AI's valuation of players

I really think there is something wrong with the way AI values players, since i can always get team full of ridiculously high skilled players through trading and just go run and gun tactic to outscore every team and get over 80% winrate. Did the same in EHM 07 too. AI will give up ANY player who is not untouchable for combination of these: crap stat prospect who for some reason is valued at 4 stars, depth player, aging core player and/or a 1-3rnd draft pick. AI will even trade away the #1 overall pick they just got from draft with huge star potential and great starting stats for an average core player and rights to some other crap dude with atleast 3 stars.

It seems the reputation system in the game is the biggest factor in this. For example: With Coyotes, i got Vladimir Tarasenko (at age 23) via trade from Blues (he was valued at 4 stars???) for Martin Erat (33, aging core) and John Moore (24, average regular). He had the most points and goals after last season and is leading in goals and points this season after 51 games and he didnt even get picked for all star game?? His rep is "only" very good now, but i would think the guy who is leading in points gets picked for all stars?

I checked all players and youngest Star rep player is Stamkos at 26. Superb level youngest is 24 so i guess there is age level for these. Don't know if winning the Stanley Cup or major international tourny is a factor in this.

i am in my third season now and going for gold with the 80%wins. First season i was dead last, second season got eliminated in first round of playoffs. Oh, and i also managed to acquire A. Radulov after he declined contract from CSKA. I thought he would never accept NHL contract.

Archived