[FM 2013] Just Kicking The Ball.

Orient1996

2dtrh2p.png

“The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does.”

― Phil Woosnam

Hello there, I am Orient1996 and I am attempting a Career Game. I have only tried one before, but that was a major fail so I starting off on a blank page. With only the English League loaded, my major draw was the FA Cup and the wonders of playing a major team and also the fact that my last career game, I didn't know who half the players were.

My Manager is called ELLIOT BYRNE and has a Sunday League Reputation

I am going to start with a few simple rules:

1) I will not manager 2 teams at the same time, If in charge of a club, I resign before going to a nation and vice-versa.

2) I will pay and sell players for realistic prices, not 60 random millions.

So Here I go, Wish me luck.

Eventually

uydc0.png

SOUTHEND UNITED

34ijv35.png

116ku9w.jpg

Southend United Football Club is an English football club based at Roots Hall Stadium, Prittlewell, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, who play in Football League Two. Their home ground is Roots Hall, and the club plan to move into a new 22,000-seater stadium located at Fossetts Farm. They are known as "The Shrimpers", a reference to the area's maritime industry.

The club has had three stadia: the Kursaal, the Greyhound Park, and the rented Writtle Street. After many years of good service, the club moved to a renovated amusement park on the Kursaal and played there until 1955 and their current stadium Roots Hall. Roots Hall was the club's first stadium and was built on a council landfill purchased in 1952.

It took ten years to fully complete the building of Roots Hall. The first game was played on 20 August 1955, a 3–1 Division Three (South) victory over Norwich City

FIRST TEAM

ac7w1s.png

2nhnh9d.png

KEY PLAYERS

PAUL SMITH - A veteran keeper who has played for Nottingham Forest and Southampton and is highly consistent and will need to be on top form to help save the club from relegation.

BRADLEY PRITCHARD - On-loan from Charlton, the central-midfielder is relatively young at 26 but has experience.

Our first Game is against Aldershot at home and some more good news, we are still in the FA Cup playing Doncaster in the second round. :)

November 2012

2q0subn.png

24pcpcg.png

Joining mid-way through the month, I knew it was going to be hard and I thought the team did very well. We were cheated out of a win in the first game with the opposition getting a 90th minute penalty.

339t5bd.png

The FA proving my point. A great comeback from 3-1 down vs Bradford showed our team's character and ended the month without a defeat in charge, a good stepping stone.

In other news

1rq7b6.png

A good income with the TV tie so that'll be good.

December 2012

2mms6xt.png

10cvms3.png

A good month, with 4 victories in the league. Starting off in the FA Cup against Doncaster, we were extraordinarily lucky, with Doncaster missing several open goals, so much so that I was surprised that the luck didn't mean we won the game, but it was a good performance. We got our first win over Chesterfield and almost completed a dream comeback versus Rotherham, being 5-2 down with 5 minutes left. We moved up the table and I have a chance to buy in the transfer window.

January 2013

20h6bfs.png

35kivqd.png

Another good month has helped us move up the table to 16th. A couple of good performances gave us wins but the defeats were disappointing.

TRANSFER WINDOW

A quiet transfer window saw us only bring in JOE JACKSON, a striker, on loan from Burnley. He has been brought in after Freddy Eastwood got an injury that would rule him out for 5 months.

xdfjfm.png

I am also attempting to bring a few players in from new Parent Club, Liverpool.

March 2013

1ynzgi.png

e0hfr.png

A tough month and one in which we did very well. The downside was a poor defeat to Oxford in a very important game but we thrashed Bristol Rovers on the TV game which was great. I had brought in Jason Scotland and Frederic Piquionne before the Rovers game and Piquionne made his debut and scored 2 which is great. We are relatively close to the playoffs and although it is unlikely, we are not out if the running just yet and how much a promotion could do us good, finance wise, is massive.

Youth Intake

2va096a.png

A very good youth intake, with some great players coming through.

Tommy Bray

15qrlg6.png

Kaan Lawson

24q4v2a.png

Other News

In a time where money is very important, this guy is not helping.

53o8kl.png

The course costs 6k, which could give me a good wage budget, so disappointing. Better complete it. No pressure...

Archived