(FM20) The little team that could

murphbot1204

Introduction

So, with the start of the 2020-21 season been and gone, and with FM21 right around the corner, I’d thought I’d give FM20 one last hurrah before I switch. So, with help from Dan BHTFC’s excellent England League expansion mod, I’d thought I’d play with a team I grew up around, several members of my family have played for, and one that I really want to see do well - Chadlington FC

The Club

Chadlington Football Club was founded in 1912, and currently plays in the Witney & District League Division 1. The team plays at Chadlington Sports Club, in the small village of Chadlington, only a few miles outside of the Oxfordshire town of Chipping Norton. The club runs 2 teams, a 1st team, and a reserve side, who play in the W&D Division 3. The team, ever since its inception, has worn blue and white striped shirts, although the reason for this is unknown. After facing troubles in the late noughties with the club shedding players, often having to field sides with no substitutes, a 2011 merger with local side Chad Park, a and return to the W&D after 9 seasons in the Oxfordshire Senior League, saw the club rebound back to it's strengths in the 90's

The League

gVPOd_X-0NvFC3UrBtdQv6Ny7xUdSvWWXnISgb1l047AQs7nQBctmm_tvWSu52c9JhuRCQ5h5vphgJTFV2fNx44SZBU0GY1H3Om0nubKM0pEdAvQQ5TQjbbi3XzIakUY_xb5SIfE

The Witney and District Division 1 is made up of 9 teams, 6 1st teams and 3 reserve teams. Teams play each other twice, leading to a 16 game season. Witney Royals are favoured for the league title, after finishing 7th the previous year. Joining the league this year are Minster Lovell, Hailey and Kingham, from Division 2 (after a major Rejig for the W&D League after the 18-19 season), and new side Enstone Sports. No teams were relegated from the Premier Division (again due to the aforementioned shakeup)

The Pre-Season Schedule

NaM5HxalpfunmsSdGHICUBOk4WqqtgadI3LiWViRQHwF9EiMVCayFUFCXmgMmezZ72moTQLdi6E-OB8RD8q4Y_aBBGzI26l8jUYRvGq37QsoAI7i9ldgIV_Dwr3DgrTmOH_qV1B-

With the actual season not kicking off until September (the league only has 16 games per team and no cup competition), we need quite a few pre-season games to make sure the lads are well prepared for the long season ahead. Therefore, we have 9 pre-season friendlies arranged. We have a good mix of larger and smaller teams, should give the lads a good workout before the season begins. The main tests will be against the Western League's Roman Glass St. George and Wellinborough of the United Counties League. Other than that, I'm hoping for a good record here

The Squad

4OJiKAk7ZgUZhhYhg5DYVrlH2Thrfb21gXLbZZuIB9XAl_8UeRET_jQR505AGxkEWa4aXdh8cjD2NDDjG60MacH-YAV60wPThqMLXhbbLkajqelp11EpXUgBuPYY0eKHXQ5fO0_1 

After a bit of rejigging (we had a but-ton of youngsters in the 1st team), here is my starting squad. Definitely an area to work on, but we have a couple of weeks to grow out. Sean Doyle (GK) is clearly the best player right now, with only Steven Jackson (DM), Kyle John (DLC) and Jack McKenna (DRL) being up to scratch for the first XI. As I said, work to be done here, but plenty of time to get anything done

The Tactic

I will be looking to play a 4-1-2-3 Formation, using the Gegenpress concept with my own twist. This tactic has bought me success with underdog teams before (won the Austrian Second Division with SV Ried and bought the RPL to Spartak Moscow after taking over with them hovering just above relegation), so I’m hoping it can bring me success with Chad.

The Aim

As Las Vegas Raiders ex-owner Al Davis said, 'Just Win Baby'. My aim is to take Chad as far as I can up the league system, and hey, we may even get a few cup runs in as well