-2 a shaw hat trick mainly the reason for me winning even though two of them goals were penalties

fa arsenal 2-3 90th minute winner from arsenal

liverpool 0-3 score flatters liverpool but the still deserved the win my fans left early forrest didnt even turn up

portsmouth 0-1 all over portsmouth then a late cerci winner really brakes the dreams of the premiership title for forrest surely to far behind now

arsenal 2-2 2-0 up but 2 late goals for arsenal gave them a draw which left forrest with no wins in 4 games

overall a very successful season for forrest so far, as they were only expected to stay up in the premiership they find them self 2nd with around 15 games 2 go and miles over the 40 point target. my main targets for this season now is to secure champions league football because man united have roughly bout a 10 point lead which is catchable but i dont think i quite have the side to win the title yet. maybe next year.

Tuesday 17th session

After last sessions unbeaten run we hoped to keep it going this session although it wasnt to be easy. Another pretty decent session seen us get far in both cup competitions both the fa and the league cup and keep our 1st place spot in the 1st division.

Things were finally looking up for my side and with the hope of signing a wycombe wanderers youngster and another youngster from dortmund who looks very impressive my team will be even stronger hopefully next season for the premiership although things could still go wrong.

This session all started off against stevey's (at the time) leeds side. A sacking was later to come for him in this session as the leed's board decided that they just didnt want him anymore.

The final result ended 6-0 even though the game itself started off a little slow and only picked up in the 2nd half where most of the goals were scored.

Simon cook started off the session in great style by getting a hat trick. The substitution at half time proved very well as eddie johnson had a shocker of a game so came off for moses ashikodi.

Moses ashikodi managed to score 2 goals and give my team the lift that they needed. The final goal game from a player that had never scored before this game. Right back brazilian youngster Marco Aurelio grabbed his first goal for the club since joining me from middlesbrough.

Next game was against west ham and boy was it a very close game. Well in the first half it was. Things picked up in the second half and the final score was 3-2 to my side. Simon cook getting 2 goals and eddie johnson scoring the 3rd.

A top of the table clash now as my team took on 2nd placed side at the time cambridge. We dominated and made them look like a mid table side. The final score ended 5-2 to my team with armstrong, simon cook, joao sergio scoring and eddie johnson this time scoring the 2.

Next game seen our opposition hull go down to 10 and my side taking advantage of that and winning 4-2. Ian armstrong scoring another, Eddie johnson scoring then simon cook grabbing 2 90 minute goals which was a litle strange.

A game against new rushden manager dan bryant was next and it was a very close game which could of gone either way. The score ended 1-1 with both sides having even amount of attempts on each others goal. Just with both keepers of great form it was hard for any of us to score more than the 1 that we both did.

From playing one human manager to playing another this time it was jimmy's high flying cardiff. This was probably game of the season as there was so much action in it. As the game kicked off jimmy's cardiff took the lead we then managed to come back after his cardiff took the lead again. The final score was 4-4 in a spectacular game with the usuals scoring simon cook, ian armstrong and eddie johnson.

The league cup quarter final was next and it was against ipswich we just managed to get through it by winning 2-1 in a close game.

Back to the league and our next opposition was coventry away. We won 4-1 with the strike duo splitting the goals between them.

The sesh then ended with 2 draws first one against millwall 3-3 with youth striker mike thompson getting his first goal and the last game ended 0-0 against barnsley in the fa cup 3rd round which earned us a replay.

So there it was still in 1st position in division one and all the cups to play for shame we went out of them in the next session. Its looking a good season for the pilgrims and if they can keep this first spot be sure to see them make a decent assault on the premiership next season.

Wednesday session report to follow.........

Wednesday 18th august session

Still unbeaten in quite a few games Lee Owens' plymouth management career was blooming and everything was looking good for once. Top of division one by a fair few points i was looking to extend the gap this session.

It all started off rather quiet as we drew 0-0 with grimsby not the most rivating of games i must admit and we should of got a win just didnt happen.

Next game picked up as we scored 5 goals against a weak barnsley side in the fa cup 3rd round replay. With simon cook getting injured midway in the game tony williams came on and contributed to the goals by scoring one. The others were scored by eddie johnson and Ian Armstrong.

A clean sheet next for the goalkeeper as we beat walsall away 2-0 in a nice cleanly played game. Not many chances from both teams really just glad my team took advantage of the chances that they did get.

Next came one of the most important games in my history as plymouth manager so far as it was the league cup semi final first leg and our opponents were premiership side birmingham. We should of won this first leg but was held to a 1-1 draw as they scored on the 90th minute.

From the league cup to the fa cup now as we had leyton orient we breezed past the 4th round into the 5th as we beat them 5-0 with a different strike partnership scoring moses ashikodi got 2 and tony williams getting a hat trick.

Next a total domination from my boys as we beat aida's sheffield wednesday 6-0 and could of been a lot more. Fair play to aida's side doing well in the first half but when the 2nd half came aida's team just got worse. 2 penalties adding to the 6 goals and one missed to top that off a goal was disallowed also by simon cook. The game before this must of gave my team a big lift as my side was certainly on top form in this game.

Now the first loss in a remarkable 28 games came as my side just wasnt good enough to beat bradford away. They even nearly outplayed us which doesnt happen that much a sad day this was for all the fans.

Second leg of the league cup semi's now and my side was fully geared up for this one it even went into extra time just a shame we lost 2-1 due to a goal from birmingham in the 1st half of extra time. There were chances from my side after that but not scoring opportunities. Getting to the semi's of the league cup pleased me fully anyway as we hadnt ever got this far before. Maybe next season we could even get into the final.

Now back to league the main competition that we had to concentrate on doing well in we won 3-1 against a below average stockport side nearing relegation with mike thompson scoring 2 goals.

The fa cup now and we crashed out of it also losing 2-1 to wimbledon away. A little bit of an unlucky result but same as the league cup i didnt expect my side to even get this far.

Last game of this session and it was against reading another clean sheet as we beat them 2-0 to end an emotional session but still pretty decent one overall.

With only around 15 games left to play can plymouth keep the all important 1st position in division one and get promotion??? we will see in my next reports what happens for now thats all........

FORREST CUT THE GAP ON UNITED!

even though monday 23rd sesh wasnt amazing for briigs and forrest it was alot better than man united sesh.

Aston Villa 2-1 played my old side villa off there own back yard both goals coming from the iclandic legend orri feyr oskarsson, a much needed forrest win after a run of 4 games with no win.

Man United 1-3 man united proving to forrest why they are still the champions foley got his 1st goal for the club but wasnt enough at old trafford forrest 10 points begind man united at this stage.

sunderland 2-0 foley and osskarsson on the score sheat as forrest get theyre deserved victory

Crystal Palace 1-1 foley scorin to put forrest 1-0 up and stand in right back and penalty taker paul seniour misses the chance to bury the game in the 83rd minute, then in the last minute palace score a last gasp equalizer.

Man United 2-1 man united again for forrest and because united have slipped up recently a win here would bring forrest right back in to the title race and a win they got from an osskarsson double in the last minute the winner came, the luck was on forrest side this time.

burnley 4-0 2nd v bottom on this 1 and foleys first hat trick for the club

brentford 3-1 guthrie osskarsson and foley all on target in the 1st half

derby 2-1 went 1-0 down in 1st half and looked to be heading for defeat but to goals from foley and osskarsson got forrest all 3 points

after yesterdays session forrest found them selves 2nd 3 points behind united and 4 points ahead of 3rd which put them strate back in to the race also they have a better goal difference than man united which could go in there favour.

*Latest News*

My team has gained promotion from the premiership and if the next few games are won my side will claim the divison one title. More to follow about how my team has done this season and what the hopes are for next season after the sessions this week.

Lots of ups and downs since my last post. Have had lots of football on so missed a couple of sessions.

Currently sitting in 4th Place in the League, Semi Finals of Champions League, and Final of FA Cup so it's not all doom and gloom. Obviously the main player this year has been McGregor, valued at 9.25 Million currently, and getting an England Call Up has done much to make him one of the best midfielders in the Country. An average rating of 7.87 from 53 appearances shows his undoubted class. Braathen, Ward, Stevens and Esposito also doing well.

More sucess for the pilgrims as manager Lee Owens really proves just how valuable he is to them

So season number 13 ended and plymouth sat firmly on top of the first division on 104 points. A great season for both Lee Owens and Plymouth.

Although my side still went out of the cups and didnt really win anything else except the division one title that was still enough to keep both me and the fans happy.

Finishing the season unbeaten in 9 is also good as we go into the new season all on superb morale looking forward to what lies ahead......The Premiership.

The aim for the coming season is obviously to do well in the premiership but we dont want to aim too high and start to get cocky. A mid table position would do me nicely and if my lads could get that it would be great. Anything else is just a bonus.

With the small squad of young talent i already got in my plymouth side im looking to expand it and bring in even more talented stars that will hopefully play vitals parts in my team.

More reports to come like another squad report showing all of the players that performed well this season in my squad and the few that didnt. Also final set of results to come and first set of results to come from the new season after tommorow session. Until then thats all for now

ex leeds boss sued

slander by the failed ex leeds boss has led to court actions being taken by the yorkshire club.

a spokesman for leeds said although it was appreciated what mr toner had achieved at leeds, it was apparent that his drug problem was resulting in poor performances from the team. the present comment by mr toner are very sad as it is obvious that with west ham being unable to pay his wages that he cant afford any weed.

court action to correvt the mind altering powers of the drugs so willfully abused by mr toner is the only option for leeds

Rushden Manager in near-fatal accident

New Rushden boss Dan Bryant was rushed to hospital earlier after being involved in a car crash on a motorway. In a freak accident, Bryant's car had swerved to avoid a stray cow on the road and had careered off the tarmac and into a ditch.

Bryants injuries arent said to be too serious but is certain to miss the rest of Rushdens season. Assistant Steve McManaman will take over until Bryant is fit to return. This obviously will be a huge blow for Rushdens's playoff hopes and the fans are hoping that Rushden can continue their form and that Bryant returns as soon as possible

Plymouth start off their new season in their new division fairly confident

With the new season just around the corner Lee Owens knew exactly what he needed to do.

That was to strengthen his side in positions thats its weak in.

I managed to get some new players to come in for the seaason with a borussia dortmund young superstar being the top transfer.

I also managed to get a few other players including a pretty decent centre back on a free and spent a fair amount of cash on a young norweigan who looks promising.

With mike thompson going on loan to stevey's west ham and starting off his season their very well it was the usual strike force to be played in my side this season.

The first game up in our new division was against arsenal away. We drew 3-3 even though we went down to 10 men half way through the gamee which from my eyes was a magnificant result.

Then came our first home game of the season and our first win as we beat man city 3-2 with ronny lien the new norweigan signing scoring his first for my club.

Then came the game everyone feared against man utd. We lost this one but still managed to score 1 goal to make the final score 3-1 to them.

Another game next where we went down to 10 men against birmingham and it was the same player getting sent off. We lost 3-2 here and was very unlucky.

Aston villa next and they started very strong going 2 up but we managed to come back and get 2 goals to earn my side a point.

Next the best result so far since entering the premiership as we seen off opponents newcastle by kicking their ass 4-0. First clean sheet of the season for the keeper.

League cup was next and it was against kidderminster. Although they gave me an early scare by going 1 up we managed to get our act together and go on to win this game in the end 3-1

After the 2 wins in a row we fell to another defeat against sunderland 4-1. We did however actually play much better than them and this result was not deserved. More attempts on goal just my keeper let my side down.

Last game of the session and it was against charlton. We got another point out of this as we

managed to get a 2-2 draw against them in an evenly played game.

The season outlook so far is looking very good as we sit in 13th place i think. But with the assistant taking over in tonights session i hope it dont all go wrong and find myself in relegation when i come back.

All i expect this season is to stay up no matter where i finish as long as it aint relegation i will be very happy. For now thats it more reports to follow

badge-rushden.jpg

Bryant set to return to Rushden post

Some 7 months after a horrific car crash, Rushden and Diamonds FC announced to day that Dan Bryant would be back in charge of the team in time for the Everton game. Rushden had gone on to reach the semi finals of the playoffs and the FA Cup after a mid season revival from new manager Dan Bryant, taking them back up into the playoffs spots before becoming involved in a motorway crash.

Now once again the season is not long underway and Bryant will be hoping take Rushden back up to the higher end of the table and push for promotion.

Everton (h) ~ 3-0

Scorers: Barbosa, Lee, Douglas

Revitalised, Rushden came out all guns blazing taking an early lead and never looking back. Taking early chances, Rushden found themselves 2-0 up early on and Stuart Douglas continued to play well under Dan Bryant adding a 3rd. An encouraging victory for the Diamonds

Barnsley (a) ~ 1-1

Scorers: Kelly

A disappointing draw away to the tykes and Rushden will have felt they maybe deserved more from the game but Bryant will be more concerned at seeing two more players limp off with injuries.

Rushden capture United Youngster

Rushden today won the race to sign Simon McKenzie from Manchester United for a fee of 1.1million. McKenzie was also thought to be sought after by Portsmouth and Millwall. During a recent speight of injuries this is a much needed signing for the Championship outfit

Coventry (h) ~ 0-0

A draw again for Rushden in a game which they dominated yet couldn’t find the back of the net.

Bradford City (h) ~ 1-1

Scorers: Bullock

Yet another draw and yet another game that Rushden should have won. Bradford had just one shot on goal and took their chance while Rushden could only manage one goal. It looks like it’ll be another long season at Nene park

Preston (a) ~ 1-1

Scorers: Eastwood.

And another draw and another game that Rushden dominated. Frustration is beginning to set in as the strikers still fail to find their form

Sheff Weds (a) ~ 0-1

Maybe deserved a point but the poor form continues as Bryant again struggles to bring in players on a tight budget

Burnley (h) ~ 1-0

A fine victory over the league leaders delighted the fans at Nene park, Rushden pressure paid off as bullock netted before half time and the home side held on for victory. Maybe this will see a change in fortunes for Bryants men

Walsall (a) ~ 2-1

Scorers: Pope, Douglas

New signing from Everton Andy Pope went straight into the first team in the absense of Scott Bullock for this game, picked up from Everton for just 300k, everton not wanting to renew his contract.

Pope immediately endeared himself to the Rushden fans by looking lively then opening the scoring after 23 minutes. Rushden came under heavy pressure and the hosts equalized an hour into the game but Douglas pounced on a rebound in the 80th minutes to secure the win for Rushden

Sheff Utd (h) ~ 1-0

Scorers: Thorpe (pen)

A jinking run midway through the first half from Andy Pope earned the home side a penalty and reduced United to 10 men, the penalty converted by Thorpe enough for the win as Rushden continue their ascent into the upper echelons of the Championship

Northwich Vics (a) ~ 0-2

The away side would probably have taken a lot more from the game had it not been for an inspiring performance from the Northwich goalkeeper. In the end, the home team took their chances and were rewarded for it

Grimsby (h) ~ 2-1

Scorers: Power, Douglas

Rushden kept up their good home form with a 2-1 victory, though were given a scare when Grimsby equalized with their first shot on 79 mins. Douglas head home 4 minutes later to restore the lead and hand Rushden 3 points

Last Season Summary

Due to time constraints its been a while since my last post, and since then times have changed at Cardiff.

When i took over 3 games into Div 1 Cardiff had lost their opening 3 fixtures to go with the winless season last year in the prem. I was determined to turn this around.

Out went high paid older players whom i had no time for. Also on their way out were our star midfielder Richard Kamara for 6m (offer too good to refuse) and also Danny Carr for 4.4m as well. These transfers freed up some much needed money to effectively rebuild the squad, as only Baudin GK, Rowe DC, Bollotta DC and Webb DMC were deemed good enough of the players already at the club.

No fewer than 32 players left the club during last season, with 18 new arrivals replacing them.

There were some squad players bought, mainly for backup and also some youth players as well, but also some great signings aimed to get us straight back up to the Prem. At the beginning of my reign in came players such as King, young DMC from Boro, Wilkie, Experienced AMR from WBA, Craig Parker DL, and David Davies SC both from Man Utd and future stars. Hoffman the DLC arrived from Chelsea, and towards the end of the season we saw the likes of Souza, classy MC, Gcarba, good young DC, and Barton who is a quality young winger. Also key were the loan signings made, Clark at DR from Boro, and Saunders FLC from Boro too.

These players managed some encouraging results for us, and although at times we underperformed by halfway we were clear in 2nd place only 8pts behind lee's high flying Plymouth. Infact we stayed there until 4 games to go. Only 2pts were needed to guarantee automatic promotion. But disaster struck, Davies our prolific striker was inj and so too King, Barton and Souza. We ended up losing the first 3 games and dropped to 4th. A last game of the season win was not enough to climb into 2nd and we were faced with the dreaded playoffs icon_frown.gif

With some suspended/injured players returning after the first leg of the semi final, i was just hoping for a decent result against Cambridge away. My players were inspired and won 4-0 to almost guarantee a final spot. The second leg with basically a first team out was won easily and we progressed to play Chelsea in the playoff final, for a spot back in the premiership.

We started brightly and went 2-0 up, but during the second half Chelsea fought back and it was 2-2. A wonderful last 15mins though saw us dominate and grab a winner to win the match 3-2, Cardiff were back in the Premiership!!

During the end of the season we had snapped up a world class midfielder in Robert Thomas for free, and also picked up several youth players in deals organised at the start of the season. Things were looking up as we looked to do better than Cardiff's last season in the prem.

Cardiff's Barmy Army Back in the Big time!!

After sneaking into the Premiership through the playoffs i was keen not to waste the oppurtunity and look to consolidate our position in the top flight.

During a busy pre-season we managed to sing Neil Turner from Man Utd, a world class DR aged 20 who at 750k is one of my best bargain buys. Also coming in was Matt Saunders, on loan to us last season and this year making a permanent move. Lee a backup GK and May a versatile defender were our other top signings, along with several youth players as well.

With these signings i felt we had a good squad and just needed some quality loan signings to really bolster the squad for the premiership. Once again we raided Old trafford and surprised many by managing to get Peter Martin (one of best DMC's in game) and wonderkid Steve Palmer AM/FC on season long loans. This was the extra class i was looking for and felt we had a squad good enough to stay in the premiership.

Cracking Start for the new boys

22 games into the Premiership, and Cardiff are exceeding ANY expectations given at the start of the season. Cardiff City currently sit 1st, yes 1st! in the Premiership. At the moment we have won 15 drawn 4 and lost 3. A superb season but dare i say it, we havent really suffered an injury crisis yet and the squad is holding up well.

Our results show that on our day we look a great team, and with Gcaba and Turner at the back doing exceptionally well, Wilkie, Barton, Thomas and Sousa controlling the midfield, and Davies, Saunders and Palmer banging in the goals we continue to do well. Long may it continue!!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">1st in English Premier Division

Fixtures

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 20.8.2016 | 15:00 | H | Crystal Palace | Premier Division | | 3 : 1 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Wed, 24.8.2016 | 19:30 | A | Nottm Forest | Premier Division | | 0 : 0 |

| Sat, 27.8.2016 | 15:00 | H | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 3.9.2016 | 15:00 | A | Derby | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

| Sat, 17.9.2016 | 15:00 | H | Portsmouth | Premier Division | | 1 : 3 |

| Sat, 24.9.2016 | 15:00 | A | Tottenham | Premier Division | | 1 : 2 |

| Tue, 27.9.2016 | 19:45 | A | Wolves | League Cup 2nd Rnd | | 2 : 1 |

| Sat, 1.10.2016 | 15:00 | H | Man City | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 8.10.2016 | 15:00 | A | Birmingham | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Sat, 22.10.2016 | 15:00 | H | Newcastle | Premier Division | | 4 : 1 |

| Wed, 2.11.2016 | 19:45 | H | Stoke | League Cup 3rd Rnd | | 3 : 1 |

| Sat, 5.11.2016 | 15:00 | A | Charlton | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sun, 13.11.2016 | 15:00 | H | Bristol City | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 16.11.2016 | 19:30 | A | Plymouth | Premier Division | | 6 : 0 |

| Sat, 19.11.2016 | 15:00 | A | Blackburn | Premier Division | | 4 : 0 |

| Sat, 26.11.2016 | 15:00 | H | Southampton | Premier Division | | 1 : 0 |

| Sat, 3.12.2016 | 15:00 | A | Liverpool | Premier Division | | 0 : 1 |

| Wed, 7.12.2016 | 19:45 | H | Leicester | League Cup 4th Rnd | | 1 : 2 |

| Wed, 14.12.2016 | 19:30 | H | Arsenal | Premier Division | | 5 : 1 |

| Sat, 17.12.2016 | 15:00 | H | Aston Villa | Premier Division | | 2 : 1 |

| Mon, 26.12.2016 | 15:00 | A | Sunderland | Premier Division | | 2 : 0 |

| Wed, 28.12.2016 | 19:30 | A | Crystal Palace | Premier Division | | 3 : 0 |

| Sun, 1.1.2017 | 15:00 | H | Nottm Forest | Premier Division | | 1 : 1 |

| Wed, 4.1.2017 | 19:30 | A | Man Utd | Premier Division | | 4 : 3 |

| Sat, 7.1.2017 | 15:00 | A | Man City | FA Cup 3rd Rnd | | 6 : 0 |

| Sat, 14.1.2017 | 15:00 | A | Middlesbrough | Premier Division | | 3 : 2 |

</pre>

badge-rushden.jpg

Into the winter months and fairly consistent form saw Rushden move up to 7th. The first game of the year was a cup tie with WBA at home, which was drawn 1-1, just 4 days later the two team met again in the league.

West Bromwich Albion (h) ~ 3-0

Scorers: Douglas (3)

West Brom returned to Nene park and we swept aside second time round as Douglas netted 3 times to give Rushden 3 points and bump them up to 5th in the table. Rushden will soon be facing the Birmingham outfit in the FA Cup replay.

Brentford (h) ~ 0-0

Somehow Brentford kept a clean sheet and grabbed a point where their goalkeeper kept them match just about. Rushden hit the bar, the post and forced numerous saves but luck wasn’t with them

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - West Bromwich Albion (a) 0-1

A dismal outing for Rushden as last years semifinalists were dumped out by West brom in the replay. Bryant now will be focusing entirely on getting Rushden up to the Premiership

Cambridge (h) ~ 2-0

Scorers: Bullock, Douglas

Judging by the first half performance, you would have thought this fixture had 0-0 written all over it but Rushden stepped up a gear and Bullock netted on the hour mark, with Douglas securing the points late on. Rushden move up to 6th with a game in hand over 5th placed Cambridge

Chelsea (a) ~ 4-0

Scorers: Bell, Thorpe, Barbosa, McKenzie

A superb victory away from home as Rushden continued their good form, taking apart Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. 2 penalties were converted as Chelsea were at 6’s and 7’s. Rushden climb to 4th but see striker Douglas out for 4 months

Millwall (a) ~ 1-1

Scorers: Pope

Rushden just about held on for a point as they were brought back down to earth by millwall. An undeserved lead was taken after a scrappy goal but a superb performance by James Hamilton in goal kept the away side in the game.

Chesterfield (a) ~ 0-3

A miserable outing as Rushden went down to 10 men, lost 2 players to injury and weren’t even vastly outplayed.

Ipswich (h) ~ 0-1

The visitors took one of their chances and ultimately, rushden suffered by not taking any of theirs.

Everton (a) ~ 3-1

Scorers: Bell, Barbosa, Bullock

A fine victory over an everton side who may feel slightly aggrieved at not taking more from the game. But Rushden were well worth the win and are back up to 6th

Barnsley (h) ~ 1-0

Scorers: Brandy

Barnsley never looked like winning in a dull game at Nene park and in the end it was a comfortable victory for Bryants men who now go up to 4th and could perhaps push for an automatic promotion spot.

Plymouth on the rise after recent displays by them making them look favourites for the drop

As tuesday session came and i found my team in an unexpected 20th position due to my assistant taking over on monday session i knew that i had to do something to get them out of this mess.

Luckily the changes that i made proved to work very well as my side was soon back on form and ending the session in 15th position not far away from 9th.

A good session overall although out of both the cups again we had some very good wins which has made it look like my side can actually stay up this season in the premiership which would be a great achievement.

Im sure the board and fans would be happy if this was to happen and so would I. Just a few weak areas in my team that i feel i may need to add more depth to for next season.

Well here is a round up of another session how we got on in last nights session to be exact.

Plymouth 0 - 1 Liverpool

Well it all started off with a defeat although it wasnt too bad i still would of prefered a win. Not too many chances in this game and both teams were quite evenly matched just liverpool got the better of us.

Plymouth 2 - 1 Tottenham

Scorers: Eddie Johnson, Ian Armstrong

A much better performance from my side in overall terms of quality. Tottenham lacked a little bit of desiration in this game as they failed to create many chances. My side took the lead in the first half then tottenham equalised. But a late 2nd goal secured a great win at home park.

Plymouth 4 - 1 Arsenal

Scorers: Simon Cook (2), Yassir Bashir, Eddie Johnson

A remarkable win this was and an unexpected one. Eddie johnson getting the first goal before he got carried off injured and bashir came onto replace him. Probably the last goal bashir scored for the club this was as he retired a few days after this game due to an injury.

Man City 3 - 6 Plymouth

Scorers: Eddie Johnson (2), Simon Cook (3), Dean Booth

With dean booth the 17 year old looking very good for the future and a few others it looks as if my team are going to be a very good one come the next few seasons. A great win this was first away win of the session with nearly every player having a great game.

Chelsea 2 - 1 Plymouth FA Cup 3rd round

Scorers: Eddie Johnson

The fa cup game finally came and it was against mid table division one side chelsea. We were defenately favourites to win this game but we was put under loads of pressure from chelsea they even got 2 goals disallowed. Even though they went down to 10 men around the 70th minute that still didnt help my side as we lost due to a 90 minute goal. Lets hope the cup runs are better next season.

Plymouth 2 - 2 Man td

Scorers: Eddie Johnson, Simon Cook

A great draw this was against one of the prems strongest sides. We was in front for most of the game leading 2-1 but they scored on the 85th minute to stop a remarkable victory for my side.

Birmingham 3 - 0 Plymouth

Next a total ass whipping this was as we failed to create any chances and our defence wasnt up to its best.

Plymouth 3 - 0 Aston Villa

Scorers: Eddie Johnson, Simon Fleming, Dean Booth

Due to simon cook being injured simon fleming was called into the team to take his place in my sides first clean sheet in ages. A good performance much better than the last one and infact a complete reversal of the last game.

Newcastle 1 - 2 Plymouth

Scorers: David Thompson, Eddie Johnson

Another win for my side in which i really didnt expect to get. Just managed to hold on for the 3 points in this game as newcastle were always having a lot of shots just my keeper playing a magnificant game.

Plymouth 2 - 0 Sunderland

A relegation battle this was as my side and sunderland both from near the relegation zone both had to face each other. My side came off the best and got another clean sheet.

Charlton 3 - 1 Plymouth

Scorers: Eddie Johnson

Another game against a side in relegation with which we could of done winning it rather than losing it. A good game overall for charlton but not for my team.

Plymouth 2 - 1 Crystal Palace

Last game of the session against relegation side crystal palace. A good end to an overall good session but hearing that my assistant will have to take over tonight for half if not more than half of the session worries me a little.

Breaking News!!!

Cardiff City are Premiership champions in their first year back in the premiership.

Fans were obviously delighted at the feat.

Gary 31 from Penarth said "The team were superb our manager did us proud"

Frank, 43 from Splott said "That man Cale is a genius, top drawer manager. Now we will conquer europe!"

Wayne, 19 from Grangetown said "We sh*t on the lot of em, they thought they were all that but we sh*t on all of em"

Kevin, 11 from Whitchurch said "My Mum says the team did well and that manager we have is some hot stuff"

badge-rushden.jpg

The Championship season is entering its final stretch and this is where the form really counts. The race for even the title is wide open as the month of march begins

Coventry (a) ~ 1-0

Its often said the best teams win ugly and this game wasn’t exactly a spectacle but the diamonds worked hard and were rewarded as Bullock netted within the hour. Rushden are now sitting comfortably, if you can sit comfortably in a playoff place but Bryant will be hoping that perhaps Rushden can avoid more playoff heartache this season and go for automatic promotion

Sheffield Wednesday (h) ~ 2-1

Scorers: Bullock (2)

A huge game between two promotion hopefuls and the game looked destined for a draw when Sheffield Wednesday equalized but Rushden turned on the pressure and bullock grabbed a second to secure another 3 points.

Bradford City (a) ~ 3-1

Scorers: Pope, Bullock (2)

Bradford has been somewhat of a bogey team for Rushden manager Dan Bryant and despite going down to 10 men and being a goal down, somehow equalised with 20mins to go. Rushden applied more pressure though and Scott Bullock netted 2 in the last 5 minutes to give Rushden 3 more points keeping them in 5th. The championship race is certainly hotting up

Preston (h) ~ 5-1

Scorers: Barbosa, Pope (2), Lee, Bullock

A superb victory as Rushden’s rich vein of form continued, propelling them up to 4th after a demolishing of preston at home. Rushden are really showing what they are capable of now, even with strikers Douglas and Brandy out, the goals are still coming. Now there is just 1 point between the top 4. Sheff Weds and Ipswich on 72, Leeds and Rushden on 71. Just 6 games left now and its still wide open.

Sheffield United (a) 1~2

Scorers: Thorpe

A tough away game as Rushden found themselves in disbelief at the lack of luck they were getting. With main striker Douglas out for at least another month, Bryant saw both his starting strikers and his sub striker get injured and had to be taken off. After the game Bryant lambasted the Sheffield team for employing dirty tactics to beat his team.

Burnley (a) ~ 1-1

Rushden could only muster a draw in a crunch game with fellow promotion hopefuls Burnley. With Leeds slipping up, Rushden needed to take advantage but a burnley equalizer meant Rushden still lay 2 points off second placed Leeds

Walsall (h) ~ 2-0

Scorers: Brandy, Pope[/b]

A vital win for Rushden at home to an uninspired Walsall side. Goals from Brandy and pope, as well as a Hamilton penalty save ensured a 2-0 victory. Rushden now lie in 3rd, 2 points behind Leeds and 3 behind leaders Sheff weds who slipped up at Millwall.

Northwich Vics (h) ~ 4-1

Scorers: Bullock(2), Pope, Barbosa

In the end a comfortable victory but at one point it looked like it was going to be a frustrating goal. Bullock delighted home fans on 2 minutes with a goal but Northwich equalized against the run of play. Pope restored the lead before the half then barbosa converted a penalty to increase the lead. Bullock added a second to finish the rout

Grimsby (a) ~ 1-0

Scorers: Pope

A nail biting game for Rushden fans with few chances. Barbosa missed a penalty in the first half keeping the score at 0-0, but Andy Pope managed to net giving Rushden the lead. But it looked doomed when Tim Lee gave away a penalty on 85 minutes, but the heroics of James Hamilton preserved Rushdens lead by saving second penalty in 2 games.

At half time a 2-0 lead for Leeds and what was to be a 7-0 win for Sheffield Wednesday meant that automatic playoff hopes looked bleak with one game to go and Rushden 2 points off Leeds with an inferior goal difference. Yet a miraculous turnaround from Torquay meant Leeds lost and Rushden moved up to second with a game to go. An incredible day for Rushden fans.

Bryant take Rushden back up to the Big Time

Stoke (h) ~ 2-0

Scorers: McKenzie, Bullock

A monumental day in Rushdens history. Rushden needed to equal or better Leeds’ result to secure 2nd place. Full back Simon McKenzie sent the Rushden fans into a frenzy in the first half by giving Rushden the lead. Rushden came under some pressure in the second half but Scott Bullock netter Rushdens second to secure the victory. Fans spilled onto the pitch as the players celebrated going up to the big time for just the second time in the clubs history. In exile from the Premiership since 2014, Rushden are now a top flight club once again. Bryant spoke to the press after the match.

…Its amazing, the incredible effort the whole team put in these last few months, we dug in and we did it. Numerous hurdles we’ve had to overcome, lack of funds, injuries, its been tough. Its been very tough and to be really honest, I think that we had to come up this season. Money was tight and I think that we would have lost more players, and I think that would have hit us hard. Resources have been scarce but I mean our support has been tremendous, they’ve stuck with us all season and I think we’ve managed to more than satisfy them. It’s a terrific achievement, few would have us down as title contenders, just another mid table side. But I knew we had a good enough team, we’ve brought in some terrific young players like Simon McKenzie and Andy Pope and we’ve more than done ourselves justice this season…

Back to Basics

After being sacked by Leeds which im putting down to missed sessions icon_wink.gif I decided to take charge of West Ham. The hammers were sitting bottom of the 1st division and things looked bad although I thought I could turn them around. But in my stoned state i didn't realise that they were actually in recievership, doh. So when i had joined and clicked on the finance screen i was a little shocked to find out we were in £8.6 million debt. So with around 12 games to save ourselfs and stay in the first division the mission was on. Some totally crazy decisions by the administrators to sell key players like they were at a car boot sale didnt help but at the end of the day we didn't score goals when it counted and we ended up going down.

So with club debts spiraling out of control and everyone generally hating my guts at the club its good to say we didn't get off on the best foot. The fans were screaming for my sacking and the board were basically just waiting for me to slip up so they could sack me.

So after looking about for other jobs and thinking about jumping ship i finanlly decided to grab the hammers job by the scruff of the neck and sort this club out. We had to get shot of the big names who were claiming £15,000 a week of the club. We managed to recoup a fair amount for most players we offerd out but usually the administrators would accept what ever they could. Our star striker was sold to Marseille for a total transfer fee of six million but we would recieve the transfer in installments over 2 years.

So now basically we had to sit back and hope the club debt would drop as the transfer payments came back in. The administrators were still around and still offering players out but now we had dropped a league the players values had dropped too. We were losing 200k players for around 45k which was hard to watch, but basically it was my job to use what i had and get on with it.

So the new season about to start we had already lost 6 of our first teamers through transfers by the administrators, the board tell me that we should field some youngsters this season and build for next, so i do. bringing players in like Tucker, Morley, Scott Dyer and a right back whos name slips my mind. All these players look cack with the exception of Dyer who has potential but they have done a stirling job. Along with a couple of free signings and the youth players we loaned in Mike Thompson from Lee's Plymouth. If there is a player to watch out for in the future it has to be this kid, he has bags of potential and at a young age has time to be molded into a super player.

So with a first eleven in mind i was set for the season. I had to hope now that we could keep injuries and bans down and hopefully the administrators would go easy on the sales of players. Things couldn't have gone better through out the season. We managed to have a great run of results that seen us go around 12 games without conceding 1 goal and that was our general strong point all season. Teams found it really difficult to break us down and score against us but we always had a threat up front with Mike Thompson and Paulinho our super little Brazilian. All season we only conceaded 20 goals and lost two games so we won the league with about 20 points spare. We also came out off administration and were finanlly able to decide our own transfers. So all in all a good season. The fans all love me now which is nice too.

Well done to Jimmy and Cardiff who has achieved wonders for the club by winning the Premiership in the first season up. Well done to Aida and Sheffield Wed for promotion to the big time and Aida will be joined by Dan who has had a good season with Rushden. Commiserations go out to Si and my old team Leeds who were pipped at the post in the playoff final, looks like i'll get to do one over on you filthbag Leeds heads icon_wink.gif

Well done to everyone else too..Bring on the new season icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

_Back to Basics_

After being sacked by Leeds which im putting down to missed sessions icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> at the drug rehab clinic as part of the aforementioned court case icon_biggrin.gif

'nearly men' tag sits heavy on leeds shoulders

what a season for leeds, it promised so much but delivered so litlle in the end.

after a slow start to the season i finally got the team i wanted,selling and buying lots of talented players and arranging over a dozen youngsters to sign for the west yorkshire giants from as far afield as brazil, thailand, mainland europe and darkest boro and brum icon_smile.gif

with the 16 year old walton leading the line well, the challenge had to be promotion, which even with only 1 win in the first 11 away games (when i was still getting the drug clique out of the club icon_cool.gif) leeds were still in playoff contention.

a great run of form lead to leeds reaching the league final and climbing div 1.

the league cup itself was devastating for leeds, with leeds missing a last minute penalty on the way to a 2-1 defeat by premiership high flyers liverpool, but even worse was to follow.

after climbing into top spot with just 2 games to go with only dans rushden and aidas sheff wed for challengers, leeds went to torquay in full confidence and stormed into a 2-0 lead inside 30 mins, then in a moment of madness lake received a straight red card icon_mad.gif and on 45 mins torquay scored 2 goals to go in all square. damage done and needing to chase the game in view of the other scores leeds chased the game only to run out 3-2 losers and drop to 3rd in the table. icon_frown.gif

the playoffs were hard to take after such a good season, leeds cruised through the playoff semi beating burnley 8-2 on agg before meeting ipswich in the final. leeds record against ipswich was poor with only 2 wins in 12 games but things were looking good as we scored an early goal and dominated the game, however we couldnt get that second goal, and sure enough ipswich equalised wih the first shot before with injury time approaching they got the winner with only there 2nd shot on target.

an air of despondency hangs over elland road now, but with the squad assembled and the trnasfers in place leeds will be back next season in their rightfull place. icon_biggrin.gif

great season in div 1 with top 3 all being the human managers and also in the prem with jimmy and cardiff amazingly winning it, and even more remarkably lee staying up icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

_W_atch ya back

_E_re comes the hammers

_S_tevo's Army

_T_oner Toner Toner

_H_ave Faith

_A_nd Jane

_M_ore the merrier icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

we

expect

sstevey

to

have

a

mare

let

england

expect

druggie

stevie's

unique

needs

in

time

end

ddisastrously

there is only 1 decent team in division 1 this season and it certainly isn't the hammers icon_razz.gif

badge-rushden.jpg

Preseason

Even with the injection of premiership cash, Rushdens budget is still small and manager Dan Bryant will have limited resources. Still, just becoming a premiership outfit has lured a few players to Nene park already. 3 defenders in to shore up the back 4 for the new season and 3 more midfielders. Manager Bryant will have to sit and watch as other managers throw money around and hope that the squad he has can stay in the premiership. The main big signing was versatile playmaker Gary Robson. Unsettled in Spain, Robson jumped at the chance to return to England and hopes to help Rushden avoid the drop. At 200-1, Rushden are among the group of teams likely to be involved in a struggle

Transfers In

Stephen Rooney – Free - Blackburn

Rafael de Souza Vieira – Free - Liverpool

Daniel Haas - £1.1 Million – Middlesbrough

Gary Robson - £2.6 Million – Villareal

Dean Wood - Free

Marco Antonio Pena – Loan - Cardiff

Transfers Out

Colin Rix – Free - Chesterfield

September

Position: 3rd

The month started with a visit from Plymouth, a tough match for the Premiership newcomers. Gary Robson had originally been purchased to play in midfield but the absence of Stuart Douglas meant a start up front and he couldn’t have had a better debut, scoring two in a 3-1 win. Rushden went on to get a point away to Liverpool and pick up a superb 3 points with a 4-0 win over playoff winners Ipswich. 7 points out of 9 leaves the Premiership new boys in 3rd place

after a average season for briggs3 standards forrest decide to sack briggs3

nottingham forrest have decided to part comopany with joey briggs3 after an excellant 1st seaosn in the prem finishing 2nd forrest seemed to have the rite man in charge, an average season yr after forrest finishing 8th but briggs still thought hes job was safe because it didnt say his job was insecure and the borad were very pleased with him.

Bradford city decided not to wait around and a couple of days later offered briggs3 the job of there manager. Briggs3 accepted and found him self with a budget of 20m!briggs 3 brought two of his old boys wes morgan and danny guthrie for peanuts aswell as matthew perry and smith from ants portsmouth, also a loan signing of michael mills from cardiff, the 20m has hardly been touched yet, briggs 3 is to give the squad he has a chance 1st season. But where now for forrest the fans on the boards back after the sackin of briggs3.

badge-rushden.jpg

Yeah the last month was meant to be august….

September

Position:4th

A poor start to the month with a disappointing defeat away to derby but the good home from continued with a fine victory over a resilient Southampton side, goals coming from last years player of the season David Bell and Gary Robson. A draw away to villa meant that Rushden stayed in the upper echelons of the premiership, while manager Dan Bryant was rumoured to be offered positions at WBA and Nottm Forest.

Dismissing speculation, Bryant and Rushden got back to work progressing to the 3rd round of the carling cup with a 2-1 win over Bournemouth. A superb 2-0 victory against Newcastle to end the month saw Rushden sitting comfortable in 4th and continuing to impress.

October

Position: 4th

The month started with a potentially tough fixture away to arsenal, Rushden coming away with a 2-2 draw and then after some international fixtures, drew with Portsmouth at home. Only 2 games this month but Rushden sit in a very nice 4th

November

Position: 5th

November didn’t start to well for Bryants men. Two consecutive 2-0 defeats away in the league and cup to Newcastle and Man united respectively in game in which they maybe deserved more. The league loss saw them slip to 6th. But fortunes turned with two more 2-0 results, both resounding wins against Nottm forest and away to Sheffield Wednesday. Rushden were in 5th spot for the visit to Bristol City and maintained their position with another point away from home.

December

Position:4th

Entering the winter month of December and a tough game as league leaders Cardiff visited. But the hosts claimed a surprising 2-0 victory and followed it up with a 1-0 win away to Middlesbrough to move up to second place in the Premiership.

Rampant Rushden run over Brum[/i]

Rushden fans couldn’t contain their delight at their teams 3-0 win over Birmingham. Many pundits had written the premiership new boys off as relegation fodder, despite the heroics of Cardiff the season before but the club now find themselves as title contenders. However it would be a major surprise should they be there come the end of the season. While recent form has been fantastic, a team with limited resources such as Rushden will surely not be able to keep up with the premiership big boys like Cardiff, Sunderland, Bristol City and Portsmouth.

The month went on and a tough away match at 3rd placed sunderland was next. But Rushden somehow pulled out a 3-2 win, despite being under pressure most of the game, Stuart Douglas netting 2 and Dean Wood getting one. Sunderland had the lions share of possession but couldn’t find a winner and Rushden took 3 points and took Rushden up to 1st place in the premiership

This was followed by a very disappointing draw at home to spurs, who couldn’t even muster a shot on target.

The month ended on a low with an even more disappointing loss away to Blackburn in a game the visitors felt they deserved a lot more from

Archived