Trans-national league system (Problems with continental qualification)

Dawst

NB: I am very new to the editor so I may have some problems understanding too technical or specific terms😅 Also, sorry for what is probably going to be an overly specific explanation but I am unsure if some of these details may influence the editing.

After the rumours of a Belgium/Netherlands fusion league popped up, I got very excited about trying to recreate a similar idea for the Scandinavian leagues and even across all of Europe. My idea is as follows: Group all European nations into regional groups and create an identical league system for them (Top division, second division, third fourth divisions split into two regions each, fifth and sixth into four groups each. All of them with 16 teams)

I managed to create a Scandinavian league system, which worked perfectly itself, by editing Crimea into Scandinavia. However, the problems then of course start occurring with continental qualification as no team from the new Scandinavian league qualifies for CL/EL/Conf. I then had the idea of editing Faroe Islands instead of Crimea and then up their coefficient to match but then I realised I'll mess up the national team of the Faroe Islands and that is not something I am interested in doing.

I am willing and probably able to recreate the Champions League and then set up my own custom qualification system, which also makes sense since I am redoing most leagues anyway and only have 16 or 17 leagues instead of the current 55. But I am unsure which countries I can edit and then still make a working European qualification for all of them. Crimea probably works as it is in Europe but can I also edit West Malay, CIS, etc. and still make the clubs qualify for my recreated continental competitions? Is there another way to go about this? 

I hope this makes sense and is a reasonable question, thanks in advance!!

Further information which you probably don't need:

• Seven European league systems will remain untouched: Spain, England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia. All other leagues will be made extinct and all clubs moved into a new league system in a new "regional nation" (e.g. Crimea --> Scandinavia)
  • I made the national league system work so there is probably no need for any help there (though you experienced editors may foresee problems I don't😌)
  • I am looking to make national cups as well (for original nations, so all Denmark-based clubs will play in one cup) but that is not my main concern atm
  • I don't want to ruin any national team (not even Andorra, Faroe Islands, etc.)

Update:
I have so far managed to create a Scandinavian League in the Faroe Islands without changing the nation. This means that the national team remains untouched, which is what I wanted, but also that the league looks to be placed in Faroe Islands. Not ideal but is not a big problem and I can replicate this with other nations for the rest of Europe so that is okay. It is probably not worth the time to try to get around it. This also means that the UEFA co-efficients stay in place. This, however, provides a new problem:

Even when setting all co-efficients for Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland and Finland to 0, they of course still have a single team qualifying for the very first stage of qualifications. This seams to be picked randomly among the best teams remaining in the nation (mind you, I have moved most teams to the Faroe Islands so it is a lower-league team). This is not ideal because with my intention of recreating the full European system, I will have around 40 lower-league teams from all of Europe qualifying for the qualifications for European competitions. I have an idea on how to circumvent this but I cannot get it to work at the moment.

I want to create national cup tournaments with the original nations so there is a national Danish cup tournament that only involves Danish-based teams even though they have been moved to the league system in Faroe Islands. A real-life equivalent is the Liechtensteiner Cup which only contains teams based in Liechtenstein even though all of them play in the Swiss league system. Like with Liechtenstein, I would then hope to have the European Qualification slot from each country go to the winner of the cup. That way I will both get rid of the amateur lower-league teams in Europe as well as making prestigious national cups that go along with the trans-national league system.

My problem at the moment is then to create national cups that qualify teams playing in another nation. I have tried to look at how the Liechtensteiner Cup is set up but as it isn't playable I am not sure if there is anything to go by there. I have tried using the "use teams based in nation" option but I have so far not managed understand how to set up the teams for the national cup. Are any of you guys familiar with how to set it up or do you have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

You don;t need to set the league up in a country without a current league structure.

Instead, you could make extinct all leagues and cups in each country, and then set your new league in one of the countries within the league structure.

Eg: for Scandinavian league, you could make extinct existing leagues and cups in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Faroes Isles. Then set your new league up in Sweden, for example.

I'd also recommend going to the nation file, and setting the other Scandinavian countries as non-foreign, (meaning clubs could sign all players from other Scandinavian countries in unlimited numbers unlike players, (if that is what you want), from other countries in the world.

Obviously, if you want one Scandinavian international team, (instead of separate countries), then you couldn't do it in this way