[FM11] 4-2-4...Something that works for me...

Up until recently, FM11 has proved a real challenge for me. Winning matches and scoring goals was incredibly difficult. That is until I struck on an idea I hadn't considered before. It's pretty simple really...I am not some sort of tactical genius. So massive micromanagement of sliders is beyond my effort. It mainly revolves around getting the right players to fit the roles I set up.

Let's start off with the link, so that you don't have to bother reading through the rest of it if you don't care:

http://www.mediafire.com/?50ybsaa7zaaraaa

Let me explain a bit about it. I came upon the idea while playing as Aston Villa on a network game. I started off at Birmingham, but got sacked and then took over Villa for the final 10 or so games. Over the course of the next season, things went okay, nothing special, 10th place in the EPL, Runners Up in the FA Cup, I managed to achieve at least the minimum that was asked. One word of caution, I don't think this would be a particularly great tactic for a bottom of the table team (maybe I'm wrong, feel free to try it out). But having tested it with a relatively mid-table team in Aston Villa, and currently playing through a save with Arsenal, I can tell you that it works great for me. Currently in the third season, and after altering the tactics slightly, things are going a LOT better. Currently in 4th place. Fighting for the title. Won the League Cup. Although I lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup in a close game.

I always provide a challenge to the so called "big" teams now. Something I struggled to do before. I managed 12 consecutive victories in the EPL, and remained undefeated in around 15-20 games.

Before you ask, I will give you an idea of my current team with Aston Villa in 2012/13 that I am using with this tactic:

GK - David De Gea

RB - Seamus Coleman

CB - Ciaran Clark/Vincent Kompany/James Collins

CB - Richard Dunne/Curtis Davies

LB - Stephen Warnock

CM - Stephen Ireland/Steve Sidwell

CM - Nigel Reo-Coker/Darron Gibson

AMR - Alexis Sanchez

AML - Ashley Young

CF - Gabby Agbonlahor/Tulio de Melo

CF - Nathan Delfouneso/Gabby Agbonlahor

I won't bother to explain much about how this tactic "works". You can pretty much see what the idea is just by taking a look at it. Like I said, there's no slider alterations made beyond what you choose from the drop-down menus. Except for the making it a little more direct, and reducing the time-wasting. So if anyone actually bothers to try this tactic out, feel free to tweak and mess with it all you like, maybe you can improve it. But after managing to score 54 and concede 50 in Season 2, changing to this tactic has seen me score around 70 goals (not sure the exact number) after 30 games, and conceded just 25.

Maybe some people will consider this too "simple" to be considered a real tactic. Well, maybe it is, but then it also provides users a real chance to mould it into their own style. It's not a spoon-fed, intricate, fancy tactic, but it works (for me at least) :p

Anyway...uh...since this is the first one I've done, not really sure what else to say. Let me know what you think and feel free to give some feedback. But don't bash it, constructive criticism is welcome. Feel free to ask me some questions about it if you want.

Wow okay, I uploaded the wrong tactic, just noticed :p I have 2 small variations on the same tactic that have very similar names

Having a rough time with this so far...

This is the one you I meant to upload, but if you already downloaded the first one and it works for you, feel free to keep using it :p

Wow okay, I uploaded the wrong tactic, just noticed :p I have 2 small variations on the same tactic that have very similar names

Having a rough time with this so far...

This is the one you I meant to upload, but if you already downloaded the first one and it works for you, feel free to keep using it :p

Invalid or Deleted File.

secound game

Torino [0 - 4] Fiorentina

Good tactic ;)

Archived