FM14 Regens - new patch bug?

I just started a new save as Chelsea, using the new update and I've noticed that there seems to be a few issues with the regens. When the regen date came along, I had a look at my intake and the best quality I got was a 2.5 star. I know you cant expect to get quality all the time, but I expected better than this seeing as Chelsea facilities are top of the range. Anyway, to solve this problem, I went in search for regens, looking at all the clubs that are known for producing talent. This is where my next issue came up. The likes of man utd, arsenal, and Liverpool had all only received 2 regens each in their intake. WTF!!! so I decided to look abroad. I took a look at milan, juve, psg etc, and had the same problem, 2 regens each. Its ridiculous!! (and yes I do have all the major leagues as playable). To make matters worse, there were teams in the second or third tier, who had 15+ players joining them when they aren't even playable teams!! what the hell is the point? So I tried a new tactic, I tried raiding clubs like Southampton and west ham, who had a few half decent players, just to build an U18 squad, but then the next problem arose. I tried signing 7 players, from 4 different clubs, all with lower reputation, and not a single 1 was interested in even having talks. Really? Really? There was even a guy from crewe who said no, which really adds insult to injury.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, I know its abit long lol. Just wondered if anyone else is having any of these problems? Or can anyone shed some light onto why its happening and how to solve it? Im pretty sure its down to the update as on my previous save, I was Brentford and signing quality youngsters from all over the place!

Thank you if you've read all this lol, and please please help! :)

Archived