Set Piece Instructions

davebrown90

Firstly, I am new to the forums here, and I couldn't figure out the search properly, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

If you have a team where you rotate players frequently, and have the players with various attributes for different roles for set pieces. I would like to be able to assign roles for the attributes. For example, when designing my set pieces, I would set "best header of ball - Attack near post", "Second best header - Attack far post", "Player with best long shots - Lurk outside area". Each instruction for a set piece you could set these parameters and the players (or assistant) would then assign the player roles for each set piece automatically.

Another feature I would like is to add multiple set piece tactics, and you can assign them to different scenarios in the game, instead of having to go into tactics and changing the set pieces being used. For example, if there are 10 minutes left in a game and you are winning by 1 goal, the team will automatically adjust to your more defensive style of set piece. It would be more realistic (professional teams work on multiple set pieces during the week, then use them in games and the players make the decisions on when to use them). Especially when changing formations to chase a game, your target man of a striker ends up being on the halfway line for a corner in the last minute because of this. You can also then set things such as having the goalkeeper go forward for corners in the last couple of minutes if you need a goal

22 hours ago, davebrown90 said:

Firstly, I am new to the forums here, and I couldn't figure out the search properly, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

If you have a team where you rotate players frequently, and have the players with various attributes for different roles for set pieces. I would like to be able to assign roles for the attributes. For example, when designing my set pieces, I would set "best header of ball - Attack near post", "Second best header - Attack far post", "Player with best long shots - Lurk outside area". Each instruction for a set piece you could set these parameters and the players (or assistant) would then assign the player roles for each set piece automatically.

Another feature I would like is to add multiple set piece tactics, and you can assign them to different scenarios in the game, instead of having to go into tactics and changing the set pieces being used. For example, if there are 10 minutes left in a game and you are winning by 1 goal, the team will automatically adjust to your more defensive style of set piece. It would be more realistic (professional teams work on multiple set pieces during the week, then use them in games and the players make the decisions on when to use them). Especially when changing formations to chase a game, your target man of a striker ends up being on the halfway line for a corner in the last minute because of this. You can also then set things such as having the goalkeeper go forward for corners in the last couple of minutes if you need a goal

Can't upvote this enough.

• 1 year later...