u23 team no league invite when team not in use at start of save

XxKnophernxX

So I have played for a lot of seasons now and I have this hunch all this time that i think could pretty much be confirmed.

I started my career with Notts County from div5 with no u23 team, but eventually got one after a couple of seasons. The problem is that I have never got an league invite for PL2 or Proffesional development league or the u23 PL cup. I have raised this issue earlier and the reply was always that i needed to wait and that spots are not always available. 

But i think - and this is why i think it's a bug - that when you are not starting your career with an u23 team, that team will never be even considered for an invite. I wanted to test this hypothesis and by using in-game editor for two seasons half of the teams were switched out - which should be more than enough for my team with top of the line youth setup and PL-champion 4 times in a row. But instead these spots were given to teams like Rochdale - a medieocre div4 team and a horrible u23 team, which makes absolutely no sense. 

I think this issue is something a lot of people struggles with and especially those who tries to climb the latter with a team only to find out after 4-5 seasons that you will never get a league invite. 

I think is something that should be fixed and looked at hopefully for next years game...

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, XxKnophernxX said:

Read the message where it said that i think 5 teams left the league

Can you please upload your save to us? Looks like this could be a different issue. 

Details here --> https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support 

On 18/05/2021 at 14:25, XxKnophernxX said:

So I have played for a lot of seasons now and I have this hunch all this time that i think could pretty much be confirmed.

I started my career with Notts County from div5 with no u23 team, but eventually got one after a couple of seasons. The problem is that I have never got an league invite for PL2 or Proffesional development league or the u23 PL cup. I have raised this issue earlier and the reply was always that i needed to wait and that spots are not always available. 

But i think - and this is why i think it's a bug - that when you are not starting your career with an u23 team, that team will never be even considered for an invite. I wanted to test this hypothesis and by using in-game editor for two seasons half of the teams were switched out - which should be more than enough for my team with top of the line youth setup and PL-champion 4 times in a row. But instead these spots were given to teams like Rochdale - a medieocre div4 team and a horrible u23 team, which makes absolutely no sense. 

I think this issue is something a lot of people struggles with and especially those who tries to climb the latter with a team only to find out after 4-5 seasons that you will never get a league invite. 

I think is something that should be fixed and looked at hopefully for next years game...

Exactly the same issue . I created my own team from non league . Got to the Premier League eventually . Never had an invited for my U23 Squad to join a reserve league . Very frustrating after all those hours put in. 

Did they resolve the issue for you ?

1 hour ago, Drew72 said:

Exactly the same issue . I created my own team from non league . Got to the Premier League eventually . Never had an invited for my U23 Squad to join a reserve league . Very frustrating after all those hours put in. 

Did they resolve the issue for you ?

No reply yet