Advice With Corners Please

Can anyone give me any advice on good corner tactics?

I usually put them on the near post for my centre back who managed to score 7 times in a season

However now we are completely useless from corners, I mean dreadful. The only chances we ever get from corners are where it goes along the floor to the centre back at the near post who drills it into the side netting or they header out and hit us on the break.

All my corner taker ever seems to do is play a very poor mid height ball just infront of my centre back at the near post who can barely do anything other than hit it wide or control it and be forced out the box

I've switched to 6 yard box and far post corners now but still nothing helps. I haven't got too bad headers of the ball and my corner taker is 14 and naturally I chose him as he is the best taker in my team.

Anyone got any brilliant corner tactics to share? I can only think of 3 goals from a corner for us in the last 2 and a half years!

P.S I'm not playing as Arsenal before you ask.

What i do is:-

Set all corners to be crossed into the far post. Get the player in your team with the best heading to attack the far post. The player with the next best heading to stand on the far post. The player with the 3rd best heading to Challenge the Keeper. Ideally, you want all of your corners to be in-swinging however this is not essential.

Using this method (which i used to use in FM10) has netted me many goals and sometimes your defenders will even score hat-tricks from it.

Hope this helps.

Archived