FM13: Étienne Capoue

mojojojo101

capoue.jpg

Name: Étienne Capoue

Nationality: French

Age at the start of the game: 24

Position(s): Defender (Centre) / Defensive Midfielder / Midfielder (Centre) - Toulouse FC

Value: £5.25m

Sale Value: £13m (Release Clause)

Étienne Capoue (born 11/7/1988) is a French Defensive Midfielder currently playing for Toulouse in Ligue 1.

Étienne joined Toulouse's youth set up in 2006 and made his début for the club in a 1-0 win over Lille, with his first start coming the following week away to PSG, a game Toulouse won 2-1. He went on to make his début in European competition on the 19th of December against Spartak Moscow. He scored his first goal for the club on the 18 of October 2008 in a 2-1 defeat to Bordeaux. He has played at U18, U19, U21 and senior level for the French national team, with his senior début coming against Uruguay on the 15th of August 2012 and his first goal coming against Belarus on the 11th of September, as of writing he has 5 caps.

During the 2008 season his consistent performances alongside Étienne Didot and fellow youth team graduate Moussa Sissoko saw him nominated for Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year award, which he lost out on to Eden Hazard, he was also named in the UNFP Ligue 1 team of the Year in the 11-12 season.

In Football Manager:

This is his profile at the start of the game:

capoue2012cut.jpg

as well as his Information tab:

capoue2012infocut.jpg

He's perfectly capable of playing any of the roles as a defensive midfielder and has been a very capable performer for me as both a Centre Back and Ball Playing Defender as well as filling in capably higher up the pitch as a Ball-Winning midfielder.

Although he does have the 'Gets Forward Whenever Possible' PPM, which may cause certain people to run a mile, I have in the past had no trouble getting rid of it, in my most recent save though I played to it as a strength and it's worked pretty nicely.

Archived