Disconnect between Relationship and Player Happiness

Hello everyone,

So I'm sure you're all aware of the difficulties with promises in FM21, I have had this issue where I promised a wonderkid more starts. He subsequently got injured, and whilst he was returning to fitness I had to balance a big league game against a high reputation team (Rangers) and chasing down my 2nd Knockout Round leg 2 Europa League 2 fixture. I decided as he would not recover for the midweek game to leave him out the Rangers game, and he subsequently got angry about playing time and it seemed largely based off that one game.

Anyway, this post isn't really another rant about promises, but more that I found something confusing after this. I have developed this player from my youth team, and we have a relationship defined as Very Close, i'm one of his favoured personnel and his opinion of me is "Holds you in the highest regard as a manager".  However, after "breaking a promise" this relationship remains, but the player now has a negative happiness "Opposes the manager despite very good support overall in the dressing room".

To me this seems like a massive contradiction? How can you hold someone in the highest regard as a manager and also oppose them?

Has anyone else come across this? Do I assume this means that I will get little benefit from his opinion of me and relationship with me untill the unhappiness is resolved? Or do I have a bit more pull still?

markrichardson2.png

markrichardson2.png

• SI Staff

Can you provide us with a save game from just before the rangers game to our cloud here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support#text and please let us know the name of the save once you've uploaded it.

If not, the earliest save with the issue will do.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, to be honest I didn't think this would be considered a bug related to the promise it was just meant to be a general observation about the player happiness and manager relationships often clashing that I've seen on a few of my players. I have played on the final few games of the season since the bug so i'm uploading the earliest of the rolling saves I still have but am not sure it will still show it.

I did also notice in the run up to the end of the season there was an incident where in his player happiness it was saying "Expects to play the next game vs X as he has been promised more playing time", however then my coaches highlighted that he needed a rest, and when i speak to him to rest him he is perfectly fine with it. Unfortunately I can't remember which match this was for as I didn't think it was going to be considered, but I'll keep an eye out if it happens again. :)

The save file ive uploaded is called "Make Scotland Great Again (v03)"

EDIT: The player in question here is Mark Richardson. I think Earl Brown is another player that shows "Holds manager in the highest regard" and a happiness that involces not supporting the manager.

Edited by CosmicCreepers
player example info

As a follow up to this, it has gotten a little stranger as Mark Richardson is currently saying in his Happiness that he is Pleased with his playing time and has no Negatives in his happiness, however the promise is still open and when I go to renew his contract im told by his agent that they're unwilling to enter talks because he is unhappy at the club... But he has no negatives in happiness!