1. FC Magdeburg - Wir zeigen euch, wo das tor steht

TX-18

14CEA34E-7D23-4987-88EE-95E77F60AF91.png.7fde89c82b02005a6b5bbad4f8f24fbe.png
                                        1.FC Magdeburg

Background

1. FC Magdeburg is a club founded in 1965 in the city of Magdeburg, embedded in the history of German football, East-German football infact. Nicknamed ‘Der Club’ (The Club) Magdeburg were the only East German club to win a European title - European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1974 but after German reunification, the club fell on hard times and only entered professional football back in 2015 when the side was promoted to the 3.Liga. Der Club went onto win the 3.Liga in 2017/18 but then relegated back down to 3.Liga in 2018/19.

Honours

Europe:

- European Cup Winners’ Cup 1974

League:

- DDR-Oberligg Winners 1971-72, 1973-74 & 1974-75

- DDR-Ligg (II) Winners 1966-67

- 3.Ligg (III) Winners 2017-18

- Regionalliga Nordost (IV) Winners 2014-15

- NOFV- Oberliga Süd: (IV) Winners 1996-97, 2000-01 & 2005-06

Cup:

- FDGB-POKAL: (Record shared with Dynamo Dresden)

Winners 1963-64, 1964-65, 1968-69, 1972-73, 1977-78, 1978-79 & 1982-82.

People may remember when Magdeburg fans went viral for turning up to the stadium behind the goal with huge arrows in a bid to help the team find the net after a dismal season and not scoring the last 5 games also a banner which read

'Wir zeigen euch, wo das tor steht!' or 'Don't worry, chaps, we'll show you where the goal is!'

WnOMICj.jpg

Funnily enough this actually worked and Magdeburg scored in this game to end a 558 minute goal drought only to be denied late on by the away team who stole the 3 points.

XeGcYMj.jpg

Peter Neville embarks on his first job in the German 3rd division taking the 1.FC Magdeburg hot seat at a young age of 26.

s27o7C3.jpg

Transfer Budget: £0 

Wage budget: £9,330 available per week

Board Expectations for this season is to finish in the top half which should give me comfortable time to build a squad without getting the sack to then push for promotion / challenge for the title. 

Season 1 - Top half

Season 2 - Play offs

Season 3 - Work towards promotion

Season 4 - Win Promotion

Season 5 - stay in Bundesliga 2

XOpjIAZ.jpg

Requested the board to search for a senior affiliate as this should garner extra income and also loan some top players without having to pay wages.

to7yvkR.jpg

Next step is to set up my tactics and take a evaluation of my squad. Highlighted The players I’d probably cast out if offers came in but wouldn’t mind keeping round any as rotation options and having them as bit part players whilst just running down contracts aslong as finances are fine and then the key players I’d not want to lose and build the future around are Moschl, Rother, Muller and Preißinger. I’d like to be playing in the higher division if not next season but the season after that whether that’s through automatic promotion or playoffs, ideally would like to win the league and start adding trophies to the bare cabinet as early as possible. After evaluating the squad I went ahead and cancelled any pointless friendlies that my assman set up against the likes of Real Betis and opposition that would just damage morale for the ongoing season - probably could do with increased finances but looking at the bigger picture for attempting to push for playoffs or automatic promotion from the 3.Liga here.

AUEbi8O.jpg

Marius Bütler who is our most valuable player at £2.4 million is out on loan at Bundesliga side Union Berlin. They have the option to buy him at any point for £600k. Looks a tidy player. 
Sk3YIW4.jpg

Edited by TX-18

sDsNU67.jpg
Cancelled Betis and Eibar friendly and rearranged a friendly for Monday 15th July Vs Nordhausen. 

Taken on plenty of trials during my friendlies to fully rotate my squad as my smart Assman has me playing every 2 / 3 days.  

Also gives me a brief look into certain calibre of player when taking them on trial even if my coach isn’t the best judge of Ability or Potential. One player I had to snap up just off the recommendation of the trial report was Ricardo Campos can play RW or ST, trialed and my coach report said he’d potentially be a Bundesliga player, I don’t fully believe my coach report but he has all the right stats in the right places especially for his young age of 19, especially if he is to get consistent game time. I had to snap him and financially only earning £300pw. However his contract does have a £400k release clause which I’d like to remove depending on how he performs.

MLfUwVX.jpg

First two friendlies saw 1 late goal in each game which helped seal 1-0 victory’s over Aue and Fierce rivals Dynamo Dresden both a league above and both evenly matched games positive signs for things to come. 
mgHajOX.jpg T5tgejD.jpg

More signings come through the door Yanni Regäsel 23 looks set to become first choice RB and a 32 year old Ilo Ilicevic LW as a Inside forward who fits our tactics.

eVVCD4F.jpg

N17gDug.jpg

Offer came in from Barnsley for Tarek Chahed RM 23yo can play the whole right side, not bad player but not great either, 215k upfront 50k in instalments and a 40% percentage of profit if sold on. Unfortunately Chahed rejected Barnsley’s offer and stayed at the club then had a ‘slt’ issue as he wanted to play for Barnsley as they play in a better division. 

Couple days down the line after Chahed rejected Barnsley for some unbeknown reason RB Salzburg come in for a offer for my main CDM Björn Roster 22 years of age, 1 year on his contract, weighed up the options and I have a player of similar ability in the same position and of the same age, so I negotiate the offer and manage to coup 750k upfront which is a club record sale and the board put 400k into the transfer budget and then another 150k in instalments. Totally the deal to £900k.

in-between the deal being completed  we had a friendly versus Eintracht Braunschweig, Roster wouldn’t be playing any part of the friendly as I didn’t want to jeopardise a injury and the deal being at risk. The game ended with 5-0 win over our league rivals. We quickly went ahead from 2 set pieces then piled on the misery scoring another 3 In the first half, it wasn’t anything to really look into as they subbed 90% of there run down conditioned team before half time and to top the half off for them they also collected a red card. Unlike the first half the second half was much more of a even game which ended goalless. I blame this on my Assman, Eintracht Braunschweig’s fatigue and me having double figures of trials to cover my fitness more then anything.

UaJVj3g.jpg

1st of July and the Björn Roster Transfer is  complete minor issue was a potential issue with my captain and probable number one striker Christian Beck I speak to him before anything escalates but he’s happy I came to him before the problem got bigger overall happy with the finances as it gives me slight room to navigate in the transfer window allowing me to bring in numerous of  players in strength and in depth.

Edited by TX-18

Board returned with a senior affiliate recommendations a choice between Hamburger SV, Borussia Dortmund, 1. FSV Mainz & Schalke  was a easy choice as I went ahead and picked  Borussia Dortmund.4uRHvrM.jpg

In addition to setting up a link we also brought in Star player Ben Marshall who looks to challenge Möschl on the Right wing position but can cover the Left wing and Right back position in emergencies. 

Release clause of £1.1m for non promotion seasons.  
jj5bwdv.jpg

A deal that broke down due to financial problems days later was Tom Adeyemi, Hoping he doesn’t get snapped up in the mean time and we’ll go back in for him as he suits our tactical approach as a Box to Box midfielder. 

Next up travel away for a friendly against Memmingen and we comfortably beat them 3-0 thanks to a Beck brace either side of a Tobais Muller goal.
HO0FlGS.jpg

3 days later we travel to RW Essen with a heavily rotated side and start the game brightly going 2 nil up thanks to goals from Möschl and El Ghanassy but complacency sets in for the second half as they grab one back and then a own goal from Yanni Regäsel secures a comeback for RW Essen as we only manage a draw. 

WdJ5yaA.jpg

Transfer Listed goalkeeper Alexander Burnst and offered him out for his value. Dinamo Brest came in with a offer of £99k upfront and clauses to reach a total of £120k. Also been a Loan bid from 1860 Munich for Tarek Chahed after he rejected Barnsley I decided he wasn’t going to be in my plans and transfer listed him. They want to cover all his wages but his contract runs out at the end of the season so I would ideally like a fee, we negotiated back and forth a few times before agreeing they would pay a fee of £115k after 15 games played. Slightly disappointed as could of achieved a larger sum and a sell on percentage from Barnsley but ultimately he’s off the wage bill. 

Choosing our Captain for the season I wasn’t planning on disrupting the low team cohesion so Christian Beck continues his role and Rico Preißinger got the nod as Vice Captain. 

Mv8ag5B.jpg

Decided to bolster the midfield with not 1 but 2 signings that had been on trial with us, Matías Juarez being a young 22 year old Argentinian that we could potentially improve and also sell on and a Algerian Playmaker Makhedjouf who can play all 3 midfield roles.

CTGehSl.jpgKKHhpQG.jpg

At the same time of signing these we take advantage of our affiliate link with Borussia Dortmund and bring in a cover CB until our first choice CB returns from a long term injury 

M6uFB0O.jpg

Pre-season comes to a close with a disappointing 1-1 draw a rare  appearance & goal for Sirlord Conteh but we remained unbeaten only conceding 4 goals and half of them came in one game against RW Essen. TiGfGQ6.jpg
NEGJE70.jpg

Match day 1

The media hypes up the managerial debut of Peter Neville with a massive rival clash against Hallescher FC, Unfortunately It isn’t the dream start in a even contested game they had the cutting edge scoring both of there only shots on target.cmJszKR.jpg

We return back for a deal for Tom Adeyemi  and get it over the line this time.7Xt7f1e.jpg

Match day 2

Away trip brings on a tough fixture versus Eintracht Braunschweig who are expected to finish in the top 4 according to the season preview. We previously beat them 5-0 in a friendly but this match was a totally different affair, We took the lead early on thanks to Perthel our left back but Braunschweig got a goal either side of the half before Beck pulled it back to share the spoils.

ZbfhAM1.jpg

Match day 3

A home tie brought on another challenging fixture to the likes of 1860 Munich and with the whistle blowing for kickoff Munich were 1-0 up in a flash thanks to Lex goal. Tobias Muller levelled the score 10minutes before half time thanks to a set piece routine and the game finished there. Loanee Tarek Chahed suffered a 2-3 month injury setting the loan/transfer agreement back with a fee being agreed after he makes 15 appearances, Still hunting for that first win. 
91Acl2x.jpg

Edited by TX-18

DFB Pokal Round 1

We welcome Darmstadt who currently sit 17th in the league above, a slight change of mentality brought a surprise win for Madgeburg, 2 goals either side of a Beck penalty for Ivo Ilicevic in a man of the match performance, moves us onto the next round! 

ksbGeXO.jpg

Draw for the second round of the DFB Pokal has drawn us with 2.Bundesliga team FC St Pauli 

IQvgtiK.jpg

Transfer update: Mario Kvesic left the club for Zrinjski Mostar for £195k and £45k with potential add ons. very shortly after the 1860 Munich game as I couldn’t fit him in tactically even though he’d just joined the club. A bid for Charles-Elie Laprévotte came in from Western United matching the players value and as he’s found him self down the pecking order in a bolstered midfield I decided to go ahead and accept, £100k deal should go through depending on work permit. Another player targeted from Western United is Osei-Kwadwo with a £200k bid after he was transfer listed and deemed surplus to requirements that deal also dependable on granted a work permit. 

Match day 4

The game is overshadowed with a injury early on to our first choice right back Yanni Regäsel who will be out for 6-8 weeks with sprained knee ligaments, continuing through our tough schedule against 1.FC Kaiserslautern who are predicted to finish 3rd the man in form Ilicevic gets the deciding goal an brings us our first league victory which shoots us up the table. Lots of shots compared to shots on target which il keep an eye on and may have to tweak if continues. 

8qG3vtG.jpg

The search for a Affiliate club returns and Stuttgarter Kickers were the chosen ones, this is a great way to send players out on loan who aren’t currently at first team level but to good for the Youth team.

AQx8UIT.jpg

A background to Stuttgarter KickersHWPkApe.jpg

Match day 5

A away day comes around and it’s a clash with FC Hansa Rostock we head in at half time 1 nil down, a dismal performance and give the lads a rollicking as it just isn’t good enough, 3 minutes after the restart Beck puts a penalty away to level the game, we continue to pile on the pressure but can’t force a winning goal. Also around the grounds on this Matchday loanee Marius Butler of Union Berlin opened his goal scoring account for the season in a Motm performance.

lhNwOyI.jpg

Match day 6

A nightmare of a win, using my last substitute in the 73rd minute then in the 75th my holding midfielder Rico Preißinger was forced off with a groin injury which will see him out for 3-4 weeks. I was having to reshape the team to try see out a 1 nil margin to make things even more nerve wrecking 5 minutes from time we were reduced to 9 men with a second yellow card to RB Ernst even after telling him to ease off tackles, this will leave us short in the RB department for the next game with the suspension and the already injured Yanni Regäsel. On a positive note that’s 5 unbeaten for Peter Neville and his team 1. FC Magdeburg.

vweR7hr.jpg

Monthly review as manager comes in and we are doing pretty average by the looks of things. The board aren’t to impressed with transfers aspect but hopefully time will win them over with some big performances. 

Overall B- 

yZMvn5W.jpg

With the injury to Yanni Regäsel and latest suspension to Ernst I decided to do a double deadline day raid on my affiliate club for extra cover in both full back positions. 
MJ1JFom.jpgAeNBuAU.jpg

Deadline day out goings

My young 18 year old CB Marlon Schweda worth 30k was subject to a initial 50k bid plus 40% profit sell on fee from Greurher Fürth, reluctantly didn’t want to let him leave, but after some negotiations we managed to hold out for 100k upfront 16k in instalments and 50% of profit from the next sale. 

1.FC Magdeburg were the most active with 7 free transfers and 4 loans also receiving the highest transfer fee in the league with the Björn Roster deal.

WBxCX6N.jpg
All the players highlighted are the Ins & Outs managed by me And that wraps up the summer transfer window.

frL5TXo.jpg

Edited by TX-18

Match day 7

Hosting Würzburger Kickers midweek after a manic Deadline day and despite bringing in a emergency back up loan and a knock to Ben Marshall who can competently play there, we have to play Hippe a centre back by trade out in the Right back spot due to injuries and suspensions. Not many highlights but we can’t make possession pay as a very well organised defence and a 1st Career goal for Widemann of Würzburger Kickers sends them top in a 1-0 defeat. 

8n3g2yR.jpg

Match day 8

A return to the side from suspension for Ernst hopefully bounce back with a win away to FSV Zwickau who currently sit in 19th position, and did we do just that Advanced playmaker Gjasula set up the first goal for Koglin and then Gjasula went on to set up flying full back Perthel. Beck and Ilo Ivicevic finished the scoring. 

Po1Vcox.jpg

Transfer Update: 

Osie-Kwadwo was granted a work permit but the deal fell through as they were restricted to only 5 foreign players. He has requested to be removed from the the transfer list an is ‘happy’ to stay at Magdeburg. His contracts up at the end of the year so I may look to retrain him as a Left back as cover now as I’m paying 3.7k pw wages and let him leave in January we’ll see what happens.

Tommie Hoban 25, Joins on trial for 4 weeks currently injured with a damaged cruciate for 2 to 4 months but he’s a good player for most 2.Bundesliga sides already and potentially a Bundesliga player according to my Coach report. 

7zf1X7y.jpg

Match day 9

Back to back away games this time against Chemitzer FC. Perthel sets up the first goal with a cross to the back post for Marshall to head home, 5 minutes later Tom Adeyemi is shown a straight red and we have to re adjust and bring Marshall into a defensive winger role 4-4-1 formation. After half time Gjasula’s corner bounces on the penalty spot for Koglin to smash home before Chemitzer claw one back making a nervy last 30 minutes, Perthel scores from the spot to ensure the win in added time and give us back to back wins. 

T6hZAd0.jpg

Edited by TX-18

Manfred Osie-Kwadwo came to me with concerns about his playing time, expecting to be a fringe player that hasn’t featured at all, mainly as he requested to leave and was set to depart, just as I was giving him a second chance. He’s lacking match sharpness so I’ve made him available for the U19’s whether he gets played for them i will see in the incoming weeks if not make him available for 1. FC Magdeburg II.

Some of the squad are unhappy with the way I dealt with this issue, the main men are supportive with me but I need good team cohesion and we manage to make positive developments in the meeting.

MQZk1tx.jpg

FC Magdeburg new president 

Current president Peter Fechner decided against a second term and the elections for the new president will be held in November. 

E4euLoU.jpg

Made a request to the board to improve our youth recruitment and it got approved in the long run hopefully these little requests will go a long way.

ATgUvaJ.jpg

Match day 10 

The suspension of Tom Adeyemi see’s young Matias Juarez takes his place for the match against SpVgg Unterhaching. We make a flying start with a free kick whipped in by B and met by the head of Makhedjouf, next a quick fire double with a corner flicked on by Bomheuer as Beck taps it in back post next Matias Juarez has a shot blocked but the ball drops to Ben Marshall on the edge of the box who rifles it home for 3, only disappointing part of the half was Marshall picking up a knock subbed off at half time with Campos coming on. Second half and SpVgg Unterhaching get a consolation goal.

sqeP8hc.jpg

League Table update 10 Games 

Würzburger Kickers have a small margin at the top of the table whilst SV Meppen are the only team to remain undefeated, at the other end of the table Carl Zeiss Jena are yet to record a win.

UcHkB5u.jpg

Match day 11 

We travel to Carl Zeiss Jena who are yet to win a game. We make the one change and drop Right Back Ernst to the bench he’s 1 yellow card away from suspension with the Ingolstadt match next week in mind. Marshall who can play there competently will take his place, Carl Zeiss Jena take the lead 10 minutes before the half, Instantly after the whistle bring a goal back, A nice bit of play from the home side and a shot from the edge of the box straight at the keeper but a absolute blunder from Behrens let’s the ball fly in. 

Disappointing loss Consistency is needed.  

LR9x2CX.jpg

Reports after the game Urs Fischer was faced with a question from the press about wanting to keep Marius Butlers move a permanent one he refused to answer the rumour. 

Match day 12 

FC Ingolstadt come to town, 15 minutes in Adeyemi scores but it’s disallowed, we continue to boss possession and head in at half time level. 15 minutes after the restart Ben Marshall heads home and sets us on our way before Perthel our free scoring left back notches his 5th of the season and seals the win. 
i6gL7wb.jpg

Match day 13

We head on to Bavaria for a clash against Bayern Munich II. Beck drops to the bench and Steininger leads the line today. Perthel whips a cross in which Marshall meets on the half volley ten minutes before the half, Ilo Ivicevic forces there defender in to a mistake on the edge of the box then squares it to Marshall for his second of the game and to see out a comfortable win.

am3S8KL.jpg

Cause for concern tactically?

I’ve began to notice that if Beck doesn’t score he often gets a rating of 6.5 or less, isolated? Potential change of formation to accommodate him being the number 1 striker or time for Steininger and Campos to step up an drop Beck

Match day 14

We make numerous changes to our starting XI whilst we host SG Sonnehof Grossaspach with the Second round of DFB-Pokal in mind midweek. Beck is dropped and his replacement Steininger makes a impact knocking a cross down to Möschl to smash home, On loan right back Mateu Morey scores the second as he is in the right place at the right time as Möschl’s shot was blocked and he has a open net to tap it in to, they pull one back with ten minutes to go but Campos sets Bertram to put the game to bed in the 91st minute.

jbx0Ioj.jpg

DFB Pokal Round 2 

FC St Pauli come into this tie with poor form whilst us on the other hand form wise have turned a corner. First half flies by with us carving out a lot of chances but not being clinical second half and we get a penalty which Gjasula converts, they say you are most vulnerable when you’ve just scored and that is the case here as Tobias Muller gives away a penalty around 15 minutes later another penalty.. St Pauli convert again we go for the game throwing a extra striker on but it isn’t enough. 
LlzId4V.jpg

On reflection it would be nice to go for a good cup run but we can really focus on the league now. 

Edited by TX-18

Match day 15 

Away to Duisburg 15 minutes in and Tom Adeyemi gets his second red card of the season uphill battle from here. We make it to half time 0-0, rally the team together at half time and Makhedjouf scores a thunderbolt from the edge of the box but with 10 minutes to go a shot from the edge of the box which goes through the keepers legs equals the game before a last minute winner 

pZIS3K7.jpg

Transfer activity

Hobans trial finished so I offered him another 4 week trial as he accepted the trial I offered him a contract with him being 2-4 weeks away from being back from injury, I bit the bullet early before competition arrived for him. I delay the transfer for 1 week just to save that extra 5k weekly wage. 

BYeywgQ.jpg

Tarek Chahed is back from injury and has played 6 games so far for 1860 Munich hopefully he’ll hit the 15 mark and make a permanent switch. 

New president 

Florian Hingerl has won the election for the new president and he has no plans to provide the club with any investment at this stage and with the new president they also give a new monthly review no noticeable criticism but another B- 

66YUZIa.jpg
RrHwQEw.jpg

Match day 16 

Today was announced as a fan day and after today’s display I’m sure many fans will be coming back, We welcomed SV Meppen who were yet to record a defeat 10 games have now 4 losses in 5 and have really dropped off. Tom Marshall has a superb shot saved by the SV Meppen keeper but he can only parry it back into his path for a tap in we head in at half time absolutely battering them. Second half continues and Perthel dispossess the opposition and runs half the length of the pitch to put it on a plate for Beck to trickle the ball past the keeper. 5 minutes late Ilicevic cuts in side crosses and finds Ben Marshall to nod home, SV Meppen get a goal back with the only shot on target 69 minutes in and we see out the 3-1 win.

o2kpSWq.jpg

Ask the board for a second senior affiliate, should be back within a month, just before the January transfer window hopefully to make more loans. I also requested more scouts and coaches to be available and all requests were granted. 
RMmRaoX.jpg

Match day 17 

We travel to Preußen Münster hoping to continue a push for the promotion places one game at a time. Münster start the game well and eventually rewarded as Bomheuer turns a cross into his own net unfortunately 37 minutes in. Half time we try to change shape an get back in the game but it’s an evenly split second half and the Own goal is the decider with Preuß Münster probably deserving the win overall. 
pnZ5b94.jpg

Edited by TX-18

Match day 18

We get to the half way point of the season we finish the first half with a really disappointing defeat to Waldhof Mannheim not even registering a single shot on target. 

I53T4FR.jpg

Unfortunately the board returned its verdict of a affiliate club and couldn’t find a suitable club therefore rejected the notion. We remain with one senior affiliate Borussia Dortmund.

Monthly manager review C+ 
Coupld of negatives regarding poor results but happy with the backing of the team.
UndzMwH.jpg

Match day 19

Travelling away to Viktoria Koln a poor clearance leads to a cross and a easy header at the far post to let the hosts go 1-0 up, nothing much happens for us in the first half, a set piece straight after the second half sees Tobias muller equalise but nothing more.

CBZe3yJ.jpg

Match day  20

We go away on our travels again this time to Hallescher FC, Playing Marshall at right back as a attacking fullback and we are off to a flyer 2 minutes in, but pegged back from two headers by Mai a corner then a free kick. We carve some opportunities out but none taken, Hallescher then take a 3-1 lead with a shot from the edge of the box beating the keeper easily, just on the stroke of half time on a counter attack there left back brings down Campos for a second yellow. We go for the game in the second half with them only having 10 men leaving ourselves open later on in the game to put the nail in the coffin 4–1 direct free kick hat trick from tCentre back Sebastian Mai.

IBHjIrc.jpg

League table 20 games 

l0wp9RW.jpg

Match day 21

Home to Eintracht Braunschweig and hopefully we can end this horrid run. We create numerous chance but can’t find a way through in the first half, Ilo Ivicevic picks up a injury Braunschweig go 1 up with a hopeful ball into the box which isn’t defended well at all just before half time. Starting from a goal kick we work the ball from the right eventually over to the left for a cross to back post where Ben Marshall meets the opportunity and smashes it home. 75 minutes in and Bertram fires a free kick towards the front post where Bomheuer gets his first ever goal. From kick off we leave the defence to exposed and Tobias Muller makes a foul inside the penalty area which they convert 2-2 and a share of the spoils. 

26D3pOb.jpg

5 Games without a win form that’s seen us slide down the table hopefully this winter breaks come at the right time. 

Winter break 

Tie down a few players to contracts Möschl, Bertram & Perthel just pushing us over the allocation of wage budget

We bring in Samuel Mulattieri from Inter Milan on a 6 month loan deal aswell as Lammers to bolster the attacking options.

hD6yejs.jpg

Friendly Vs Dortmund 

Revenue and also fitness to some players on the fringe we go to 4-4-2 in this game and we carved a lot of chances but Dortmund had the legs and quality in the end to win this game we made a good account of ourselves. 

sKpJesX.jpg

Friendly Vs Stuttgarter Kickers 

Same line up that started Dortmund game pushing with the 4-4-2 again

6gi5jhX.jpg

1 minute in and Tom Adeyemi slides a through ball for steininger for his first goal (only a friendly) but he needs confidence aHoban scores from a free kick swung into the box, Steiniger Adds a second it fortunately falls to him off a slide tackle to tap home, Perthel smashes a ball over the top and he gets his hat trick now I need to see this form in league games. We concede right on the stroke of half time which is frustrating. Second half is much more even and a corner that’s pinged around our box then tapped in, they then score a penalty straight after before Möschl gets himself sent off with 5 minutes to go and we see out a 4-3 win. Second half collapse was not good enough.

Match day 22

1860 Munich host us for the first game back after the winter break we continue with a 4-4-2 and within 25 seconds we find ourselves 1 down from a Dressel shot from outside the box. Lammers then pulls one back before Marshall curls one from inside th box to put us 2-1 up before a free kicks whipped in and we conced before half time. Directly after half time Marshall scores directly from a free kick before Makhedjouf picks up a knock. We win a penalty and Marshall gets his hat trick to put the game and a horrid run to bed. 

ZGQtZ0H.jpg

Lammers and Makhedjouf have bruised thighs and foot respectively and will probably miss or be benched for the next game. 

Deadline day we offer out Manfred for free as I just want him off the wages as he’s taking up 3.7k and he isn’t getting any game time behind Bertram and Ilo Ilicevic in the pecking order but nothing gets confirmed in time he will leave on a free in the summer.

Match day 23 

FSV Zwickau come to Magdeburg and a superb individual performance from Bertram we hit them in the first minute with Bertram hitting a half volley for the first goal. Bertram fires a superb free kick in between the defenders and goalkeeper for target man Beck to attack and put us 2 up before setting up the 3rd late on from a corner with Bomheuer scoring from the 6 yard box. 

Hoban came off as he picked up a knock and didn’t want to risk any further damage especially with his record for injuries.

fTSSxyX.jpg

Match day 24 

We go away to Kaiserslautern to continue our great turn of form, Gjasula is fouled in the box also pulls his groin and then successfully converts the penalty 33 minutes in and then is instantly subbed. Bertram then scores a fabulous free kick from 25/30 yards. Tom Adeyemi has a volley from the edge of the box blocked but it falls on a plate to Bomheuer and he  taps it in a virtually empty net. Kaiserslautern get a goal back which is closet called offside which means we come away with 3 points and a clean sheet. 

srhZJDC.jpg

Gjasula hip injury sees him out for 3 months which is a huge blow to the side, also probably won’t see him play again as he is getting on and I will look to bring in fresh faces in the summer. 

Chahed loan has been made permanent with him meeting the required appearances therefore triggering the buy clause.

Match day 25 

MDCC-Arena welcomes Hansa Rostock, a player highlighted up in the build up was Omladic and we were hoping to do a job against him today but the Slovenian had other ideas. Hansa Rostock got off to a good start spreading the play to the left before working it into the box for there opening goal before there highlighted danger man scores directly from a free kick just before half time. Even possession we had more chances but coming up short in the final third until Perthel rifled a long shot in the top corner but couldn’t secure the comeback. 2-1 defeat to Hansa Rostock

vxag7A6.jpg

Match day 26 

We go behind at home very early on again as we fail to clear the ball numerous times before they punish us, we then go on to score two goals before half time to take the lead with Makhedjouf scoring from the edge, Juarez plays a nice one two with Beck and he slots it home, it could of actually been 3 - 1 at half time but Hoban had a goal dissallowed we didn’t criticise the ref as it didn’t eventually affect the outcome of the result. Regäsel makes a poor headed clearance and they make a counter attack and Hoban brings down there player in the box which is saved by Behrens. A corner isn’t defended well drops to Makhedjouf slides a through ball inside the box for Möschl to smash past the keeper but the scoring doesn’t stop there as Osawe gets on back minutes late for KFC Uerdingen, timo Perthel surges into the box and forces the ball into the bottom corner to give us slight breathing space but not for long as Osawe runs half the length of the pitch to put the ball in past the keeper to make the last 5 minutes nervy ones but we hold out. Goals galore.

M4uu0jq.jpg

Match day 27

We travel to top of the table Würzburger Kickers who are taking the league by storm. Bertram nods a cross down to Lammers who slots the ball into the corner to put us 1 up, 5 minutes later Regäsel trips a player in the box before Behrens saves our skin again. Wurzburger could feel hard done by as they didn’t just have one goal disallowed but two as two goals from free kicks were judged to be offside and we see out a one nil win and give Würzburger only there 4th defeat of the season.

DWVPqIF.jpg

Monthly Review

No major concerns just slight concerns in certain results and some finances. Review: B

3I6gOSA.jpg

Hoban injury, a reoccurring dislocated shoulder. Sent to the specialist to try and fix the reoccurring injury for good but this is his 3rd Dislocated Shoulder and we knew the risk when signing him. 

mpgiAGe.jpg

Match day 28 

Chemitzer FC

A cross to the very back post and Bomheuer heads from a very acute angle to get us up and running in the match, Half an hour gone and Adeyemi intercepts a wayward pass in the middle of the park threads a through ball to Lammers who slots it in the bottom corner, after the break things got from bad to worse as Chemitzer’s right back Sirigu got a second yellow. Cruising through the game a long ball over the top from Prießinger to Steininger who tucks it under the keeper for his first league goal. Prießinger who carved out many key chances with his passing named man of the match.  

7lnPDRN.jpg

Training facilities upgrade 

Taking small steps forward upgrading facilities, Youth recruitment and increasing the scouting are all small steps for the bigger picture. 

oUwHIf9.jpg

Match day 29

Travel to SpVgg Unterhaching and 2 minutes in a hopeful long ball from the back has beat the defensive line Beck finishes into the top corner giving the keeper no chance. Straight after the break they equalise from a throw in and squared across the box for a simple finish then taking the lead from a free kick lumped into the box it was down to Steininger to grab the equaliser with only minutes to go for only his second of the season.

gnElW8C.jpg

Match day 30

We want revenge on Carl Zeiss Jena and that is what we got in the form of Bertram. 7 minutes in he started the scoring after Beck squared the ball across the box for him to slot home with his Right foot. 50 minutes in and he meets the cross with his head at the far post to put us 2 up, plucking out a cross with a deft touch then a Left footed finish into the corner finishes the perfect hat trick for Bertram. Jena hit back immediately as we get complacent and 75 minutes in Beck has a chance to put his name on the score sheet from the spot but hits the outside of the post and the game finishes 3-1.

z6BYEkq.jpg

Match day 31 

Ingolstadt 

Lammers whips a ball to the edge of the box and Adeyemi strikes it on the volley and it flies in, Kutschke plays a perfectly weighted ball for Kaya on the stroke of half time to spoil the half time team talk. Lammers turns from creator to scorer as a deflected Beck shot landed at his feet but Kaya in the 93rd minute spoils the show and steals a point for Ingolstadt with a lovely one two on the edge of the box before placing it in the corner of the goal. 

dRG5gRP.jpg

League table

aT0tl9D.jpg

Pleased with the turn in form since the winter break, would like to try keep pace with Hallescher FC and possibly nip the last automatic promotion place but would be happy with the play offs, 4th/5th place is a achievement in the boards eyes this season, but the table is tight from 2nd to 9th. At the other end of the table it looks like the bottom 3 clubs are in big trouble whilst numerous clubs battle to avoid that last relegation place.

Match day 32 

Bertram the man in form, gets us off to a good start then from a free kick forces a good save from the keeper which is mopped up by defender Bomheuer we piled on the pressure and hit the woodwork 4 times Bayern Munich II got a goal back as we see out the last 20 minutes. 

vyMIWcl.jpg

Match day 33 

Whilst we travel to Sonnenhof Großaspach one way traffic for most of the first half without finding a way through, midfielder Makhedjouf drives into the box 66 minutes into the game and cannons a shot past the keeper for the only goal of the game in a one sided contest. 
hskbpPm.jpg

Wurzburger Kickers had the opportunity to seal promotion place this match week but lost to Ingolstadt, they will seal it and the title in the next 5 games surely and they’ve thoroughly deserved it this season. 

Match day 34

We host Duisburg with a few injuries to centre back and a suspension Tobias Muller has to play through this one with injections. Lammers has a goal disallowed literally before the whistle could go for half time Beck managed to nod home the first goal of the game an his tenth of the season we double our lead from a corner with Bomheuer heading home 69 minutes in and that takes all 3 points including a clean sheet.  
FZfp1TL.jpg

Had the tough choice to give Muller another set of injections or risk the last 4 games with Bomheuer one yellow away from suspension I decided to let him recover from injury. 

Match day 35 

A injury to RB Yanni Regäsel means a very unorthodox back 4 with Ben Marshall featuring at right back once again and it’s him who carved open the first goal with a ball to Bertram who’s free at the back post. Beck presses there centre back into a mistake and rifles the ball into the back of the net from 20 yards out, 5 minutes later the hosts claw one back but we hit back instantly through Lammers the hosts fight on an pull another one back bringing it to 3-2 in the 84th minute we get a goal disallowed then finally wrap the game up in the 94th minute with a brace for Beck ending the game 4-2. 

9R8Hx72.jpg

That win takes us to 10 unbeaten and 4 wins on the bounce.

Table

35 games in the run in for the last play off spot or mission impossible for the title? 

Promotion is all I’m aiming for. 

ioXCHe3.jpg

Knock on the boards door and ask to Improve Youth facilities, Search for senior affiliate and more scouts. All notions accepted. Club is stepping in the right direction. 

kOg5K2R.jpg

Match day 36

SC Prueßen Münster and we fall behind early on, we finally make a break through thanks to a corner put on the money for Bomheuer it seemed like it was going to be one of them days as Beck had a goal disallowed for being marginally offside but Beck got his moment 6 minutes later when sub Steininger made a driving run into the box before teeing the ball up for Beck to head home for the winning goal. 

3mdMRAL.jpg

Results from Match day 36 

Elsewhere defeats for Hallescher FC bridges a gap for us of 5 points play off spot can still be won by Eintracht Braunschweig and Ingolstadt in 4th and 5th retrospectively also Würzburger Kickers lose again with 2 games to go who are 5 points ahead in the table.

AAsM7WA.jpg