Stenhouse who?

Leo30

Mr Andrew Green (33) has been appointed manager of Scottish 3rd division Stenhousemuir. Green who is an unknown manager and has more experience on the rugby field than football. The trend of rugby fans transferring to football set by Sir Clive Woodward.

Green was shown to the fans this morning and is eager to make a good impression with the fans. At the press conference today Green made reference to the poor financial situation of the club and also the ambition of the board as the main reasons for choosing Stenhousemuir.

Green has no football management experience and the fans will be waiting to see what impression he has.

The chance of success looks remote for Green with no transfer money and a high wage bill to contend with.

Mr Andrew Green (33) has been appointed manager of Scottish 3rd division Stenhousemuir. Green who is an unknown manager and has more experience on the rugby field than football. The trend of rugby fans transferring to football set by Sir Clive Woodward.

Green was shown to the fans this morning and is eager to make a good impression with the fans. At the press conference today Green made reference to the poor financial situation of the club and also the ambition of the board as the main reasons for choosing Stenhousemuir.

Green has no football management experience and the fans will be waiting to see what impression he has.

The chance of success looks remote for Green with no transfer money and a high wage bill to contend with.

Friday 15th July

Andrew Green makes his first signing for Stenhousemuir today, Darlington reserve winger Dale Mendumis delighted at signing a 1 year deal and is awaiting in anticipation his call up for first team action.

22nd July

Dundee Reserve striker Henry Brown becomes Andrew Green's 3rd signing in a week. Green is pleased with this capture and has commented that this lad is for the future.

Green is said to be monitoring the team closely over the next couple of weeks as some players may have to leave in a bid to balance the books.

Not knowing much about Stenhousemuir or Scotland to be honest I decided that I would leave my pre-season friendlies up to my inherited Assistant Manager.

Our first game was a win 2-1 against Arsenal, I hear gasps of surprise amongst you all, but I need to point out it was only the reserve team, however it was a win against a big club.

My excitement of the prospect of managing such a capable club were soon brought back to earth with an almight bang watching from the stands as we suffer a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Sheffield United. Things turn from bad to worse as we suffer a humilating defeat against non league Tayport 2-0, and another loss soon followed with a 2-0 defeat against Oxford. We manage to go into the 3rd division season with a 3-2 win over Gretna.

I wonder whether I have decided to do the right thing, who knows, my fate is in my teams hand. Hope its not to stressful, I'm a bag of nerves.

The season opens on the 30th July 2005 and we have a challenge cup 1st round tie at home against 3rd division rivals East Fife.

The score remains 0-0 at full time and a penalty shoot out looks like the mostly likely event until Dale Mendum scores on his first league debut to stop the nail biting affair.

I was disappointed that we had no wrapped the game up in normal time with a total of 16 shots compared to our opponents 2. The referee thought that Christmas happens in July as he showed an unbelivable 12 cards which resulted in 2 East Fife players be shown the dressing room early in extra time.

A win in my first full match what a start.

August 2005

The league fixtures start and our first match is at home against Montrose there is a new striking formation with the names of Collymore and Brown on the tip of Stenhousemuir fans. Both new signings brought in at the start of the season and both with none or very little league experience. Montrose were to feel the full brunt of this new strike force with Collymore netting a goal and Brown getting his name on the score sheet twice. Final score 3-1 Stenhousemuir. A perfect start and we sit nicely top of the league, yeah I know only 1 match has gone.

9th August 2005 - League Cup 1st Round V Ayr. This would really show me how good the team was as we faced 2nd division Ayr at their pitch. A quite game with both teams having the opportunity to open the scoring was all that could be commented on until Henry Brown fires the underdogs into the next round. My first taste of giant killing.

13th August 2005 - Home V East Stirling not much to comment on as a bore 0-0 draw took place.

20th August 2005 - Away V Berwick. Lee Collymore had been pretty quiet so I was ecstatic when he notched 2 quick goals in as we defeat Berwick 2-1.

23rd August 2005 - Away V Inverness . Our award for knocking our Ayr was a trip to Inverness. Inverness a premiership side was always favourite to win this match so the 1-0 defeat was a pleasing result. We played in front of a massive vrowd of 2,046 which is alot larger than the average 300 or so we get at home. I loved the atmosphere and thought one day I will manage a premiership side.

27th August - Away V Elgin. The games were coming thick and fast and the players were slowly starting to adapt to the few changes that I had made. Neither side were unable to break the deadlock and the scores remain 0-0.

30th Agust - Challenge Cup 2nd Round V Peterhead. Peterhead another 2nd division side were up for the fight and were determined that they were not going to suffer defeat against a lower league club. A crowd of 530 people turned up to see us suffer a 2-0 defeat.

Andy Green's first month in charge has been an exciteable and offers the Stenhousemuir something to cheer about, the team is currently lying in 2nd position with it all to play for. The strike partnership is working well and the youngsters will be attracting higher league clubs soon theres no doubt about that.

September 2005

We have a well deserved rest until the 10th September when we host Cowdenbeath Lee Collymore gets on the score sheet again as we are held to a 1-1 draw.

East Fife were the home side on the 17th September, but home advantage did not stop them getting thrashed 4-1 with Collymore and a superb hatrick from Henry Brown.

Albion Rovers then faced us at home and a wonderful 3-3 draw was played out goals flooding in after half time, with Mercer andyes you've guessed it, Collymore and Brown.

Runaway leaders Arbroath was our next opponents and I want to forget this game as quickly as possible we were awful, we might as well have not bothered to turn up. 3-0 defeat my/our worst performance.

Andrew Green comments "Things are good here at the moment Arbroath are the team every one needs to beat, we are holding our own, we're in 3rd place and sitting comfortably. We are no pushovers and things are going to plan. I appreciate that the board are concerned with the financial situation due to the slightly high wage bill, but that will sort it self out in time, I am confident we can bounce back after that last defeat and get our season back on track, it is a minor blip thats all, all teams have them."

October 2005

The month of October sees us host Berwick on the 1st. Its another draw and we are on a run of 3 matches without a win, my worse run so far as manager.

The international game results us in having a week off and the players are so relieved as the games have been coming thick and fast. We travel to Queens Park and net a surpirse win,

I use the word surpirse as neither Collymore or Brown geton the score sheet for the 3rd mathch, is this what you call a mini goal drought?

22nd and we travel to East Stirling and we play out another draw against them this time 1-1 Dale Mendum getting his second goal for the club.

29th and we are on the road again this time to Montrose. We scrape a 1-0 win but its not good news. Henry Brown is injured for a minimum period of 1 month. Its a blow as Collymore the goal scorer will have to get use to playing in attack with somebody else.

Andy Green Comments on the month "Its been a hard month, 3 away games we remain unbeaten in the month 2 wins and 2 draws is not bad going we are falling further behind Arbroath though and thats concerning. Its bad news losing Brown as well, but the club apparently managed without him before I brought him here so its the ideal opportunity for somebody else to show me what I have been missing. I am also aware that the jury is still out on my management of the club, we are 15 matches into the season and the press are already commenting on the slow progress that the club has made. I mean they state I have not brought in any major players, but who are Collymore and Brown, you wouldn't want to face them week in week out, we don't need big players here, I'm going for youth and determination, that counts for lots"

I log onto the Scottish FA website to notice that I have finished runner up in the October manager of the month award, damm I though we had a poor month, but I'm pleased with the recognition.

5th November and the fireworks spark as we beat Elgin City 2-1 at home with Collins netting a penalty and Collymore getting the other.

Its another week off until we travel to Cowdenbeath and we gave the fans a game that they wont forget. The final score was 5-4 and it was not in our favour. I'm disapointed as we led 3-1 at half time. Collymore nets a first half hatrick and Collins nets another penalty his second in as many games.

Its our first defeat in 6 games and we need to get back on track quickly especially as league leaders Arbroath travel to us next. The result (2-1 win for us) was overshadowed in the 61 minutes when Lee Collymore had to be stretchered off with a torn calf muscle following a sprint for the ball. Hes likely to be out for 3-5 months. Renwick and McBridge leave it late in rescuing the points for Stenhousemuir..

Andy Green Comments: "Its been an interesting month R/up award and our top scorer gets a major injury its a big blow to us especially as Henry is not fully fit yet, so both our first choice strikers are injured. We have produced 2 good wins this month and been involved in a 9 goal thriller that we shouldn't have lost we are still in 3rd and will be looking to maintain our good form going into December."

I get called into the Board Room and I am presented with another runnerup manager of the month award for November. Theres also good news for Collymore as he gets runner up for young player. Its a little compensation over his injury.

The month opens with an away fixture against Albion Rovers and we fail to perform against our lowly opposition and suffer a rather embarrasing 1-0 defea.

10th December sees us travel to Morton in the Scottish Cup 2nd Round and we fail to get out of the starting blocks and go down 3-0 against our higher league opposition. The only benefit of the game was the £20,000 prize money, although we could do with a little more being injected into the club.

12th December and Henry Brown returns to full training following his 1 month on the sidelines, he has been a good asset to the club netting 7 goals in 16 appearances.

The news gets better for Stenhousemuir fans as they quickly tie up the contracts of Lee Collymore and Lee Collins until 2007.

17th December 2005 - Home V East Fife. We are involved in a 10 goal thriller with Henry Brown netting 4 goals in his first match following his injury. I hope he maintains this form and its pleasing to note that Colin Cramb gets his first goal for the club, and he knows that he is only temporary replacement for Collymore unless he finds the net more often.

Robbie Henderson signs a contract until 2007 and Andy Green makes a surprise free signing from Cowdenbeath in the name of Robert Downs who has limited first team experience.

Boxing Day and the players looked like they were suffering from major hang overs as we fail to score against Queens Park and the fans would be dissapointed about the score line of 0-0. We were lucky to get a point and now its 3 league games without a win

Andrew Green comments; "We are struggling at the moment, we have managed to cope without our leading scorers for so long, and we are a little slow in getting forward now and again but I am so glad that the Christmas period is over with and we can get going in the New Year. Lets hope that Stenhousemuir seasons tickets are on the top of everybody's christmas list for next year."

4th Jan 2006

Henry Brown nets 2 goals as Stenhousemuir defeat East Stirling 2 -1.

It was a comfortable victory and this latest result sees Stenhousemuir in 2nd place but a mighty 12 points behind runaway leaders Arbroath.

8th January 2006

Berwick fancy their chances against 2nd place Stenhousemuir. Nerwick are tucked in nicely in 3rd place waiting to overtake whenever the opportunity arises.

2 goals from Gareth Hutchinson ensured a 2-1 vistory for Berwick with Colin Cramb replying for Stenhousemuir. Arbroath look to far in front for anybody to challenge them.

14th January 2006

We face Montrose at home knowing that nothing less than a win would be good enough, we were now lying in 3rd place with loads of catching up to do.

Henry Brown and Michael Renwick put us ahead 2-0 after only 25 minutes however we seem to take our foot off the gas especially as they have a player sent off as early as the 23rd minute.

In the last 20 minutes Montrose miss a penalty and score a wonderful strike and we manage to hold on somehow for a 2-1 win. This is unconvinving football and we don't deserve to be where we are.

We travel to bottom of the table Elgin City expecting to pick up 3 points how wrong was I. I 2-0 drubbing and the team's performance was dire.

We slip a further place down the table and will be lucky to finish half way the way they are performing at the moment. I'm not saying the side revolved around Lee Collymore but we have played poorly since he got injured.

Transfer Rumours

It is rumoured that 2nd division sides Alloa and Stirling are tracking Stenhousemuir leading scorer Henry Brown, both offering £1,000 and a player for the player who joined Andrew Green at the beginning of the season.

Senhousemuir have offered Brown a new contract and are awaiting a response from the player as to whether it is acceptable or not.

Green states "We are not going to accept any offers for Henry he is too good of a player to let go, we need a good strike force and we will have one when Lee joins back up with the squad"

East Fife are the hosts for our next game, and they have a new manager. Henry Brown is in sensational forms netting another hat-trick, fingers crossed that he signs the new contract offer. Michael Renwick also scores a goal. to ensure a 4-0 win and a small rise up the table back into 3rd place.

Following the match Andrew Green is offered a 3 year extension to his contract which he duly signs immediately, the players and board are happy with the committment shown to the club and they hope that he can bring success to the club soon.

Henry Brown has signed his new 1 year contract and has also been awarded 3rd plance in the January young player of the month. Our next league match sees us travel to runaway leaders Arbroath a must win game if we are to have any hope of catching them.

Its not a good performance we have Renwick sent off early in the first half and Robert Downs dislocates his jaw and will probably be out for 1 month.

Henry Brown had injured himself in training so a new strike force was in operation for Stenhousemuir but it didn't work as the score finished 4-1. Arbroath are guranteed 2nd division football albeit they collapse in financial ruin. The battle for the runners up position hots up.

11th February 2006

Home V Cowdenbeath

Cowdenbeath were on a roll and confidence was high they had made a slow rise up the table, and the pressure was on Andrew Green as the fans had been used to the team occupying 2nd place all season, a little blip in form sees them fall to 4th.

The press comment on the superior finishing as the differene between these two sides as runaway with a 2-0 win. An own goal and Colin Cramb scores a rare goal to ensure victory. Stenhousemuir also miss a penalty.

Andrew Green comments to the press following this victory. "Things are going well, you have to remember this is my first year here, and we have had numerous changes, injuries are hindering our progress at the moment but the new guys are holding their own, we have to keep up or risk being stuck in mid table, I have faith in the guys"

18th February

Albion Rovers are the visitors, and with them struggling near the bottom of the table 3 points were there for the taking.

We normally struggle against lower placed opposition but not today a flattering 3-0 score line was acheived. A good solid performance and 3 individual goals from Collins, Cramb and Macbride. The wonderful strikeforce of Collymore and Brown are still not available as the youngsters are still injured.

"That was excellent, one of the best games since being here, we seemed to pass the ball around like there was no other team on the pitch, they didn't have a sniff of the ball, and our defenders didn't have to do anything all day, I wish we could play like that every week"

Next up Queens Park away another team struggling in mid table, Henry Brown makes a gradual return to the game following a 3 week lay off, but fails to get on the score sheet.

With Queens Park being reduced to 10 men early on, the points were always going to be Stenhousemuir's. Goals from Cramb and an own goal seal the points but the deadlock was broken until the 69th minute.

Stenhousemuir return to 2nd place in the league and seem to have found some form.

Its mixed news for Dale Mendum this weekend a pulled hamstring following the Queens Park match is the bad but a 3rd place in the February player of the month, and winning the young player of the month award will have the midfielder itching to return to the game sooner rather than later.

Its also good news for Andy Green as he is awarded the runner up in the manager of the month.

A trip to Firs Park Falkirk is next on the agenda to face East Stirling after takign the lad on the half hour mark Jim Mercer we are suddenly penned back and the scores remain 1-1.

We hold onto 2nd place and face the mightly Berwick who are in 3rd next

Rumours around the lower reaches of the Scottish league are pinpointing Andy Green to be the new manager of 3rd division rivals Berwick.

Berwisk are one place below Stenhousemuir and are more or less guaranteed a play off place come the end of the season. Green has performed minor miracles in lifting Stnhousemuir to the upper reaches of the division and will be no doubt attracting interest for teams higher up the league pyramid.

Green commented "I have heard the rumours although nothing official has been discussed. I will decline any offers given to me from Berwick I am enjoying my time here and I still have a job to complete"

The fans and Board are overwhelmed by Green's committment to the club.

Berwick are the visitors and are eager to show Andrew Green what he will be missing (if he turns the vacancy down).

Its all Berwick in a game that finishes 3-1. Berwick are a good strong team and really put Stenhousemuir under pressure right from the kick off.

Andy Green comments "They are a good side, they beat us fair and square but that doesn't mean I'm going to jump ship and join them"

"I suggest that these rumours are quashed immediately as I do not want it intervering with what is left with our season"

Montrose 0 Stenhousemuir 2

Henry Brown and Robert Downs secure the points as Stenhousemuir remain second in the table. Montrose were unable to deal with the newly formed strike force.

Andy Green will have a selection problem in the next couple of weeks when Lee Collymore returns from a lengthy injury.

Stenhousemuir 2 Elgin 2

The strike force of Henry Brown and Robert Downs were unable to find the killer touch in this classic third division tie.

Elgin came from behind twice to snatch a point from the promotion hopefuls.

Stenhousemuir manager Andy Green was pleased with his performance and adds "They are on a good run at the moment, we are not performing at our best but we are still picking up valuable points, our aim is to remain in 2nd and we must focus on this"

Cowdenbeath 2 Stenhousemuir 1

Cowdenbeath secure 3 points beating Stenhousemuir 2-1 a goal on the 90th minute provides Mixu Paatelainen with 3 points as they look to secure a play off place.

Lee Collins nets a 45th minute penalty for the visitors but goals from Dene Shiels ensure that the points stay at Cowdenbeath.

With four games remaining 3 at home and 1 away we travel to face Albion Rovers.

Andy Green comments after the match "That was the worse performance I have witnessed from this team, I was confident going into the match, but to end up with 9 players on the pitch is a disgrace, we deserve to lose if we can can't control our tempers. The amazing thing is we let in 2 goals when we had 11 players on the pitch and played 60 minutes with 9 players and they failed to convert any of their chances, that just shows how poor we are. We have been caught by Berwick and Cowdenbeath and the way we are playing we will be overtaken. The only positive thing about this match was that Lee Collymore was able to play a full 90 minutes"

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry folks for not updating for a while but been busy at work. So will do a quick catch up to sum up my first season.

3 league games remaining and we are to play them all at home. Our first visitors are East Fife and a Robert Downs last minute goal ensures that we obtain play off place. Other goals from Collymore and McBride result in a 3-2 win.

A week later and top of the table Arbroath vist us and leave with all 3 points. A Hugh Davidson goal on 36 minutes condems Stenhousemuir to a defeat. A reasonable crowd of 406 turn up to watch Steve Fallon notch up a man of the match performance despite being on the losing side and also the inability of Lee Collymore and Henry Brown hitting the back of the net for a change.

Our last league match sees Queens Park attend. A Stephen Bonnachie goal 5 minutes from time results in a 2nd loss in 2 weeks for Andy Green. Robert Downs' goal was not enough to earn any points.

The final league position sees us finish in 3rd place.

The final league table looks like this

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Arbroath | | 36 | 26 | 6 | 4 | 72 | 29 | +43 | 84 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Berwick | | 36 | 15 | 12 | 9 | 50 | 48 | +2 | 57 |

| 3rd | | Stenhousemuir | | 36 | 15 | 10 | 11 | 58 | 52 | +6 | 55 |

| 4th | | Cowdenbeath | | 36 | 13 | 14 | 9 | 60 | 51 | +9 | 53 |

| 5th | | Queen's Park | | 36 | 11 | 15 | 10 | 38 | 37 | +1 | 48 |

| 6th | | Elgin | | 36 | 10 | 12 | 14 | 38 | 42 | -4 | 42 |

| 7th | | Albion Rovers | | 36 | 9 | 13 | 14 | 43 | 51 | -8 | 40 |

| 8th | | Montrose | | 36 | 8 | 13 | 15 | 42 | 52 | -10 | 37 |

| 9th | | East Stirling | | 36 | 7 | 12 | 17 | 29 | 51 | -22 | 33 |

| 10th | | East Fife | | 36 | 6 | 13 | 17 | 51 | 68 | -17 | 31 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

We face rivals Berwick in the playoffs

6th May V Berwick Away 1st Leg

Robbie Arthur nets 2 goals for Berwick to give them a 2 goal advantage following this first leg. Stenhousemuir are going through a rough time with this their 3rd defeat on the bounce.

Andy Green will need to motivate his team if he is to acheive anything from the second leg. A grilling season will be wasted if Green cannot obtain a 3 goal winning margin.

Berwick must be favourites to go through to the final.

Lee Colllymore and Dale Mendum pull 2 goals back within 1/2 hour to cancel Berwicks advantage and make sure the tie is still alive. The game turns exciting when Stenhousemuir have Henderson sent off on 38 minutes.

Berwick are unable to capitalise with the extra man and the match goes to penalties.

Collymore, McBride and Downs net for Stenhousmuir and Berwick fail to convert any. Its Stenhousemuir who surpisingly progress to the final to play Cowdenbeath.

Final

1,882 people turn up at Hamden Park to watch Cowdenbeath play Stenhousemuir. The last 20 minutes was the most exciting witnessed all season with Dene Shiels netting the opening goal for Cowdenbeath.

McBride equalises immediately for Stenhousemuir.

With extra time looming, Buchanan nets a killer goal for Cowdenbeath and its Cowdenbeath who earn promotion despite finishing lower in the table.

Stenhousemuir will be wondering where this leaves them having obtained greater possession but its goals that count.

Andy Green comments after the match "I am dissapointed who wouldn't be in my shoes. We have played well all season and to lose at the final hurdle is hurtful and a big dissapointment at least next season we can build on our success and go one better. Anything less than promotion next year is a poor performance"

I get called into the board office. Look Andy we're sorry but theres no transfer funds again. We just can't balance the books, you need to help us we can't keep going on like this.

"I'll help you, but if you want success you have to pay for it, the youngsters will have to play but there not world beaters."

"We have a new sponsership deal with Mothercare"

"Mothercare thats appropriate aint it, the team will be full of kids as we can't afford experienced players. I want success at this club and I will have to sell my decent players to bring new ones in."

"I'm sorry Andy but the crowds are not coming and the wage bill is to high, money doesn't grow in trees"

I get up "thanks for the good news guys looks like I've got a bit of planning to do before the new season"

Brown named Player of the Season

The fans of Stenhousemuir voted striker Henry Brown as their player of the season.

Brown joined from Dundee at the start of the season and has notched up 19 goals in 29 games, obtaining 5 man of the match awards in the proces.

Brown is apparently surprised with this reward and will hopefully be able to build on last seasons dissappointment and obtain promotion this term.

McGregor moves to Stirling

Stenhousemuir centreback Steven McGregor leaves the club on a free transfer and is immediately snapped up by 2nd Division Stirling.

McGregor made 10 appearances last season and will be looking to obtain a more permanent first team place with his new club.

Green Signs 2 new players

Lee Sharp and Simon McManus join Stenhousemuir on free transfers. The fans are optimistic about these new signings and feel that they can offer very little support to the current crop of players.

Sharp has more experience and will have more chance in the first team rather than McManus who joins from AFC Wimbledon.

The 18 year old is excited about his move to Scotland and will be hoping to break into the first team sometime during the latest campaign.

After a promising season last year just missing out on promotion, I thought that this season would be our year. I mixed it up a bit in the friendlies and it showed as we crashed to defeat in all our matches.

Our first competitive match was a cup match away from home against higher league opposition with first division Hamilton.

This was going to be a real test and would give me an idea how we had progressed. We eventually lose 1-0 but its a good performance. I couldn't moan about anything, we showed grit and real determination with Robbie Henderson picking up the man of the match award.

I still think we can do it. Next up an away trip to relegated Alloa.

Stenhousemuir manager Andrew Green adds another 3 players to his squad.

Veteran striker Jamie Forrester, Luxemburg Right midfielder Scott Gardner a yougn 18 year old and young Henry Goh a right side defender.

Another couple of risky transfers surely some people have got to be shown the door?

Your first comment!

I like the story, particularly as it is about a Scottish team!

Little bit on the basic side though - perhaps you could go into more detail as regards to matches, make up/over-exaggerate things a news story. Also try to change the angle on your managerial reign slightly. Add in conversations with the chairman perhaps, newspaper articles, phone calls etc.

Keep writing though.

Thanks for advice. Was going to give up on story as didn't know anybody was reading. Haven't really concentrated on this as my sink or swin story seems to be going well.

I will take your comments on board and try and expand on the information, but finding it difficult as I know nothing about Scottish football.

Anyway thanks for advice and hope you enjoy the reading when the standard gets better.

Leo.

Our first league match of the season and we are on our travels again.

Alloa had been relegated but had been installed as favourites along with ourselves. The pressure was on to get results right from the start of the season.

What a disaster we were 4-0 down after 30 minutes. And here I was thinking that promotion was going to be a possibility. We manage to pull 2 goals back to reduce the scoreline to 4-2 but the fans aren't happy.

Andy Green comments to the awaiting fans outside the ground "Thats the worse possible start we could have hoped for, starting on a losing foot. We need to get a win under our belt quickly and build on last season. Alloa were relegated last season so know what the standard is like above us, the race has only just begun and I'm not panicking yet."

Stenhousemuir cause cup upset

Scottish Division 3 side knock Division 2 side Berwisk out of the League Cup 1st Round. Promotion contenders Stenhousemuir were always on the back foot but solid defending and a well taken goal by Lee Collymore ensures that it is Stnhousemuir that progress to the next round.

Andy Green manager of Stenhousemuir was excited following the performance. "That was 100% better than against Alloa. Lee Colymore is in fine form and it is no wonder that he is attracting interest from other clubs. I am aware that Wycombe are interested but we have not received any bids for him. I will do my upmost to keep my star players at this club.

We did well although we were under pressure for the majority of the game. We will enjoy a few drinks tonight but won't let it distract us from our main focus, the next league match against Forfar. This will be our 4th away game on the run, I just can't wait till we play at home and the fans can really get behind us"

I get summoned into the Board Room.

"Hi Andy how are you?"

"Fine thanks and your good selves?"

"Yeah we are ok. Just thought we'd catch up with you that last result was perfect and wonderful, we would like to show our appreciation by giving you this gift." They present me with a bottly of bubbly expensive stuff it was.

"Thanks guys its really appreciated, feel like we could be moving this year, its very early days but I have a feeling in my water"

"We hope so" they all replied.

"Oh by the way chaps, not being cheeky, but this bubbly is really appreciated its just a shame that you couldn't bolster the transfer kitty instead. Cut the bubbly out and save the pounds for the team, I'll enjoy that much better"

They look in astonishment. I am one to speak the truth, why waste vital money on booze when it can be make or break in the transfer market.

Wycombe approach Stenhousemuir

The much talked about transfer speculation has finally been made offical.

Andy Green calls a press conference: "We have received and declined an offer for Lee Collymore, it would be unfair to disclose the nature of the bid, although it was very tempting. However my aim and it always has been is to keep the squad together and progress up a division. Wycombe would have to improve their bid if we are to consider it. Lee is aware of the decision and is happy to stay and play for Stenhousemuir."

Sources at Wycombe however comment that Stenhousemuir turn down £1,000, a 30% sell on clause and a friendly in a bid to keep one of Andy Green's bargain buys.

Indifferent Season at Stenhousemuir

Andy Green's Stenhousemuir are lying 9th in the 3rd Division following their 2nd league defeat in as many games. Their 1-0 defeat against recently relegated Forfar means that Green's team has failed to score any points in their first 2 games.

Green comments "It's disappointing, but its football you have to take the rough with the smooth. We have played the two teams that got relegated and failed to pick anything up, we just need to ensure that we go on a long winning streak to get involved with the promotion chase. There are a number of teams this season capable of promotion and I know that we will be one of them"

Archived