Quitting the game makes the whole screen go black

Yeah. I know it's a kinda dumb title, but... when I quit the game, the screen goes black. And that's kinda it. The good ol' ctrl+alt+del won't do a thing and since I'm kinda impatient, I've restarted the computer after a couple of minutes.

It's probably something obvious, but still. Bought the recently (via Steam) and just started it twice. When I did quit the game, the screen just went black. I know I'm repeating, but I wish there was some technical babble to add.

- This is the first time any Steam game has done so

- Running a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

- Prolly in a thread I didn't find.

- I just managed to stop playing OTTP and FM and slowly realized that my wife is pregnant and I really should get a life, so of course I find out that the game I bought three times is back. And via Steam I can just buy it once. Yay.

- Oh yeah. Running it on windowed mode and haven't really touched the settings since I downloaded it.

Plus the game should have a feature that kinda never lets you forget the year 1995 World Championships. Just because.

Uh... Did I post this in the wrong place? Am I just shouting alone here?

Anywho. The problem hasn't gone away. When I quit the game, the screen goes all black for about 15 minutes or so. Then the game just... uh...quits and gives me the "These-are-the-Steam-games-you-should-buy"-advert. Just curious that is this a common issue and what have I f'd up?

The strangest thing is that sometimes it quits just normally (2 or 3 times) and on other times the-screen-goes-black (10 times or so).

So yeah. Free hugs to anyone who cares to respond.

Archived