Default Skin for Widescreen Laptops (1280x800)

K`oTiC

Hi,

I have made a clone of the default template for Football Manager 2008 to fix the scrollbar issue on player profiles with laptops with a widescreen resolution of 1280x800 pixels when you play the game in windowed mode.

Example,

Before:

beforejz4.th.jpg

After:

demokt7.th.jpg

All I have done is remove the titles 'Technical Attributes', 'Physical Attributes' and 'Mental Attributes' off of the player profile screen, so it was just a simple workaround.

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?vim3cj4ejo4

Instructions - Just extract/copy the contents of the zip file into your 'My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Skins' folder, and then change your skin to 'FM 2008 Widescreen' in the game preferences.

Please feel free to distribute this as freely as you wish, though if you submit it to another website please give credit.

This is my first and perhaps last attempt at making a skin, because I'm lazy and because I've already done with it what I wanted :) I may (if I have time) find a way to fix the manager's home page too, which also has scrollbars ruining it.

I should also add that the game may still need to be forced into windowed mode, to do this;

1- Right click on the shortcut to FM 2008 and go to properties.

2- Under 'Target' add -small_screen to the end, for example;

......."C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen

3- Run the game, then untick the option to run the game in full screen in preferences under display settings. The game should now run in a window, and with this skin will display player attributes properly.

Archived