My condensed and very general FM '11 playing guide.

As I have previously stated in past posts, I am not a tactics expert. However, I believe in passing along any knowledge that I may have, in an attempt to assist others. In the past week I have attempted to reduce all of my accumulated FM information to a workable minimum. I now have, at least, I think that I have, a handy little guide to assist in the playing and enjoying of FM '11. If any of it is incorrect, I would appreciate the likes of heathxxx, Millie, Cleon and wwfan and any one else who may know better, to correct me. Right, here goes.

Strong favourites [H] = start as attack. Slight favourites [H] = control. No favourite [H] = standard. Slight underdogs [H] = standard. Strong underdogs [H] = counter.

Strong favourites [A] = control. Slight favourites [A] = standard. No favourite [A] = standard. Slight underdogs [A] = standard. Strong underdogs [A] = defence.

Long pitch = drop deeper, direct passing. Short pitch = push up, shorter passing. Narrow pitch = play wider, through the middle. Wide pitch = play narrower, down the wings. Small pitch = faster tempo. Large pitch = slower tempo.

Windy weather, shorter passing, slower tempo. Wet weather, more direct, faster tempo.

Ther we have it. It may not be of university degree standard but I have found it to be a pretty handy and quick reference to apply while still being able to watch a 3d match., without having to stop and refer back to TT&F. Although I still re-read that manual continually. It is invaluable and is a must read for all gamers. Kind regards to all.

Archived