Was wondering...has anyone ever seen this?

I've never seen streakers, ref's getting injured, matches been abandoned due to the weather, crowd trouble at games, players collapsing to death or the ball bursting. But I have in real life.

I thought about some of these before. Streakers don't tend to happen anymore and unless you get 3D full frontal, I can't see the point. The crowd trouble is a tricky one. Because the powers that be are cracking down on it, it would be a bit awkward for the game to choose a side that has problems. It sheds the club in a poor light regardless of the fact it is just a game. Same goes for players dying. Having Ronaldo or Henry collapsing with an undiagnosed brain tumor doesn't add much to the game! The poor weather one is a good idea though. Especially in lower leagues in colder climates. Balls don't burst anymore and who cares if the ref gets injured.

Another idea, bearing in mind players of today, court cases such as Joey Barton and RVP when he tried to get his fingers in the till in Amsterdam etc. Also incidents with lengthy bans like Cantona in days of old. What about questioning the 4th ref? Getting sent to the stands yourself!

Archived