European Challenge League on FM13

timburtstrings

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF THE LUXEMBOURG FA

We have today reached an agreement with FIFA and UEFA to host a small league of Micro State and Small Dependency based clubs. It has come to light after watching our own league and nation struggle for years that some communities in europe are missing a direct opportunity to take advantage of their popularity and population within Football. As it stood many teams from the faroe islands, andorra, luxembourg, san marino and liechtenstein were battling at the lower reaches of European Competition. Also, small dependencies like the isle of man in Britain and small marginalised peoples like Northern Cypriots, the Basques or the Kosovans have the capacity to form a major team. After Consultation with FIFA and UEFA we are excited today to announce the liquidation of our National League system, we do this to create a new league. It will be called the European Micro States and Small Dependencies League or The European Challenge League for short.

Here's how it will work. The league will comprise of 11 teams from across Europe, (2 from Luxembourg) who will play each other 4 times a year in a 40 game season. there will be a champion and no relegation, there will be a cup competition alongside. A healthy 14 million awaits the winner! As all the teams are new incarnations we have allowed players from the old Luxembourg League to find new homes in our new teams.

Lets meet the teams:

Birkarkara Zoln, from Malta

Donostia Euskadi Futbol Taldea, from the Basque Bountry

Ellan Footy, from the Isle Of Man

GaziSpor, from Famagusta in turkish Cyprus

Il San Marino, from San Marino

Jeunesse Esch, from Luxembourg

Kosovoner, from Pristina, Kosovo

Racing Andorra, from Andorra

Royale Luxembourg Esportif, from Luxembourg

SK Tórshavn, from the Faroe Islands

Team Liechtenstein, from Liechtenstein.

The league is seen as a real opportunity to add some much needed competition in European Football. With these teams having a larger platform in this competition to succeed at a higher level than if they were in their own countries league. Many new coaches have already shown up for jobs as managers; Michael Ballack, Fotso Geremi, Christian Ziege and Henrik Larsson to name a few. We hope that in 10 years we have improved our European coefficients and our teams are participating consistently in the european competitions group stages. Now a word from SK Tórshavn Manager and one of our founding members; Ji-Shin Ferniz Dorgando.

5 years ago when i called time on my career due to injury i had a chance meeting in Edinburgh, Scotland with Russel Latapy. We ended up talking politics, as russel does and we got onto the topic of small dependencies in europe. As we talked politics one thing become clear, these places were big an they have a huge amount of pride in their belonging. Our eyes lit up when we mentioned football. We weren't thinking clearly or objectively that night but we mused on how these places were legitimately big enough to host a major European Football Club. Some months later i was in the Faroe Islands with Remi Garde and Alvaro Recoba doing a coaching seminar when i met Kreg Kauer a local business magnate. He and i had a lunch and because i was there the memory came back and i started discussing it with him. What became clear from Kreg was that there are plenty of quality young players coming through the game now, even in small places like the Faroe Islands. He said he'd seen 4 messi's and a Cafu slip through European Football because amateur Faroese Football is so disregarded. 4 and a half years on after running with an idea, here we are. Im so proud to be manager of SK Tórshavn but im also proud of being part of the formation of something wonderful. This year I will be rooting for our teams in the European Competitions and i hope they root for us! Thanks

End of Press Release

Any suggestions tips would be helpful, id like it if i could have the teams enter further in`to the qualifiers than what the Luxembourg league has it too...any hints

Archived