How is Training Workload Distributed?

I've been wondering this for a while, thought maybe someone one the forums may know this:

Each player's training screen shows a breakdown of the Training workload into - Scheduled Training, Match Preparation, Position, Preferred Move Training & Individual Focus. I've set match preparation to Avearage so the breakdown is Match Prep - 30%, Scheduled+Others - 70%.

Also, I've built my own training schedules using SFraser's training theory using the number of attributes per training group and player's age as a guide. I've kept each schedule more or less to heavy, and all my players currently are Happy/Pleased with their current schedule.

Now, My question is :

Since the scheduled training only consists of 70% of total workload, are my schedules all Inadequate??? As in, while designing a schedule, do I need to assume that only 70% of the schedule (notches) are actually being used for training the player?

If that is the case, maybe I should keep the schedules all at 'Very Heavy' workload, so that even after reducing 30% of that, I get some reasonable attribute increase...?

Any help is deeply appreciated...

P.S. - The probalem becomes worse if the player is on any other kind of trining apart from Scheduled & Match Prep... The fraction of scheduled becomes even lesser!!!

I am pretty sure it is like a normal working week, you can only do X amount of hours and these percentages just represent how the players week is divided up. Any increase in the training intensity would/could lead to injury or poor morale.

As your team learns your tactics and the bars are nearly full in the Match Preparation graphic, you can ease off on that slider to give a bigger percentage to actual running around the cones with a big woolly hat type training.

Archived