[FM10] Club History is Immortal

KYMYK

clublogoq.png

Motto: "Every Player has a Story."

P.S.: Bare with me, first "Career".

History:

----------

Moor Green FC was formed in 1901 by players from the Moseley Ashfield Cricket Club but did not play competitive football until 1922 when they joined the Birmingham AFA. In 1935-36 they were league champions and joined the Central Amateur League and were league champions in each of the three seasons in which they played in the league.

After World War II the Moors joined the Birmingham Combination, followed by a switch to the Birmingham & District League in 1954. They struggled in this league, however, and in 1965 stepped down to the Worcestershire Combination, which was at the time considered a weaker league. The club finished as league runners-up on four occasions and won the championship in 1980-81. This success was rewarded with a step up to the Southern League in 1983.

In 1987-88 the Moors finished second in the Southern League Midland Division and were promoted to the Premier Division, where they spent six seasons before succumbing to relegation. In 2000, however, they were promoted back to the Premier Division and a 13th place finish in 2003-04 was enough to secure a place in the newly-formed Conference North.

The club played, till 2007, outside their usual home area of Hall Green due to a 2005 arson attack on the Moorlands stadium, their home since 1930, which rendered the ground unusable.

Solihull Borough FC was originally founded in 1953 by Joe McGorian. They originally played at Widney Lane in Olton under the name of Lincoln FC. After changing their name to Solihull Borough, they joined the Midland Football Combination Division Two in 1969. In 1971 they were promoted to Division One, which was later renamed the Premier Division. They were runners-up in 1984-85 and again in 1990-91, after which they stepped up to the Southern League, where they were Midland division champions at the first attempt.

In 1989, financial problems had forced the club to sell their Widney Lane Ground to property developers and eventually agreed a ground share with their local rivals, Moor Green. In 1993, Solihull managed to get to the first round of the FA Cup, but lost out to fellow non-leaguers VS Rugby, a feat repeated in 1997-98 when they lost to Darlington.

In 1995, Solihull won the Birmingham Senior Cup for the first time, but were relegated back to the Southern League Midland Division.

In 1998, Solihull moved to the home ground of Redditch United, before they finally found their own home ground, with the purchase of the Damson Parkway site, a former golf driving range, where the Damson Park stadium was built.

Despite finishing only 7th in the table, the Boro were promoted to the Southern League Premier Division but finished bottom of the table and were relegated. After one season in the Western Division the club were placed in the new Division One Midlands.

Modern Era:

--------------

In January 2007 it was announced that Moor Green had applied to the FA for permission to merge with Solihull Borough, the side with whom they have ground shared since the arson attack. The merger was confirmed on 30 March 2007 when it was revealed that a new club under the name Solihull Moors would be formed on 1 June and would take Moor Green's place in the Conference North. Moor Green boss Bob Faulkner was later confirmed as the new club's football manager.

Game Information:

--------------------

Game: Football Manager 2010

Patch: 10.3

Database: Default 10.0.0, Huge, No Edits.

Start Date: 16 June 2009

Starting Team: Solihull Moors

Aim: Create a 40-50 Years Worth of History for the Club.

Leagues Information:

-----------------------

Playable Leagues: Brazil, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, North Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Spain, Wales.

View Only Leagues: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Columbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States of America, Ukraine, Uruguay.

Club Information:

-------------------

Nation: England

Year Founded: 2007

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personell: None

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: Redditch, Tamworth, Hinckley

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: 10.30 Euro

Average Season Ticket Price: 186 Euro

Season Ticket Holders: 41

Estimated Value: 24K Euro

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 19th/22nd, Blue Square North

Squad Personality: Fairly Professional

Captain: Lee Downes

Other Information:

--------------------

Affiliated Clubs: None

Transfer Budget: 0 Euro

Bank Balance: 10.8K Euro

Sponsors: 4 Year Deal. Main Kit Sponsorship. 5,74K Euro per Season. Ends 2011.

Honours: None

Season 2009/10

-------------------

Club: Solihull Moors

League: Blue Square North

League Table: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7788/leaguetable200910.png

Note: Also 10 points deducted from Farsley. Screenshot can't show it.

I was really saddened that i can't show you League Positions Graph ( I always do a "Season Save" at the beginning of the Next Season and not at the end of the Current Season. I will be able to show you Positions Graph after the 4th Season.. hopefuly. However i can provide you with these outstanding numbers to try and show you how the Positions Graph could've looked like:

First 20 Games of the Season: Won 8, Drew 4, Lost 8. 28 points out of 60 points possible.

The Other 22 Games of the Season: Won 15, Drew 4, Lost 3. 49 points out of 66 points possible.

I struggled for half-a-season in Mid-Table, as expected, but then something turned around and i started winning everything! Weird, right!?

FA Cup: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8393/facup200910.png

Note: Lost to AFC Telford in my first FA Cup. Epic Fail.

FA Trophy: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9357/fatrophy200910.png

Note: 4-1 with St. Albans in 3rd Qual. Round, 1-1 and 3-0 (Rep.) with Stourport in FA Trophy 1st Round only to draw AFC Telford in FA Trophy 2nd Round which knocked me out of FA Cup aswell. Epic Fail.

Transfers 1: http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5051/transferspage1200910.png

Transfers 2: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/213/transferspage2200910.png

Note: I rebuilt most of the team from scratch so the entire Transfer List did not get into 1 Screenshot.

Star of the Season: http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/2875/staroftheseason.png

Best Eleven Profiles:

----------------------

Danny Crane, GK - Apps: 42, Conceded: 36, Clean Sheets: 16, MoM: 1, Avg. Rating: 6,78.

One of the few players I kept from the Original Team. Played in every Blue Square North match. I only kept him due to My Scout's incredible failure at finding Better Goalkeepers. Didn't give him a New Contract for 2010/11 Season. He moved on to Berwick in Scottish Third Division. Turns out my Reserve Goalkeeper was way better. More on that in My 2nd Season Review.

John Hayes, DR - Apps: 40, Goals: 0, Assists: 1, MoM: 1, Avg. Rating: 6,91.

Started out as a Trial but highly impressed me. Unfortunately, 2nd Season was the Last Season at the Club for this Guy. He went to my "Season 2 and 3 Arch-Enemy" Luton Town for Free after i decided not to give him a New Contract. I got a better player. More on that in my 3rd Season!

Jalmard Kulsten, DL - Apps: 39, Goals: 0, Assists: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,91.

Initially a Trial, i needed a better Left Defender then what i had. Signed him for 1 season. Went to Hendon, newly promoted in Blue Square North in 2010/11 Season. They have since relegated. Jalmard is now looking to manage Teams. No luck so far..

Danny Batth, DC - Apps: 42, Goals: 1, Assists: 0, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,91.

Loaned from Wolverhampton Wanderers for an Entire Season. Moved for Free in 2010/11 Season to newly-promoted Rotherham United in Coca-Cola League 1. They are looking likely to get promoted in Coca-Cola Premiership as of 2012/13 Season. Doing 16 Appearences in his 1st Season there, 9 in his 2nd Season and just 3 Appearances in his 3rd and most likely Final Season there.

Kevin Tunani, DC/MC - Apps: 14, Goals: 0, Assists: 0, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,94.

I can't say I remember exactly when i signed this guy but he didn't have much impact on My 1st Season, just 14 Appearences. I didn't think much of him until My 2nd Season when he finally learned English. The guy was good but he knew English as i know Chinese. Ni Hao! He has done over 110 Appearences for The Team ever since! Season 4 and counting! More on that later.

Malik Buari, MR - Apps: 27, Goals: 2, Assists: 4, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,90.

Season 1 sign. Made a total of 53 Appearences for the team. A Key Player in My 1st Season he struggled and eventually became a Back-Up to My Team in 2nd Season. Did not get a 3rd Season Contract. Went to Pisa in Italy. They got promoted to Italian Serie C2/C in 2012/13 Season. They are in "Relegation Play-offs" ranks so far but they can still change that, matches are to be played, 2 points away from a nice Safe Position.

Luke Abraham, ML - Apps: 38, Goals: 3, Assists: 5, MoM: 4, Avg. Rating: 6,99.

Good Player. Made 52 Appearences for the Club. Didn't get a New Contract for Season 3. Gave to Redditch United for Free in 2011/12 Season. I don't even know why they wanted him. They relegated in 2009/10 Season from Blue Square North and have not been promoted since.

Graham Curran, MC - Apps: 33, Goals: 1, Assists: 6, MoM: 1, Avg. Rating: 6,85.

He proved to be a nice asset to My Team. He played for me for 2 Seasons and I decided not to award him with a New Contract in my 3rd Season but he stayed with The Team after his contract expired. After a few requests from the Fans, ( ..well not really but he was in "Favoured Personnel". ) i decided to award him with the 3rd Year Contract. He only made 1 Appearence. Loaned him in my 3rd Season to My Season 1 Main Enemy: AFC Telford. After the Loan Spell, I gave him to Hednesford for Free. No more dissapointed fans tho'. Yay..?

Lenny Walker, MC - Apps: 33, Goals: 3, Assists: 4, MoM: 4, Avg. Rating: 6,83.

He didn't last long in My Plans and i didn't give him a New Contract for My 2nd Season. He stubbornly stayed at the Club in the following Months. I went and had "A Talk" with him: You're Fired! He was 26 years old when i had "The Talk", haven't heard about him in the Football World ever since. He either retired very early.. or he died. God, I hope not!

Craig King, ST - Apps: 39, Goals: 16, Assists: 9, MoM: 6, Avg. Rating: 7,24.

Loaned from Leicester City for the Entire Season. Star of the Club. He performed so well that I loaned him for a 2nd Entire Season as well. He didn't get a New Contract from Leicester City in my 3rd Season and went Out of Contract and Left the Team. He initialy rejected My Contract for a 1 Full Season at Solihull Moors even tho' he had both Me and the Club at Favorites. I was reluctant to give him Another Contract in the mid-stages of the 3rd Season but i needed a Striker as soon as possible. My 3 Months Loanee Star Player, Chris Smith from Parent Club Aston Villa was returning to his Club and did not accept a Full Season Loan. More on Chris Smith and Craig King which i was amazed by both in My 3rd Season Review. I may be speaking about this Guy for a while..

Aaron-Moses Garvey, ST, Captain - Apps: 38, Goals: 15, Assists: 8, MoM: 3, Avg. Rating: 6,93.

Worked hard to Sign him. At one point even "Valencia B" were rumoured to be interested in him. Captain of the Team for My 1st and 2nd Season. Made a total of 72 Appearences, scoring 28 Goals in the process and being Man of the Match a whooping 7 times. Sold to AlzanoCene from Italian Serie C2/A for 14K Euro in My 3rd Season. They relegated to Italian Serie D that Same Season.

Adam Rachel, GK - Apps: 1, Conceded: 0, Clean Sheets: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,70.

I have no ideea if this Guy was any good. I only kept him for 2 Seasons due to My Scout's inability to finding Goalkeepers. Those bastards! He only made 1 Substitute Appearence. Can't really remember why I even substituted him. Probably a Late 80+ Minute Substitute in a "Win for Sure" Game. Was also GK Coach early in 2009/10 Season. Gave him a New Contract just for Player. I wanted My Own Staff to take over the Club. Mwuahaha?

Russell Wigley, MC - Apps: 15, Goals: 2, Assists: 0, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,73.

This Guy only lasted 1 Season at My Team. Went back to his homeland: Principality Welsh Premier to underachievers Aberystwyth. Spent one more year there and then he retired. He's been managing Ton Petre in Principality Welsh Premier as of lately. Careful not to get relegated!

Juan Rojas, MR/MC - Apps: 32, Goals: 0, Assists: 8, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,74.

Reserve for my Team. A couple of reasons to why he didn't get to Be Promoted to Main Team: Old. Can't speak English. Even tho' he's Old he

didn't have much experience in Football World, only playing in 2005 before i finally signed him for the 2009/10 Season. I have since loaned him to Cambridge City where he made 0 Appearences and then gave him for Free to Badajos, Spanish Third Division Group 14. Thank God! He was eating my wages!

Dean Johnston, MC - Apps: 24, Goals: 1, Assists: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,71.

Just another Trial, just another one of My Players. Weirdly enough, almost every single one of those who i released after My 1st Year in Charge, have become Managers. Dean Johnston is No Exception. Has been Managing Caerfnarfon Town in Principality Welsh Premier since 2012/13 Season. They are looking quite likely to get Relegated with only 9 Points out of 27 Games..

Simon Dunne, DC - Apps: 24, Goals: 2, Assists: 1, MoM: 1, Avg. Rating: 6,76.

Initially just a Trial and nothing more. I wasn't even going to sign him but My Staff persuaded me and after a few days of pondering on it i decided to sign him. I didn't have a Reserve for my Central Defenders. He has done 62 Appearences for the Club over 2009/10 and 2010/11 Seasons. Sold to newly-promoted to Blue Square Premier side, Salisbury City. They achieved 6th place, which was quite impressive. He has appeared in 44 Games for the side that Season.

Phil Midworth, DR/DC - Apps: 23, Goals: 1, Assists: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,68.

Both he and Lenny Walker retired very early from Football World. ..that or they died. Again, I hope not! 2nd Player of the "Select Few" to stay with My Team following the departure of the Original Team.

Lateef Elford-Alliyu, ST - Apps: 12, Goals: 4, Assists: 0, MoM: 2, Avg. Rating: 6,94.

Loaned from West Bromwich Albion for 3 Months as part of our Parent/Feeder Club Agreement. Didn't have much impact on the Season.

Career Overview:

-------------------

Season: 2009/10

Position: 1st

Achievements: Blue Square North Champions, Promoted.

Awards: Blue Square North Manager of January 2010, 2009/10 Blue Square North Manager of the Season.

Season 2010/11

-----------------

Club: Solihull Moors

League: Blue Square Premier

Changes to Club Information:

--------------------------------

Chairman Status: Enjoying life at the Club ( Previous: Loves the Club )

Favoured Personell: Mr. BaLLz ( Previous: None )

Average Ticket Price: 11.30 Euro ( Previous: 10.30 Euro )

Average Season Ticket Price: 222 Euro ( Previous: 186 Euro )

Season Ticket Holders: 111 ( Previous: 41 )

Estimated Value: 75K Euro ( Previous: 24K Euro )

Media Prediction: 24th/24th, Blue Square Premier ( Previous: 19th/22nd, Blue Square North )

Squad Personality: Loyal ( Previous: Fairly Professional )

Captain: Aaron Moses-Garvey ( Previous: Lee Downes )

Changes to Other Information:

----------------------------------

Affiliated Clubs: West Brom Albion, 4th in Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season. ( Previous: None )

Bank Balance: -131.2K Euro ( Previous: 10.8K Euro )

Honours: 2010 Blue Square North Winner

League Table: http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/306/leaguetablem.png

Note: Screenshot can't show it: Also relegated, Havant and Waterlooville. 2W, 15D, 29L. 21 Points from 46 Games.

First 20 Games of the Season: Won 5, Drew 6, Lost 9. 21 points out of 60 possible.

Other 26 Games of the Season: Won 17, Drew 2, Lost 7. 53 points out of 78 possible.

I struggled for half-a-season in Relegation Zone, as expected, but then WTF!?

FA Cup: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/664/facup.png

Note: 2nd ever FA Cup game for My Team. Failed in First Match.. Again! Trully deserving the Epic Fail Award!

Note: But there's hope! Just hang on, Thrill Ride in My Next Season!

FA Trophy: http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7746/fatrophy.png

Note: Drew Rushden in First FA Trophy match of the Season. VS Rushden. 1-1 at Home. Lost 4-2 ( Rep. ) Away. Epic Fail again?

Transfers: http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/799/transferhistory201011.png

Note: Only got 3 New Players for this Season and preparing Erik Paartalu for My 3rd Season.

Star of the Season: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8130/staroftheseason201011.png

Best Eleven Profiles:

----------------------

Mark Scott, GK - Apps: 36, Conceded: 41, Clean Sheets: 17, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,77.

Signed for Free in my 1st Season as a Goalkeeper Reserve. He made a whooping 1 Appearence in My 1st Season. I didn't really trust him due to his young age: At the time, 19.. or 20 ..something. Too young in my books i tell ya'. He has since however got me through 2 Seasons as my Main Goalkeeper, doing over 84 Appearences, Conceeding exactly the same number of Appearences, 84, and having 40 Clean Sheets. Weirdly enough, he has never been Man of the Match. I started loaning him to different sides in mid Season 4. Story not yet concluded.

John Hayes, DR - Apps: 26, Goals: 0, Assists: 1, MoM: 1, Avg. Rating: 6,68.

Michael Jackson, DL - Apps: 42, Goals: 0, Assists: 2, MoM: 2, Avg. Rating: 7,19.

No, Im not kidding. That IS his name. This is the First Player i payed any money for: A Grand Total of 6K Euro. Was it worth it? Hell yes! He has since done over 123 Appearences for the Club. Still going strong however he's showing his age.

Kevin Tunani, DC/MC - Apps: 28, Goals: 1, Assists: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,81.

Alex Walker, DC - Apps: 41, Goals: 2, Assists: 2, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,62.

Newly signed. One of the Few Good Defenders my Scouts found. Only lasted 1 Season with Me. Gave him a New Contract for Season 2 because he was on "Favorite Personnell" around the time his Contract was expiring. Sold him for 10K Euro to Airdrie United, Scottish First Division, back there in his Homeland.

Pape Seydou Diop, MR - Apps: 38, Goals: 7, Assists: 7, MoM: 6, Avg. Rating: 7,14.

Signed in Late Season 1 ( 19 February ) where he only made 7 Appearences but made quite the impression: 5 Goals, 1 Assist and 4 times Man of the Match. Out of 7 Appearences that's pretty good.. Right? After such a performance i just had to give him a New Contract for Season 2. He has since done over 102 Appearences for the Club. Just as Kevin Tunani, i've been lately using him as a "45 to 60 Minute Substitute". Most likely his Last Season at the Club. More on that Later.

Sam Adkins, ML - Apps: 38, Goals: 2, Assists: 11, MoM: 3, Avg. Rating: 7,27.

Loaned from Walsall for an Entire 2nd Season. Loaned again for an Entire 3rd and 4th Season as well and i've been persuading him for a Full Contract with the Club for Future Season. He considered a few, rejected a few.. Story not yet concluded.

Sylvain Legwinski, MC - Apps: 31, Goals: 5, Assists: 2, MoM: 1, Avg. Rating: 6,74.

Late Sign in Season 1 ( 27 January ) where he, just as Diop, made only 7 Appearences. Some of you may have heard of him. Played for AS Monaco, Fulham FC, Ipswich Town. Only lasted 1 Season but gave him a 2nd Contract for 1 more Season as a Reserve. Now retired, he's been looking for sides to Coach.

Graham Curran, MC - Apps: 25, Goals: 1, Assists: 4, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,57.

Craig King, ST - Apps: 42, Goals: 18, Assists: 12, MoM: 6, Avg. Rating: 7,27.

Aaron-Moses Garvey, ST, Captain - Apps: 34, Goals: 13, Assists: 9, MoM: 4, Avg. Rating: 6,96.

Carl Pentney, GK - Apps: 15, Conceded: 30, Clean Sheets: 4, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,56.

Signed after a short period of Trial. Everybody told me this guy was better than Mark Scott, Main Goalkeeper at the time. Everybody was wrong. I knew best but they kept pressuring me into playing him.. I gave in and played him a whooping 15 times where he conceded 30 Games or if I may do the math: 2.0 Goals per Match! Also signed him for My 3rd Season because my Amazing Scout's again failed in finding me Talented Goalkeepers. Made 1 Appearence. Free of Contract in My 4th Season. Went to Northern Irish First Division, Distillery. Woah, Great Name for a Team! ..not that My Team's Name is any better..

Inigo Idiakez, MC/MR - Apps: 42, Goals: 4, Assists: 5, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,54.

Signed him 3 days after My 1st Season concluded. I wanted to give him time to adjust to English lifestyle. Spanish lil' dude. He came as a Reserve and left as a Reserve. Went to Alfaro, back in his Homeland which was promoted to Spanish Second Division B2 in 2012/13 Season. Early looks at the League suggest that they are going to get relegated back to Division C.

Malik Buari, MR - Apps: 26, Goals: 3, Assists: 3, MoM: 1, Avg. Rating: 6,72.

Luke Abraham, ML - Apps: 14, Goals: 3, Assists: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,94.

Abdoulaye Barry, DR - Apps: 39, Goals: 0, Assists: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,52.

Late sign in Season 1 ( 28 February ), where he made 4 Appearences and having no impact at all. Played most of his 2nd Season at the Club being a "45-60 Minute Substitute" to John Hayes. He has since developed into a Main Team Player achieving over 119 Appearences and still counting. More on this later.

Simon Dunne, DC - Apps: 38, Goals: 0, Assists: 1, MoM: 0, Avg. Rating: 6,44.

George Donnely, ST - Apps: 10, Goals: 5, Assists: 2, MoM: 2, Avg. Rating: 7,37.

Loaned from Plymouth on 27 November 2010 for 3 months. A very impressive player but the Season was already started, i wasn't able to warm him up very well using him only as an "Overload Tactic" 3rd Striker. Plymouth later sold him to Grimsby for 1K Euro, a bid which i also tried to win. Kid had potential. He has since been one of the Top Goalscorers of Blue Square Premier scoring just over 26 Goals in My 3rd Season.

Career Overview:

-------------------

Season: 2009/10

Position: 1st

Achievements: Blue Square North Champions, Promoted.

Awards: Blue Square North Manager of January 2010, 2009/10 Blue Square North Manager of the Season.

Season: 2010/11

League: Blue Square Premier

Position: 8th

Achievements: Blue Square Premier Overachievers.

Awards: Blue Square Premier Manager of April 2011.

Archived