Creating a Tiki Taka style

Hi! I am a regular reader of publications, I often watch videos on YouTube with guides to play. I try to compile all the information assimilated and create my conception.

I'm a fan of Total Cruyff Football and later, at Guardiola's Barcelona, I've been trying to create my conception of that style of play. I have still failed, I still have difficulty in choosing the best role for each player or choosing the best players for the role I want. However, I think I got it right this time.

So let's explain my idea: When designing my tactic, I started with the defensive process.

imagem.png.7950841d4d5105293b7a620cd96ac345.png

First of all, I decided that I wanted a very high defensive line to press on the opponent's field without ever failing to be a compact and aggressive team in the pressure, trying to recover the ball as soon as possible. So I chose the defensive line very high (that low through the opponent and / or what the game asks me), to increase the compression I put the pressure line in normal and use the offside trap. To have the players closer to each other we defend well closed but always aggressive.

When we recover the ball we want to quickly attack the opposing goal; When we lose it, we will recover it quickly; GK will always try to play from behind.

imagem.png.8a019259e0e6fac5a02f0d5b1b18e923.png

Let us now move on to the moment of offensive organization. Since I intend to have the players always close to each other to press when we lose the ball and to provide a short pass, I have reduced the attacking width to the maximum.

With the players close and with high intensity the players will look for the short passes and with a lot of creative freedom they create plays of beautiful configuration. The creative freedom I take away when I encounter stronger opponents.

imagem.png.9da6b28cccdd568cbd8e7a006bce5059.png

To balance the risk of high pressure, very high defensive line I choose a balanced mentality.

Now let's see the players' disposition on the field:

imagem.png.61b10097dbc3e499f4f910b3ec3a658b.png

Once again and through the role assigned to each player, I try to be close to each other and create spaces for each other.

Regarding individual instructions:

FB (S): Cross aim far post; Sit Narrower

FB (A): Take fewer risks; Cross from byline; Sit Narrower

AP (A) on the left: More direct passes

In the next publication I will put the attributes that I look for in each position.