Q.P.R - New Manager New Challenges

funkybradley

6pm Thursday 11th August 05

I arrive home earlier than usual, simply by finishing work earlier. The kids come to greet me at the door, they must of heard the car pull up bless. The lids want me to play on Mario-Kart, with them, I promise them that I will once I’ve had a wash and had dinner. "Hi babe, how was work?"

"Not bad sexy, not bad. What have you done me for din dins?"

"Doing you a curry will be ready in about twenty minutes."

"Ok babe." I hit the shower quick and bang on time dinner is served when I get out. I play on Mario-Kart with the kids for an hour or so before they go to bed. Once their safely tucked up in bed, I go and bring a bottle of wine and two glasses into the lounge. "You fancy a glass babe?"

"Yeah ok, just the one." I pour us both a glass as we cuddle up on the sofa watching A lot like love, I finish my glass and pour myself another. I notice the look on her face. I’m just waiting for her to say something. Fair enough I hardly drank at all until I took this job, but it helps calm me and I’m sure it’s just a phase I’m going through. Emma lies on the sofa with her head on my lap and fall’s asleep before the film ends. Luckily for me I can reach the bottle and pour the remainder into my near empty glass. The film finishes so I start flicking through the channels. Nothing exciting is on and I soon get restless and start to move about so Emma will wake up. She does, says she’s tired and going to bed and tells me no more to drink. I leave it twenty minutes to be sure she’s asleep then go and get another bottle and pour myself a glass. I start going through some of the tapes agents have sent of players, not the best time to watch them in my condition but hey I’m bored. An hour or two passes and I notice the wine bottle is empty and there’s no more in the fridge. May as well go to bed, ah what the hell she’ll never know. I get one of my lets say adult dvd’s and put it on. I’m doing what you do to this kind of thing…..When to my horror Emma walks into the room, I was so drunk and into it I didn’t hear her come down stairs. "You F**king dirty b*****d, you can sleep down here tonight I don’t want you near me."

"At least finish me off babe." Stupid thing to say but these things tend to happen after to much drink.

"P**s off." She slams the door and heads upstairs…..Man, am I ever in trouble tomorrow. Bonus I won’t see her, we’re away, and maybe she’ll be ok when I get home on Saturday….I finish off my business and crash out on the sofa.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8am Friday 12th August 05

I came into the office early today despite the fact I gave the players the day over as we travel later, it was more to do with getting up and out the house before Emma set eyes on me. I turn on my pc and check my e-mail. More bad news Cardiff want 6million for Jerome and Brighton don’t want to sale Turienzo at any price. I can’t be bothered to look for a forward at the moment even though I desperately need one. I feel like crap, I’m not hung over more like still drunk. I sit back in my chair and relax……Torrie makes her way in, say’s something about the way I’ve been looking at her and starts to unbutton her blouse…Walks over to me pushes my chair back and kicks my legs apart…Just sit back and enjoy she says. Letting her long blond locks down….She bends over the desk and hitches her skirt up revealing her stocking tops…Turns her head around to face me. "Take Me." She says….The phone starts to ring….No…The phone really is ringing….My eyes open…I must have nodded off. I answer the phone it’s Torrie, she was worried about me as I didn’t seem too happy this morning. I tell her I’m fine just a bit under the weather….I can see faxes have arrived. I look at my watch its gone 12; I’ve been out sound for a few hours. I slowly make my way over and collect the faxes.

Two Bids Accepted.

Good stuff the bids for Mark Wilson and Hamed Al-Issa, have been accepted. I contact both players agents and offer them deals….I badly need a striker, but I don’t I’m in the right state to contact clubs at the moment….Torrie comes into the office….She looks stunning sober, but even better now.. "You sure you’re ok, Paul? It’s the first time I’ve seen you turn up for work not clean shaved."

"To tell the truth Torrie, me and my partner had a bit of a fight last night and I had a bit too much to drink."

"Ohh, that’s too bad, maybe you should break up. I mean you shouldn’t have any problem finding someone you’re a good looking guy and what 25?"

"Thanks Torrie, I’m 27 by the way. Maybe I should, I don’t know can’t get my head straight today."

"27, you look younger. You have a boyish charm and a naughty face."

"That’s what most people say I still have to show ID sometimes."

"I’ve seen the picture of your girlfriend on your desk, are they your kids?"

“No, there from her last relationship but the dad never she’s them, he’s more interested in getting stoned."

"I think you need a clean break, you’re too young to be looking after someone else’s kids. Besides you could do better."

"A few people have said that, I just want the kids to have a future, and I don’t see a queue of hot women lining up."

"I’m sure that would change if they know that you’re single"

"Maybe, thanks…..Oh Guess what I found?"

"What?" She replies looking a bit puzzled.

"This." I open the draw and get out a tape measure. She laughs.

"And what is that for?"

"We’ll the other day I asked the question about your legs getting longer or skirts getting shorter, you said to measure them." She giggles some more.

"You can hold the top end, if you don’t feel comfortable."

"No you’re ok, I trust you." She gives me a wicked cheeky smile and winks.

"Here goes nothing. "I make my way over to Torrie kneel down in front of her.

"While you’re down there."

"Hey, that’s my line; can you stand on this end?" Torrie stands on the end of the tape measure. I slowly move the tape measure up Torrie’s shapely leg. "Arh, we have a problem."

"What's that Paul?" She says looking down with a big smile across her face.

"You skirt I don’t know where your leg ends."

"I have a solution." With that she hitches the side of her skirt out.

"Very nice. Oh Stockings very sexy. "I move the tape measure further up her leg. Wow this is great. I hold the tape measure near the top and just admire the view for a bit. "39 very sexy inches Torrie, you’re gonna make some man very happy one day."

"I hope so."

"I’m all done here." I go to stand up then realise it will be best to do that once she’s left the room to avoid embarrassment.

"I better get on with my work see you soon and save me a seat on the coach." With that Torrie leaves my office. I slowly get to my feet and wipe my forehead.

Better start getting ready the coach will be here soon

3pm Friday 12th August 05

Myself, Torrie, my coaching staff and players are all waiting out side the stadium for the coach to arrive. Luckily for us the coach is on time. Everyone makes their way onto the coach for the long trip down to Plymouth. Torrie sits down next to me near the front of the coach. "Gaffers gonna getcha!" Someone shouts from the back.

"Behave yourselves, you cheeky sods." Is my reply, Torrie giggles quietly next to me. I decided to bring the whole first team squad with us as a get together as there are quite a few new lads and will be a good bonding experience for them. They all seem to be enjoying themselves anyway singing songs and other’s playing cards. I’ve informed Tim Breaker and Ray Wilkins, to keep an eye on the players just in case I miss something. Torrie mentions how excited she is by all this, I tell her I am to as it’s my first competitive away match here....

A few hours pass and Torrie has fallen asleep, with her head on my shoulder. Dyer taps me on the shoulder and I turn my head. "I reckon you’re in their boss."

"Shut it, if you want to be in the side tomorrow." He laughs; he’s known me for a while and knows I’m joking. Him and Theo keep chatting away to each other, I overhear them mentioning about how good it is to link up with me again, and that they feel they will get a fair chance with me….Their right although Theo, will be in the squad tomorrow he won’t have a big part to play this season as he is far from ready, Dyer looks a better prospect at the moment….The coach stops off at a station and most people get of the stretch their legs. A couple of the players get recognised and happily sign autographs….The coach soon sets off again, and about 15 minutes into the journey it gets a lot quieter as a lot of the lads have fallen asleep. Torrie is still out of it, that’s why I stayed on the coach didn’t want to disturb her. Moments later I was out to.

We arrive at the hotel and the boys get their keys and check in. They all chose earlier in the week who they room with. I tell time to listen next to the players rooms at 11pm. I don’t want anyone up later than that and no one is to leave the hotel other than coaching staff without my say so. I go with Torrie, to reception to see about getting her a room. They’re fully booked. She looks at me with puppy dog eyes. "I did book you a double room."

"Ok, you’re in with me." With that we head up to our room. "Do you want anything to drink Torrie or do you want to get your head down?"

"Glass of wine wouldn’t go a miss."

"Ok, I’ll call down and get a bottle ordered." I call reception and order a bottle of white wine to be delivered to my room.

"I’m just going to have a shower, do you mind Paul?"

"No not at all go ahead." Torrie makes her way into the bathroom as I sit on the bed flicking through the channels….A few minutes later and there’s a knock at the door….It was the wine, I pour myself a glass and leave the bottle on the table for Torrie…I unpack my bag and come across my mobile and switch it on….The answer phone kicks in…Emma’s left a message none of it is printable…Dreading tomorrow I’m so in for it…I put my belongings away and Torrie comes in, with just a white towel around her…Wow, she looks good, just hope it slips. She pours herself a glass and starts to dry her hair… While she’s doing that I nip in the shower and have a shave…Starting to feel more with it now…I head back into the main room and chat with Torrie as we drink together…Tim knocks on the door around 11.30pm and informs me the players are all sleeping or at least no noise is coming from their rooms. I thank Tim, and chat again with Torrie….We soon finish the bottle. "Right time for bed, how we doing this top and tail?"

"Come on Paul, we’re both adults."

"Ok, I don’t mind if you don’t." I switch off the lights and get into bed….I soon fell asleep, but woke up in the middle of the night with Torrie’s arm across my chest. Bless her she’s a nice girl and maybe if things don’t work out with Emma, they can work out with her.

9am Saturday 13th August 05

I woke up for the first time next to Torrie, and although I hadn’t done anything I couldn’t help but feel guilty. I speak with Tim on the phone, to make sure that he is going to have a little training session with the players and inform him, I’ll meet up with everyone and be on the coach at 1pm.Me talking on the phone must have woken Torrie. We have a talk, and decide to head downstairs and get some breakfast. We spent most of the morning chatting and both feel that we have bonded and become friends. 1pm soon comes around, everyone has their belongings and back on the coach for the short trip to Home Park.

I leave the players to get charged and ready, and have a discussion with my coaching staff on any ideas they may have. I tell Torrie that she won’t be able to sit with us on the bench but, can sit with the players not include in the match day squad and ask her to keep an ear, if anyone is bad mouthing me.

I head in the changing rooms for a team talk with the players as kick off is soon approaching. "Ok, boys this is the first away match of the season and we don’t want to lose. We have 4 points on the board so far but another 3 today would be lovely. Keep it tight I expect they will want to put us under a bit of early pressure, and then we can start to play our football and should come out on top. The fans will have travelled along way for this match so for f**k sake don’t let them down. I want a performance like the one on the opening day of the season. Now go out their and kick some ass."

The starting eleven looks like this:

S.Carson GK, M.Bignot RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, M.Rowlands RM, D.Limbersky LM, D.Potter CM, M.Bircham (Capt) CM, D.Pessarossi CF and V.Pericard CF.

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, D.Shimmin CB, M.Bean CM, N.Dyer LM/RM and T.Walcott RM/CF.

Bignot has returned from injury, and Limbersky regains his place from Gallen as he is now fit as we return to our 4-4-2 formation. Diamond replaces the injured Kenneth, with Shimmin, getting a place on the bench.

3pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 3

Plymouth Vs Q.P.R.

Kick Off:

The crowd roar as the match kicks off…A slow and rather boring first half sees very little in the way of action. I was more animated on the bench than the 22 players on the field. We must be the most boring team in the league. We don’t give chances away but we can’t create any….In first half injury time Carson goes down after catching a cross and goes down holding his knee…and has to come off. I send on Kok, for the youngsters debut, don’t let me down kid…

Seconds later, the half time whistle blows.

Plymouth – 0

Q.P.R. – 0

"Defensively we are fine boys, from the front to the back we are defending as a team, but we need to be more creative in our play as weren’t creating chances. A little bit of vision can go a long way. Give those fans, something to sing about their cheering you on and getting nothing back. I want an improvement second half a big improvement."

Kick Off:

The opening quarter of an hour see no change and Pessarossi, is looking warn out. I send on Walcott to replace him, maybe he can come up with something and bring on Dyer for Rowlands. We manage to create more chances, but the all fall for Pericard, who puts the ball wide on each occasion. The match filters out to a drab finish.

Final Score

Plymouth – 0

Q.P.R. – 0

M.O.M. Z.Diamond (Q.P.R)

Attendance 14,567

Both sets of supporters are still in great voice despite a poor match, both sets happy in the fact their side didn’t lose. I head straight to the dressing room and am far from happy. "We’re not good enough boys. If we don’t score goals we can’t win matches it’s that simple. Things have to change and soon. We haven’t lost yet, but the way we are playing we only need to concede one and that will be it game over. If you boys can’t create me chances and win me games, I have no choice but to look for players that will. I want to believe in you lads you’re a good bunch. We got a tough match next week at Leeds, and we’re going to have to play better than today to get anything from that one."

In a short press conference after the match I point out that, although it was nice to get a point away from home I expect more from us going forward am looking to strengthen the sides attacking options.

Early hours of Sunday 14th August

I arrive home, and try to be as quite as possible so as not to disturb anyone. I make my way upstairs and pop my head around the kids bedroom door to see them….There not their…Ummm, that’s strange I make my way into my bedroom and Emma’s not in there.. What’s going on? I think to myself. I run back downstairs and into the kitchen, where I find a note.

Dear Paul,

I’ve had enough of you and you’re drinking, and clearly I don’t satisfy you or you wouldn’t be watching that filth. I thought we had something special, but I was wrong you’re a worthless piece of s**t like all men. Don’t even think of trying to contact me ever. It was never the same since you got that job, in my heart I wish you never got it. I loved you but what you did has made me feel sick and dirty and I can’t be near you.

Yours Emma.

Oh well….That’s that then. Gonna miss the kids but hey s**t happens and life goes on. At least I have my dvd’s for company and maybe Torrie…Gonna have to try and start working the old Bradley magic there I think….Anyway all that can wait until tomorrow, time to hit the sack.

12pm Sunday 14th August 05

I had a bit of a lie in this morning as no one is working at the club today after the long trip down south. I look around the house, to my amazement she hasn’t taken anything, which is a bonus as I don’t fancy shopping today. I give my parents a call and let them know what has happened, to say my mum was happy would be an understatement, I never realised she hated her so much. I call a couple of my friends and tell them and we have a laugh about it all. Last I call my cousin and my best friend. His name is Lee, but I call him LK as it’s initials and he used to drink to much so then we called him LK – Holic. He’s 26 a lazy sod that works part time helping in I.T, he runs two very successful websites one for a Southampton Boy Band and the other a British Wrestling website. He has a degree and plans on running his own wrestling business one day. He mentions that he has been bored in Southampton since I left as he hasn’t been able to go out as much. I offer him a job as my agent, offering him 10% of my pay and a place to live. Stating that basically he’ll be getting money for nothing, but can come to work with me if and when he wants. He decides to take me up on the offer I give him the address. He says he’ll move up during the week.

2pm Monday 15th August 05

I was glad to be back at work today as it gets pretty boring at home when you’re on your own. I’m not good at being single; I normally stay with a girl until I have another to move onto as I bore easily. I don’t feel the need to go to training everyday any more as the coaching staff all know the drills I want them doing and what to look out for.

After the last two games, I really am starting to worry just where we are heading this season, and feel we are going to be in real trouble unless we can start creating chance and scoring goals. I’m going to have to look into this now and try and get an attacking midfielder and a forward to put the chances away.

On my desk there’s a note from physio Phil Webb, informing me that Carson is going to be out of action for 3-4 with a twisted knee. What is it with my players and twisted knees? I switch on my pc and have tons of e-mails; I look at the names of who they are from. Mostly agent’s then I notice one from Claudio Ranieri at Southampton so decide to check that one first. Basically it mention that he has tried to call but no answer and doesn’t like leaving message so e-mailed me an offer of £100,000 plus 20% of the next sale for Centre Back Ian Evatt. He hasn’t featured in my teams this season and doesn’t in the future, I have plenty of cover in that area and more on the way, and the bid is equal to the players worth. I email Claudio back informing him that the bid is accepted and the player’s agent’s details.

I gradually make my way through all the emails making notes of the players that stand out. Glad I mentioned at the press conference I wanted a striker as now everyone is trying to sale me one.

I Will Find A Striker, I will Find A Striker

I contact several clubs making bids for the following players.

G.Figueroa he is a 27 year old Ecuador International attacking midfielder, playing in his home land for SD Aucas. I offer £100,000, hoping that his creative skills will be able to unlock Championship defences.

I.Vukovic, 18 year old Serbia & Mont under 21 international, he is also playing in his home land for Zeta. Hopefully 1 Million should be enough to do for the promising youngster.

T.Busic, 19 year old Croatian under 21 international, playing for Hadjuk is his homeland. I offer 1 Million, hoping that will be enough to bring the strong and nippy striker to The R’s.

However these last two are the one’s that Top my list:

Jorginho a skilful 19 year old Brazilian centre forward, already looks a good player and am sure will get better. Will 1.8 Million convince Bahia to sale their home grown talent?

P.Vitti, 20 year old Argentinean, playing in his homeland for Central, this guy looks a absolute star and am sure can get even better. I offer 1 Million which is roughly double his market worth for this explosive striker.

10am Tuesday 16th August 05

I decided not to take part in the training this morning as I was eager to try and sort out a striker and see if my bids had been successful. I sit at my desk and turn on my pc; I look at the picture of Emma and the kids. Time to move on, I mutter to myself and drop the picture into the bin. Time to check my e-mails, wish me luck.

3 Yes’s A No And A Maybe.

To my delight 3 of the bids have been successful. G.Figueroa, I.Vukovic and T.Busic are all offered contracts with The R’s. Hopefully work permits can be obtained for these 3. Bahia, wish to negotiate my offer of 1.8 Million for Jorginho, asking for 2.2 Million with half now and the rest over two years. After a bit of thought I agree to these terms, as I feel he has plenty of potential although the fee is roughly double his current market value. Central, flat out reject my 1 Million for P.Vitti, so I went back to them, this time with an offer of 1.3 Million, out of all these players he is the one that excites me most. I’m still a bit nervy of the whole work permit issue and decided to bid for another striker offering £700,000 for R.Beniusis a 25 year old Lithuanian international playing for FBK Kaunas. He only has 1 goal in 11 internationals but I figure he can’t get that many chances playing for Lithuania. It’s been a busy morning a staring at all those figures was making my head hurt. I decide to leave the office and go and get some lunch.

1pm

On my return, I put on a tape of the matches we’ve played this season and take a look through them to try and see areas we can improve in and who maybe shouldn’t be in the team. I sit at my desk as I watch the video’s and notice that my bin has been emptied, Torrie must have done it while I went out. I’m busy making notes when the phone rings. "Hello, Paul Bradley speaking."

"Hi Paul, its Kevin Smith, Mark Wilson’s agent. "

"Hi Kevin, do you have good news for me?"

"Indeed I do, Mark has signed on the dotted line and will be with you tomorrow."

"Great news, thanks a lot Kevin, and tell Mark I look forward to working with him."

"I will do, I’ll fax through now a copy of his signed contract, and I have your number. Speak to you again no doubt."

I’m happy with that, he looks a good right back, better than what we have at present. I’ll pencil him in for Saturday’s match.

Torrie comes into my office. "Things not going well with your girlfriend, I take it Paul?"

“Ex girlfriend, we’ve split up; she was gone when I came home on Saturday night. I was going to bin the picture yesterday but it seemed a bit soon after nearly five years together.â€

“Like I said the other day, maybe it’s for the best.â€

“Yeah, I think your right it clearly wasn’t working out.â€

“I oh, it doesn’t matter.â€

“What?â€

“I know it’s a bit soon but do you fancy taking me out sometime? Nothing full on we can take it slowly.â€

“Ok, Torrie I’d like that. You’re a cracking girl, down to earth and easy on the eye. How old are you by the way?â€

“I’m 23, does it matter?â€

“No not at all, just curious, thought you were younger. I’ll sort something out for us during the week if I feel up to it, if not next week.â€

“Ok, I’ll hold you to that.†With that she walks over and gentle kisses me on the check before making her exit from the room….Bless her, she’s a little sweet heart. I get back to note making whilst watching videos. Before leaving for home around 5pm.

7.15 pm Tuesday 16th August 05

I was just about to settle down for the night I had a pack of beers by my side and was about to watch Lord of the rings again, when my phone rang. I look at my phone, it’s LK. “Hi bud, what you after?â€

“[i†I quickly run and open the front door and see him parked in the road. He spots me, I give him a middle finger and he laughs as I make my way over. He gets out the car and we hug, it’s been a while since I’ve seen him. He’s more like a brother than cousin and know I can trust him with anything. I help him bring his stuff in and tell him to park his car up on the driveway. “Are you buying this place Paul?â€

“No, mate. I think it’s the Chairman’s, but I’m going to have a look at buying in the area, I quite like it here, it’s a lot different from Southampton and I miss Southampton, with all my heart, but it’s nice to be away. I’m sure you’ll feel the same once you get settled.†I show LK, his room and chat with him as he unpacks some of his belongings.

“What time do you have work tomorrow?[/i}â€

“Thinking about taking the next two days off but I’ll have to go in Friday, as I’ll be travelling to Leeds then.â€

“Won’t you get in the s**t, if you don’t go in?â€

“I doubt it, the chairman rarely bothers me and I’ll get Torrie to cover for me, I’ll call her in the morning and let her know the score.â€

“You skiving bas***d.â€

“What’s wrong with spending a bit of time with my family, haven’t seen you for over a month. You can have the place to yourself Friday night as I’ll will be away unless you fancy coming.â€

“No, I’ll stay here, I might go out on the p**s see if I can bring a dirty bird back here.â€

“You don’t change mate.â€

“What’s this Torrie like?â€

“Fit mate, you definitely would.â€

“I would have Emma to, is she single?â€

“I’m kind of seeing her.â€

“Sly old dog, any other fit women up here?â€

“Theirs Stacy, the Chairman’s PA, I don’t she her often, but she is pretty nice or there’s Candice the receptionist, she’s a MILF.â€

“She a single mum? I remember when you had a thing for them, that’s how you got with Emma.â€

“That’s cause I was given a tip, that their a sure thing. Not sure her status mate will try and find, I don’t know any other fa**y mate, not really been out. I’m in the public eye, so trying to behave.â€

“It’s not going to last with me here mate.†We both laugh; the odds are he’s right. We eventually unpack his gear then settle down with a couple of beers to watch the film.

8am Wednesday 17th August 05

I’d been up for about half an hour; it’s not often that I can lie, except if I’m hung over or have a boring day planned. I call Torrie to let her no I won’t be at work today or tomorrow. “Good Morning.†But she can get any further I cut her off.

“Morning, treacle it’s Paul.â€

“Why are you calling Paul?â€

“I won’t be in today or tomorrow, family issues, don’t worry it’s not a biggy, nothing to worry about. You fancy coming to the game again this weekend?â€

“Ok, but under one condition.â€

“Which is?â€

“I stay in your room.â€

“Of course, wouldn’t have it any other way. If Gianni asks just tell him I’m out with some contacts trying to sort some deals out in person. I’ll be in normally time on Friday; don’t forget to bring what you need for the trip.â€

“Ok, Paul, will do, see you on Friday.†Right that’s out the way, better get Tim a bell and let him no what to do with the deals. I call him from my mobile.

“Morning boss, what are you after?â€

“Morning Tim, I’m not going to be in the next two days, nothing serious just need to sort a few things. Anyway I have a couple of deals that I may need you to deal with. You got a pen and paper their?â€

“Hang on…..Yep...Go for it.â€

“Ok, first cancel my offer for Hamed Al-Issa, as we don’t need him now. If any players agree to sign and don’t get a work permit re apply, if you’re not sure how to do it Torrie will show you….. If any bids from teams are accepted, offer them contracts Torrie knows where I have their offers, should clubs accept them….. If Ian Evatt agrees to join Saints, let him go and tell him, I’ll call him in a few days, oh and don’t accept any bids, just tell them I’ll get in contact with them on Friday, oh nearly forgot if Central reject my offer for Vitti, put in another offer I’m prepared to pay up to 2 Million. Sorry to leave you with all that. Will you manage?â€

“Yeah, should be ok, if it I get stuck I’ll get Torrie to help me.â€

“You’re a top man; I appreciate what you and the coaching staff have done for me so far. Have fun and see you Friday.â€

Sweet that’s all sorted, now I’ve got two days to chill out and have a laugh with LK, may do me good and help with my stress levels.

8am Friday 19th August 05

I arrive at the office early, feeling good and fresh as a daisy those two days off have done me the world of good, the batteries are recharged I’m distressed and raring to go. I mentioned to Torrie on my way in to send Tim, into see me as soon as he arrives.

I’d only been in my office for half an hour or so when Tim, comes into the office.

“How’s things Tim?â€

“Good boss, how things with you?â€

“All, sorted, all sorted, and Tim, call me Paul, how long have we been working together now, over a month. I’m not here for a power trip; I’m here for the same reason as you to improve this team…. So what’s the latest with the transfers?â€

“Well, I cancelled the Al-Issa, deal like you said…Hang on a minute…I have it all written down here.†Tim reaches into his pocket and retrieves a piece of paper. “Ok… Figueroa, Vukovic and Busic have all agreed terms, but all need work permits. We should get the decisions some time next week. I offered Jorginho the contract you had ready, and Central, said they would do a deal for 1.8 Million, I agreed so I’ve offered Vitti the contract, you suggested although his agent said it’s very unlikely Vitti will join us, I think he fancies a move to a bigger team, although he hasn’t had any other offers as yet. Beniusis has been offered a contract as well as your bid was accepted.….Oh yeah Evatt has moved on to Southampton, he agreed terms yesterday.

“Good work Tim, you’ll be in my job next.â€

“Don’t think so Paul, don’t want the stress I’m more than happy with this job thanks, anything else you want to know boss?â€

“Anything happen while I’ve been away, any players giving you grief?â€

“No Paul….. Can we afford all these players boss?â€

“No, just made a lot of offers as I always get stitched up on work permits and the more I go for the better the odds are that one will go through.â€

“That’s fair enough; anyway the lads will be in soon, just going to have a light session today as we’re travelling later.â€

With that Tim leaves the room…..It’s good to know that I have staff I can trust to get on with things if ever I’m away…..I really hope that one of these deals come off, I’m running out of ideas fast for a forward, I can afford and good enough to improve the team….Tough game tomorrow hope the players are up for it.

Later That Night.

Everyone has checked in at the hotel and despite getting another ribbing from the lads on the coach about Torrie I’m in good spirit. I told Ray and Tim, to check on the player’s hotel rooms again at shutdown. After unpacking Torrie asks if I fancy going to the cinema with her, I agree why not, sounds like a good way to unwind before a big match….We went to watch The War of the Worlds as none of us had seen it…Wish I didn’t bother, load of crap with such a boring ending, and for f**k sake you saw the area the son was in explode and then he’s alive at the end….Sorry I just don’t buy it. Torrie seemed to like it so I play along, don’t want to seem like a miserable bugger on our…well, first date I suppose….We head back to the hotel and get ready for bed….She gives me a kiss…That’s all I swear we only kissed…She’s a good girl with morals…Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing…

Yeah, I like Joy...She seems a top lady...It's funny as Leeds2022 said reding your story made him write one...And I decided to do it after reading his...Only read your's today but have to say am very impressed. To get a compliment from a great writer like you really does mean a lot. As I'm sure you know only to well it takes alot of effort to write a story like this...But the comments make it worth the while..I'll be reading you stories as they updated from now on. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

8am Saturday 20th August 05

The alarm goes…I rub my eyes and switch it off and head for the shower…By the time I get out Torrie is putting her face on.

“Morning sweetness.â€

“Your in a good mood this morning Paul.â€

“And why wouldn’t I be? Waking up next to you makes life seem more enjoyable.â€

“Are you after something?â€

“No, just wanted to let you know that. I enjoy spending time with you and things are going along nicely, just enjoying life.â€

“Good, I really like you to. You fancy a coffee?â€

“Yeah, go on then.†I don’t drink a lot of coffee…Don’t get me wrong I like it….Just can’t be bothered to make it….Ever…It’s the fact you have to wait ages for the water to boil and if I leave the room I can’t be bothered to go back in. Torrie hands me my coffee.

“Thanks babe.â€

“Babe now, next you’ll say I’m your girlfriend.â€

“I will if you want.â€

“Of course I do.â€

“Ok, it’s official, you’re the luckiest lady on the planet, and you’re my girlfriend.â€

“Muppet.†She laughs and throws a pillow at me.

“You nearly spilt my coffee don’t make me take my belt off woman.†We both laugh….And start to get ready….We meet up downstairs with the players and staff just after 10am, their all having breakfast…. We sit with the players and have a chat with them. They seem in good spirit and all looking forward to playing at Elland Road, especially some of the foreign players who have never played there before but remember Leeds as a Premiership team….If I think back hard enough….Yes…I remember Q.P.R. as a Premiership team….We had that guy with the dodgy hair...What was his name….Ah Darren Peacock…That’s it.

Moving on….We all meet outside the hotel to be picked up at 12 midday, and soon arrive at our destination….Elland Road….Home of the once mighty Leeds….I leave the players in the capable hands of the coaching staff and meet with Leeds manager Kevin Blackwell…He seems like a really nice guy, he’s pretty new to all this as well and under a great deal of pressure at Leeds….We chat for about half an hour before wishing each other well after this match anyway and getting back to our own business.

2.45pm

The players have finished warming up and come back into the changing room.

“Right boys…This is without a shadow of a doubt the biggest and toughest match of our season so far…If we get a result today the rest of this league will know that we mean business….You shouldn’t need any kind of motivating for a game like this…You’ve seen the size of the crowd, and you’ve heard them…I can hear them in here….Rise above it…Concentrate on your own game, not the crowd….Don’t let them be the 12th man for Leeds….Do me proud…Oh and one more thing….Get me a f**king goal.†The players laugh and look up for it, just hope they can perform out there.

The starting line up:

P.Kok GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, M.Rowlands RM, D.Limbersky LM, D.Potter CM, M.Bircham (Capt) CM, D.Pessarossi CF and B.K.Ingebretson CF.

And on the bench:

S.Royce GK, D.Shimmin CB, M.Bean CM, N.Dyer LM/RM and V.Pericard CF.

New signings Wilson and Ingebretson come in for their debuts. Wilson is now my first choice right back and Ingebretson gets the chance to impress now he’s fit, although lacking match practice. Kok makes his first start as Carson, will be out for 2 more weeks.

3pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 4

Leeds United Vs Q.P.R.

Kick Off:

Paul Thomas blows his whistle with Leeds attacking from right to left…Much to my surprise we start off the better team stroking the ball around with confidence and looking at ease, not giving Leeds a sniff at goal…The one downer being for all our nice play we're just not creating decent chances. 13 minutes….1,2 between Potter and Bircham sees Potter through in the box surely a long over due goal….Wide….My hands are on my head…I can’t believe it…..25 minutes….Wilson swings in a cross from 40 yards out….It’s behind the Leeds defence…Great run by Potter….Controls it…Shoots….Wide….I don’t believe it, he’s had two great chances…Why don’t they fall to Pessarossi…He hasn’t had a sniff lately…Healy at the other end brought a good save from Kok in the 38th minute shooting form outside the area….Good match…But no goals as the half time whistle blows..

Leeds United – 0

Q.P.R.- 0

“Better lads a lot better than the last two matches…Don’t f**k it up second half….We should be in front but a point today will be a good one…Potter chin up mate…Don’t worry son the goals will come…Just keep getting in those positions… I’m pleased with you all, but lets give those fans a goal…It’s been a while since they saw one.â€

Kick Off:

We start off the second half well again and are by far the better team…Potter missed another chance in 56th minute shooting wide from outside the box….66th minute…Limbersky beats Kelly down the left flank and whips in a cross…Pessarossi beats his marker to the ball and heads it goal wards….It beats Bennett…..But not the post and Leeds clear the ball…Give us a break for f**k sake I srceam…72nd minute….Whack….Down goes Bircham….I hope it’s not serious….He’s clutching his ribs and Potter waves over for a sub….I send on Bean…I take off Ingebretson as he’s tiring. Pericard replaces him…During the time he’s on the field Pericard misses two sitters firing wide on both occasions. Despite us playing well the Leeds fans are chanting boring boring Rangers…Great thanks for rubbing it in that we can’t score goals…. The final whistle blows…

Final Score

Leeds United -0

Q.P.R – 0

M.O.M. - I Bennett (Leeds)

Attendance 29,452

A few of the Leeds fans boo, but more importantly my fans are happy despite a third game without a goal. I shake hands with Kevin Blackwell and head off down the tunnel and back to our changing room.

“Unlucky lads…Cracking performance can’t knock…Pericard you should of scored mate…Your going to have to improve if your going to stay here…Other than that well done. I never thought for a minute I would be disappointed to come away with a point but I am, although I don’t want to take anything away…You gave it your all and I can’t ask more than that."

10am Sunday 21st August 05

I'm woken by the LK's laughter, what ever it is it must be funny as he’s struggling to control himself. “Paul, Paul, come downstairs you have to see this.†I put some clothes on and head downstairs.

“What is it mate?â€

“This.†With that he opens his copy of The News of The World, and to my shock and horror my ex Emma has sold a kiss and tell story. Trying not to wet him self LK carries on.

“She looks great in the pics mate but you should read what she’s said about you. That’s made my day.â€

“Shut up mate, she’s bang out of order. What’s she got to say?â€

“Say’s about your wild romps and your lust for hard rough sex and about her dressing up as a naughty nurse for you.â€

“F**king bitch, she was mrs hard and rough, and what bloke isn’t going to be turned on when you come home from work and see your partner dressed up as a nurse. Hardly makes me a freak, I don’t really give a ****, she can do want she wants she won’t break me.â€

“You have to admit, it is funny?â€

“Yeah, I’d laugh if happened to you, just didn’t think she’d do that at least its publicity for me I guess. What’s it say about my boys in there?â€

“The reports said you played well, just couldn’t score say you had over twenty attempts with just under half on target.â€

“That’s ok then, not sure how many shots we had but sure had a lot. Need a new forward and fast I’m half tempted to give you a game.â€

“I couldn’t last five minutes mate, to tiring. Anyway you pleased I didn’t burn the house down?â€

“Yeah, I was a bit worried, so did you get lucky Friday night mate?â€

“Wouldn’t say lucky, brought back this 40 year old divorcee, for a crazy time. Nothing to look at but a goer, may call her if I can’t get a better offer soon.â€

“40, rather you than me mate. Anyway what do you fancy doing today?â€

“How about a pub lunch and then a bit of poker or watch a video, easy day I reckon.†A nice easy day should leave fresh for the start of a new week tomorrow.

2pm Monday 22nd August 05

As I expected I got a ribbing for the players and coaching staff this morning, but it was all light hearted, Torrie doesn’t seem too bothered by it and was her normal self with me this morning. The Chairman Gianni had asked me to see him in his office earlier. He said that although I could do nothing about the story to try and stay out of the press as far as my private life goes; he doesn’t want this place turning into a media circus. He pointed out that he has arranged a press conference for 3pm for me to answer questions and tell my side and to clear the mess up. I get ready and decide I better make my way over to the press room.

I’m a bit nervous as I wait to go in, hopefully I don’t get made to look even more stupid….I head in.

Gianni sits next to me.

“So Paul, will you be bringing in Emma as a nurse to look after your injured players?†Some of the press start laughing.

“I’m sorry to disappoint the players, but I’ll be sticking with the staff that I have.â€

“After women have read about your romps and how you always went out to satisfy your partner, do you think you’ll be flooded with offers?â€

“I’m not really bothered, to tell the truth. I’m more concerned that my players can’t score on the pitch than me scoring off it.â€

“On the football front have got any players lined up to come to The R’s, you must have money to spend?â€

“I’ve made offers to several players and if I can get one I’ll be happy, the board have been kind with the money they have given me to spend. What I raise from sales I get to spend. I can’t ask for fairer than that.â€

“Do you feel that the fans and players will support you after this story?â€

“I have the backing at everyone at the club, it wasn’t my idea to release the story I had no idea she did it. As for the fans I think they will judge me by what I do on the pitch. I never meant to upset anyone and if I have I’m deeply sorry. The fans are the most important people to this club, without them there is no Q.P.R, I just want to get back to what I do and concentrate on football matters.â€

There were no further questions so I went back to my office. Wasn’t half as bad as I had imagined.

New Striker Arrives Is He The Answer?

Shortly after arriving back in my office I notice I had received a fax, it’s from the agent of R.Beniusis saying his client has agreed to sign and that a work permit is not an issue…He will arrive tomorrow…Good stuff, hopefully he will bring his goal scoring boots with him…This news was a bonus as I check my emails to find that Vitti had turned us down and G.Figueroa, I.Vukovic, T.Busic and Jorginho, had all been turned down for work permits. I re-apply for Figueroa’s as he plays in midfield but decide to leave the rest….Hopefully the new boy will be fit and able to play in the League Cup match with Swansea on Wednesday. I leave my office and have a quick word with Torrie, saying that we will play it cool, but arrange for her to come to mine for dinner on Thursday night.

2pm Tuesday 23rd August 05

Mayday Mayday Man Down!

It hadn’t been a good morning, so hopefully the afternoon would be better. Phil Webb told me that’s it likely Bircham will be out for 8-10 weeks after cracking his ribs against Leeds….It’s a major blow as he’s the captain and holds the midfield together. I decide I better see if I can bring someone in to cover for him.

Phone A Friend, Is A Loan The Answer?

After scrolling through the loans I come across the Newcastle United pair of L.Bowyer and A.Faye, and after a short call to Souness, he agrees I can have both for the season, if they agree to it….Fingers crossed on that one, Faye can cover for Bircham and Bowyer can score and create goals…Just have to keep him out of trouble…I’ll buy him a punch bag if I can get him.

My scouts had left me a list of players they feel I may be interested in, all cheap players. They had left files on each of these players and emailed me clips of them in action. I make offers for three of them, two look like they could do a job now, and the other will have to wait his time if I can get them.

More Bids, Its None Stop At Loftus Road

R.Lawen, 18 year old Swed, has potential and is quick. Will have to work hard on his fitness and stamina, but £50,000 will hardly bankrupt us. Currently playing in Sweden, for Malmo FF.

H.Almeida, 21 year old with one full cap for Portugal. Transfer listed by Porto and currently rotting away in their B squad. Has to be better than the £10,000 asking price suggests, from what I’ve seen the boy could do a more than decent job here.

R.Urban, 25 year old Slovakian International attacking midfielder, looks a good creative player. With the luck I’m having with South Americans and their work permits, I table his club MFK Ruzomerok an offer of £200,000.

If I get this little lot the squad will have strength and depth in nearly all areas. I decide to call Evatt as I promised I would, to see how he’s settling in at Southampton.

“Hi Paul, thanks for the call, how are you?â€

“I’m very well thanks Ian, I’m sorry I never got to play you, I do rate you as a player, it’s just that I’m a bit overloaded in your position.â€

“Hey, don’t worry about it, that’s football and things have worked out, I’m really excited to be with Southampton, and they’re a massive club.â€

“You should fit in well there, good luck for the season and I hope The Saints do well.†We say our goodbyes…I really do wish him well, good player but he needed first team football.

2pm Wednesday 24th August 05

I was very pleased on entering my office to see that I had received faxes, from the clubs of the three players I bid for yesterday pointing out they had been accepted. I immediately contacted all of their agents and offer them deals. I’m pretty optimistic that I’ll be able to land all 3 as none of them want silly money. Haven’t heard back yet from the Newcastle pair, but hopefully I’ll hear back soon and have them in time for the weekend.

7.15pm

With the players warmed up and back in the changing room…It can mean only one thing team talk…â€Right lads it the first round of the cup, and although I’m not interested in a cup run, I don’t want to lose against a lower league club…Our aim is promotion …I don’t want us picking up any silly bookings or injuries…We’re undefeated so far and I want that to be the case after this match…I want goals tonight and lots of them.â€

The players make there way back out to the field. The starting eleven for tonight’s match.

P.Kok GK, M.Bignot RB, M.Milanese LB, D.Shimmin CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, D.Limbersky (Capt) LM, D.Potter CM, M.Bean CM, R.Beniusis CF and V.Pericard CF.

And on the bench:

S.Royce GK, D.Shittu CB, T.Doherty CM, G.Ainsworth RM and T.Walcott RM/CF.

A much weakened side from the one that drew with Leeds at the weekend, but one that I feel can do the job at hand.

7.30pm

League Cup First Round

Q.P.R. Vs Swansea

Kick Off:

Mark Warren, blows his whistle and match is on the way….I quite opening period, we are playing well and created a few opportunities but not really working their keeper enough…23rd minute new boy Beniusis, sends Pericard on his way only for him to have his shot saved….Bean heads a cross from Limbersky over the bar in the 34th minute as The R’s start to mount the pressure…42nd minute Limbersky plays the ball between the Swansea right back and centre back for Pericard to get onto….He collects the ball and fires right footed at goal…..Goal!!!!!!!....At last, I clench my fis,t get in there…Minutes later and it’s the Half Time whistle.

Q.P.R -1

Swansea – 0

“Well done lads keep another clean sheet and where through. Carry on like you did first half and we’ll be fine they haven’t looked like scoring just keep Trundle quite and we’ll be fine.â€

Kick Off:

A fairly uneventful first 15 minutes, we’ve had a few chances to increase the lead and Trundle’s made Kok do some work…I decide it’s time to give a few of the players a rest as I can’t see Swansea scoring. I make a triple substitution, Ainsworth for Dyer, Doherty for Potter and Walcott for Pericard….It’s all looking well until Trundle picks up the ball 30 yards out beats Shimmin and fires at goal……Kok dives to his left and saves but can’t hold it….And theres Goodfellow to fire it home…Goal!!! 1-1 with 13 minutes to play…Come on lads I scream I really don’t want extra time…..Limbersky beats his man and crosses into the box…Bean is up well and heads it goal wards…Goal!!! 2-1 to Q.P.R. with only 8 minutes left on the clock…We keep it tight for the rest of the game and hold on for our first win in four matches…The home crowd are delighted they got the goals and the win they wanted.

Final Score

Q.P.R -2

V.Pericard 42

M.Bean 82

Swansea -1

Goodfellow 77

M.O.M. – D.Limbersky (Q.P.R.)

Attendance 13,479

“Well done lads we’re through that’s the main thing and nice to see some goals again. Lets use this as a platform for our home match with Crewe on Saturday.â€

9am Thursday 25th August 05

The players had today off following their cup win as I want to have as many players fit as possible for Saturday….Shortly after arriving this morning Souness from Newcastle called to say that both A.Faye and L.Bowyer had tuned down the season loan offers…I ask Souness to find out if they will consider coming for 3 months instead…He lets me know that he’ll get back to me…Hopefully it will be soon as it’s deadline day is next Wednesday. I’ve already decided on my team to play Crewe, but that could chance if we get some new faces….There’s not much for me to do today so I decide to head home early, checking first with Torrie if she is still coming over and what time.

7pm

Torrie arrives at my place, I’ve already warned LK to behave and stay out of the way if possible. “Thanks for coming over sexy you look lovely.â€

“Thanks Paul, you don’t look so bad yourself.

“Oh LK, Torrie Torrie ,LK.â€

“I want that one.â€

“Shut it LK.â€

“Is LK, your real name/â€

“No, it’s Lee, but everyone calls me LK, because of Paul, even my mum and dad.â€

“Oh, so what we eating tonight then Paul?â€

“You hopefully.â€

“LK, I’ve warned you.â€

“It’s ok I think he’s funny.â€

“He’s a d**k more like, well I was going to suggest getting a takeaway as I don’t want to kill you with my cooking. If you fancy that, I’ve got loads of menus.â€

“Mmmmm….I fancy a pizza.â€

Ok, Pizza it is…You two write down what you’re having I can never remember orders.†They both write down their orders so I phone through for a delivery.

“It’s going to be here in about 40 minutes guys.â€

“Ok, mate….So Torrie…Have you got any fit mates?â€

“No…Sorry not really.â€

“What about Stacy and Candice?â€

“Stacy has a boyfriend been with him for about a year, I guess, Candice is single but she has twins Josh and James.â€

“Set me up with her.â€

“You don’t know what she looks like.â€

“Does it matter….I mean what does she look like?â€

“She’s about 5 foot 3, has long straight black hair average build I guess. She’s quite pretty.â€

“Ok, hook me up.â€

“Ok I’ll try.†We carry on talking about different things LK keeps coming up with his weird and random comments. When the pizza arrives, I pay the delivery guy and take the food into the lounge….We watch Sin City on dvd as we munch away on our food….I love that film…

“Right I’m going up to my room have some work to do on my websites. See you guys later and nice to meet you Torrie. If it doesn’t work out with Paul, you can have me I’m a real man.†With that he leaves.

“Is he always like that?â€

No, usually he’s worse…He cracks me up…Doesn’t care what he says or who he says it go. He’ll never change….Do you fancy staying over tonight?â€

“Oh…I would but I didn’t bring another clothes with me….I guess I could always pop home in the morning and get changed it’s on the way to work from here anyway.â€

We stay downstairs chatting for a bit before heading off to bed…Only a kiss again…Taking my time…Playing the charm card…

2pm Friday 26th August 05

A quite day in the office with the only things of any interest happening being me bidding for £325,000 for Hearts Scottish International attacking midfielder P.Hartley…Fingers crossed on that one a work permit won’t be an issue, which reminds me Figueroa’s move to Q.P.R. was cancelled after failing to obtain a work permit.

2.45pm Saturday 27th August 05

“Ok, lads we won in midweek now lets take that form into the league…We need to starting winning again as soon as we can…I have every faith we can beat Crewe today…We just have to go for it…We’re better than them and if both teams give 100%...They’ll only be one winner….Us.â€

The starting line up is as follows.

P.Kok GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, D.Limbersky (Capt) LM, D.Potter CM, M.Bean CM, R.Beniusis CF and D.Pessarossi CF.

And on the bench:

S.Royce GK, D.Shimmin CB, T.Doherty CM, G.Ainsworth RM and B.K.Ingebretsen CF.

I decide to go with what I believe is my strongest available squad in the hop of getting the 3 points today.

3pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 5

Q.P.R. Vs Crewe

Kick Off:[/]

Carl Boyeson starts of the procedures at Loftus Road….In a bright opening Dyer and Potter both go close for the home side as The R’s pin Crewe into their own half. …In the 36th minute a lovely passing move involving 9 of the home teams players finishes with Murphy crossing from deep….Pessarossi in the air…Gets his head on it….Goal!!! 1-0…Q.P.R. continue to make chance after the chance as the halftime whistle blows.

Q.P.R. – 1

Crewe – 0

“Great stuff lads, the best 45 minutes we’ve played this season…They’re there for the taking…Keep doing what you’re doing and more goals will come.â€

Kick Off:

My boys do exactly what I tell them and continue to apply the pressure…They get there reward in the 51st minute when Beniusis heads home Dyer’s cross…Goal!! 2-0…The match carries on much the same Crewe just can’t get their game going against a rampant Rangers side…75mins..Murphy got hurt after a collision with Lunt, he says he’s ok, but I take him off to be safe…Triple substitution Shimmin for Murphy Ainsworth for Dyer and Ingebretsen for Beniusis…81st minute Limbersky whips the ball into the box…the ball appears to have hit Vaughan on the arm….Boyeson points to the spot…The fans are loving it….Up steps [bPessarossi….Goal!!![/b] Into the corner 3-0 and game over…Minutes later the final whistle blows.

Final Score

Q.P.R. – 3

Pessarossi 36,81 pen

Beniusis 51

Crewe – 0

M.O.M. – D.Limbersky (Q.P.R)

Attendance 18,454

I shake hands with Dario Gradi his face says it all, I feel sorry for the bloke he has a really hard task on his hands keeping that lot up.

“F**king brilliant lads…3 goals and more importantly 3 points. Cant ask for more than that….Benny well done on getting your first goal for us keep it going…Nice finishing again Pessa nice to see the chances come your way again….And Limbs keep doing what you’re doing mate your on fire.â€

The result moves us up to third in the league 4 points behind top of the pile Norwich, who have 13points. Plymouth are in second with 10 points. Ipswich, Stoke and Luton are on 9 points the same as us but we have the better goal difference.

5.30pm Saturday 27th August 05

Press Conference

“Paul, you sitting pretty in third place and haven’t conceded in the league since the opening match, where do you go from here?â€

“Well, it’s only early in the season but I couldn’t have asked for a much better start. Undefeated all season and only 4 points off the top, some will say it’s downhill from here, but it’s my job to keep the players feet on the ground and make sure we keep picking up results.â€

“Beniusis, got his first goal today he looks a good buy, you pleased with him?â€

“Yeah, Benny did well today as did all the boys. I’m happy with the players I have and hope to bring in a couple more before the transfer window closes on Wednesday.â€

“So will you be off loading anyone?â€

“Maybe, depends if we receive any offers and if anyone wants to leave.â€

“Limbersky has been captain since Bircham, was injured but the rumour is Limbersky doesn’t speak a word of English. Is this true?â€

“No, he knows about 10 words, but he’s learning, as our my other foreign players, but he uses signs to get his message across and leads by example with his performances on the field. Beckham’s not a great talker but he’s been a great captain for England.â€

“Well the fans seem to be behind you after a shaky start do you have a message for them?â€

“Thanks for getting behind me, it’s been a rocky rollercoaster of a month and a bit with the players that left and splitting with my long term partner. Thanks for supporting the boys and we’ll be doing our best to ensure the fans will be happy come the end of the season.â€

2pm Monday 29th August 05

It had been a hectic weekend; we travelled to Cardiff soon after my press conference on Saturday night, as I wanted to give the players as much time to recover ahead of our match away to Cardiff City later tonight. We had a good win on Saturday and later that night Torrie called me to say we had been draw at home in the second round of the League Cup against Yeovil Town, the tie to be played on Wednesday 21st September, Torrie then mentioned she had some goods news.

3 New Boys And Two No No’s

R.Lawen £50,000, H.Almeida £10,000 and R.Urban £200,000 had all agreed terms, I informed Torrie[b/] to get them all to fly into Wales to meet up with the squad. L.Bowyer and A.Faye both rejected me for a second time, turning down the 3 month loan offers. I remained upbeat the squad was getting stronger and results were going well. We still had a bit of money not a great deal but enough for another player at least and fingers crossed I’ll get an offer for some of the dead wood in the squad.

7.15pm Monday 29th August 05

It was my first visit to Cardiff since I went there as a fan to watch my beloved Southampton play Arsenal in the F.A. Cup final two years earlier. I want to leave Cardiff happier today than I did that day. Time for a chat with the boys.

“We were fantastic on Saturday, I want more of the same tonight….I know some of you’re tired but there players are in the same boat…Just play our game don’t let Koumas dictate the match or him and Jerome will rip us apart….Go out there and so the people that were third in the league and unbeaten for a reason.â€

The starting line up is

P.Kok GK, M.Wilson RB, M.Milanese LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, M.Rowlands RM, D.Limbersky (Capt) LM, D.Potter CM, R.Urban CM, R.Beniusis CF and V.Pericard CF.

And on the bench:

S.Royce GK, D.Shimmin CB, T.Doherty CM, G.Ainsworth RM and K.Gallen

Milanese came in for Murphy as he hasn’t fully recovered from his knock. Rowlands is full fit so starts with Dyer dropping out of the squad. Urban is handed his debut in place of Bean. Pericard comes in for the unfit Pessarossi.

7.30pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 6

Cardiff City Vs Q.P.R.

Kick Off:

G.Sutton starts the match….Not the best of starts with Beniusis picking up a booking after 4 minutes for pushing Cox…6 minutes….Long ball out of the Cardiff defence…Windass rises above Shittu and flicks the ball on….Jerome latches onto it out pacing Diamond….And shoots at goal…..Goal!!! Great finish into the room of the net. 1-0 Cardiff…We struggle to match Cardiff and don’t create anything until with 19 minutes played, Limbersky picks the ball up in his own half and plays the ball in behind the Cardiff defence…Beniusis collects the pass and charges in at goal…Goal!!! Calmly tucked away to level things up…25 minutes and another long ball is flicked on Windass…Jerome again is first to the ball…Strides into the area….Goal!!! Slots it away with easy…I’m not happy and switch Shittu and Diamond around as they are both struggling with their men….34 minutes…A foul by Potter 25 yards from goal sees Koumas lining up a free kick….He runs up….Curls it round the wall…And into the roof of the net…Goal!!! 3-1 Cardiff…I’m far from happy and scream orders to attack…I can’t believe my defence that has looked so solid is being destroyed at the moment…2 minutes later and Milanese leaves the field after being injured by Ardley, Shimmin[/b] is brought on to play at left back. …We start to play better and in first half injury time Potter plays the ball into the box….Cox jumps all over Beniusis and a spot kick is awarded….Urban on his debut steps up….Goal!!! 3-2 calmly tucked away penalty gives us a ray of hope…Seconds later the whistle blows for half time.

Cardiff City – 3

Q.P.R. – 2

“It’s not looking good is it boys? We’ve been so tight at the back this year but it’s just not happening for us today, but things could be a lot worse and we’re only 1 goal behind…We have to go for it second half if we’re going to get anything from today….Go out and play like we did on Saturday…You can do it boys.â€

Kick Off:

The second half is on the way and we have looked tighter at the back. Jerome missed a chance for his hatrick in the 57th minute, but we’ve had our own chance with Potter and Pericard unlucky…72nd Minute time to make some changes. Gallen replaces Rowlands and Bean is on for the tired Urban. I tell Gallen to play upfront so we’ve switched to a 4-3-3….The change may pay of as in injury time and me just seconds away for my first competitive defeat, Limbersky finds Shimmin on the overlap….Crosses into the danger area….Can Doherty get there?.....He does and heads it into the back of the net….Goal!!!!....The final whistle blows and we stole an unlikely and undeserved point.

Final Score

Cardiff – 3

Jerome 6,25

Koumas 34

Q.P.R. – 3

Beniusis 19

Urban 45

Doherty 90

M.O.M. – C.Jerome (Cardiff City)

Attendance 19,723

I shake hands with Dave Jones…Man is he p**sed off and head for the dressing room a happy and relieved man. “You f**king lucky ba****ds….Well done for coming back from 2 goals behind…You showed the doubters we’ve got some nuts…We looked good going forward and I’m sure this was a one off defensively so I’m not going to bo****k you…We got a point we should have so well done.â€

2pm Tuesday 30th August 05

With just today and tomorrow left during this transfer window I offered both D.Sturridge and M.Nygaard to a host of clubs for £100,000 each, neither figure in my plans and so will be bonus money and nice to have them off the payroll.

D.Limbersky, H.Almeida, B.K.Ingebretsen and Z.Diamond were called up today by their respective countries for the up and coming under 21 internationals. No further news to report today by I do have my eye on one player for a deadline day signing.

2pm Wednesday 31st August 05

Transfer Deadline Day

I had mixed news when I entered my offer this morning Wolves had offered £100,000 for D.Sturridge but there were no offers for M.Nygaard, looks like he’s staying put. I quickly gave Glenn Hoddle all the details so he would be able to complete the signing, hopefully it will go through.

3pm Wednesday 31st August 05

P.Hartley rejects The R’s to join Premiership Middlesbrough for £325,000, who came in with a late offer. I really could have done with him, so I’ll have to go with the other player I’m interested in and hope to get a deal struck.

I agree a fee of £450,000 with Iranian club Foulad over the phone for their 22 year old attacking midfielder E.Mobali. I point out will need an answer from the player today or no deal. He looks a very good player and will be a bonus to have another creative midfielder on the books.

6pm Wednesday 31st August 05

American outfit Columbus Crew make me an offer of £12,000 upfront £90,000 over two years and £575,000 after 40 goals for M.Nygaard. I accept the offer and pass on the details. I don’t expect him to get the goals but will be nice to ship him out. I notice that the American’s have a different transfer window to us so this transfer doesn’t have to go through today.

9pm Wednesday 31st August 05

Glenn Hoddle called to say he had completed the deal for D.Sturridge so the 32 year old front man will return to one of his former clubs.

10pm Wednesday 31st August 05

E.Mobali’s agent informs me his client has signed and will fax the details straight away. Lucky a work permit was not an issue. I fax all the paper work off to make sure the deal beats the deadline….No problems with any of the deals so one in one out and a maybe….I’m happy with what I have, well I’ll have to be until January at least.

Other News

U.Ukah was called up for the first time by the Nigerian under 21’s. M.Wilson Scotland, T.Doherty and S.Lomas N.Ireland and R.Beniusis Lithuania were all called up to their countries full international teams.

S.Carson returned from his knee injury today.

2pm Thursday 1st September 05

Fixtures Update

The R’s fixture list for the coming month is as follows.

Saturday 10th Away to Norwich City

Tuesday 13th Home to Sheffield United

Saturday 17th Home to Southampton

Wednesday 21st Home to Yeovil Town

Saturday 24th Away to Coventry City (Live On Sky)

Tuesday 27th Home to Watford

Monthly Awards

Norwich City manager N.Worthington was named Championship manager of the month, after guiding his team to the top of the Championship. I sadly was amongst the top 3 contenders for this award.

Southampton new boy P.Wotton won the Championship player of the month award he only signed yesterday from Plymouth.

My boys did well in the Championship young player of the month award Z.Diamond received the award with team mate D.Limbersky in third.

2pm Friday 2nd September 05

Board Update

I meet with the board earlier in the day to discuss my job, I was very pleased with the outcome when the board informed me that they are happy with my performance so far despite the club losing money last month….Well at least I can’t spend anymore money this month….Signing a player for me is like a women buying shoes…May have to buy Torrie a pair may help me get lucky.

M.Bean bruised a thigh in training this morning g and will be out for between 5 days and 2 weeks…We don’t have a game for another 8 days and he’s dropped down my list for a starting place with my new signings so it’s not a major blow.

2pm Saturday 3rd September 05

International Round Up

Z.Diamond didn’t have the best of games as Scotland Under 21’s lost 2-1 at home to Italy. D.Limbersky also didn’t fair to well as the Czech Republic Under 21’s drew 1-1 away to Romania. U.Ukah did well on his debut for Nigeria’s Under 21’s. B.K.Ingebretson scored a hatrick on his debut for Norway’s Under 21’s in a 5-2 away win against Slovenia.

D.Potter was called up into Ireland’s Under 21 squad.

6pm Saturday 3rd September 05

England Win

England beat Wales 2-0 in Cardiff, Vassell got the first and Beckham secured the win from the penalty spot. Poland drew 0-0 with Austria and N.Ireland thumped Azerbaijan 5-1. Tonight’s results saw England move top of the group level on points with Poland but with a game in hand.

10am Sunday 4th September 05

I was relieved when I looked through the Sunday papers and there was mention of my personal life. I’d had a horrible feeling in my stomach that Emma may have sold a second story, I guess she earned enough from the one last week, just hope no other ex’s come out of the woodwork with a story to make some money. I’m not really anger with Emma any more, after reflecting on it I might have done it, if it was the other way round.

As I have the day off I decided to look online at houses in the area as I feel confident I will be with the club for a while and it will be a good investment….After finding some suitable houses I printed all the details and gave them to LK, and tell him to contact all the agencies tomorrow to arrange viewing., pointing out that he can do the viewing as I won’t be able to due to work. I know he will pick a good one as he has to live there to….It also gives him something to do and earn the money I pay him.

2pm Tuesday 6th September 05

Another Player Leaves

M.Nygaard came to see me before training this morning to tell me that he had agreed terms with Columbus Crew and was going to join them with immediate effect. I wish him well…I’ll be prayer he can grab the goals for them…

International Round Up

H.Almeida scored twice for Portugal Under 21’s in there 2-2 away draw with Russia. D.Limbersky came on as a sub for the Czech Republic in there goalless draw with Armenia. B.K.Ingebretson played against team mate Z.Diamond in their counties 1-1 draw, and in other news R.Beniusis was named in the Championship team of the week.

10pm Wednesday 7th September 05

England Win Again

England won 1-0 away against N.Ireland with Vassell scoring the only goal of the game. Poland beat Wales 2-1 at home so no change in the group table.

2pm Thursday 8th September 05

G.Kenneth returned from injury today. Hopefully I’ll be able to get him back to fitness soon and see how he’ll fit into my long term plans for the club. I had a long chat with young T.Walcott today, he hadn’t asked to see me but I wanted to reassure him on a few things. I have designed a new training plan for him and told him that with his new heavier work load he’ll be playing less for the under 18’s as I don’t want him injured. I quickly point out that I am doing this as I feel it’s in his and my best interest’s long term….Torrie enters the room…

“How you doing babe?â€

“I’m good, thanks just thought I’d bring you in a fresh cup of coffee and see how you’re doing.â€

“I’m fine just planning for the match on Saturday seems like forever since we last played. You still coming to the game babe?â€

“Yeah, can’t wait I enjoy the trips plus I get to spend more time with you. How’s the house hunting been going?â€

“Not bad, LK has viewed a couple and is waiting to see a few others before we start putting any offers in.â€

“I better get back to work Paul, call if you need anything.â€

“Don’t worry I will.â€

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9pm Friday 9th September 05

Everyone involved in tomorrows match is in the hotel ready to take on the Championship leaders Norwich. Me and Torrie are in our room; hopefully the players are doing the same.

“Paul, are you happy being with me?â€

“Yes, of course Torrie, why do you ask?â€

“I was just thinking, we don’t see a lot of each other outside of work and you haven’t tried to sleep with me, don’t you find me attractive?â€

“Of course I find you attractive I think you’re stunning, and of course I want to sleep with you who wouldn’t, I just didn’t want to rush things or make you think I’m too pushy and only after one thing.â€

“I’ve never thought that about you, and I think it’s time we move our relationship forward, I trust you and I hope you trust me.â€

“I wouldn’t go out with you if I didn’t trust; no relationship is worth anything thing without it. If you want you’re more than welcome to move in with me if you want?â€

“I’d love to, I love spending time with you and it would put my mind at ease.â€

“That’s sorted then, you can move in when you want. I think its best we don’t mention it to anyone evolved at the club, as I don’t want either us to get in trouble over this.â€

“Don’t worry Paul I’m not going to tell anyone.â€

Moments later we hit the sack and finally the magic happened…..I just hope the lad’s can match my performance off the field on the field….Happy Days…

2.45pm Saturday 10th September 05

It was time for our toughest match of the season away to table topping Norwich. The bookies had made us underdogs for this one and who could blame them, this time last year Norwich were a Premiership outfit.

“Ok, boys I hope your ready for this one because we know Norwich will be…We need to keep the pressure on the top teams and anything other than defeat will be a good result….If we play to our strengths you never no anything’s possible in football….Go out there and show those fancy dans that we mean business.â€

S.Carson GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, D.Limbersky (Capt) LM, D.Potter CM, R.Urban CM, R.Beniusis CF and D.Pessarossi CF.

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, G.Kenneth CB, E.Mobali AMC/FC, M.Rowlands RM and V.Pericard CF

The fit again Carson, returns as my number one. Murphy is fit again so replaces Milanese. Dyer is in for the disappointing Rowlands. Pessarossi is back to full fitness so takes Pericard’s place. New boy E.Mobali gets a place on the bench.

3pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 7

Norwich City Vs Q.P.R

Kick Off:

J.Singh blows his whistle to start the match…..A quite opening with both sides pretty evenly matched the first real action takes place in the 9th minute, Carson launches a goal kick forward Potter heads it on for Beniusis….He’s 1 on 1 with Green….Goal!! A dream start for The R’s…Norwich had the chance to equalise when Aston headed wide on 15 minutes….Shittu has blocked in the 21st minute for a foul on Ashton….Both teams only muster half chances in the remainder of the first half.

Norwich City – 0

Q.P.R. – 1

“F**king great stuff lads, keep it going I don’t care how boring this match is just get the win. Shittu your coming off son I can’t risk a red card Kenneth you’re on try not to get injured this time. ..Just keep it tight and go forward when we get the opportunities.â€

Kick Off:

The second half is another close encounter with both sides cancelling the other out for long periods…Potter and Kenneth both should have done better with headers on goal while for Norwich, Ashton is the only man causing any problems….Injury time…Murphy hits the ball over the Norwich defence…Pessarossi’s in on goal….He shoots….Goal!!!That’s his fifth of the season, 2-0 and game over with seconds to the final whistle.

Final Score

Norwich City – 0

Q.P.R – 2

Beniusis 9

Pessarossi 90

M.O.M. – Z.Diamond

Attendance 26,008

“Superb lads, ****ing superb….I don’t know how long the run can last…But who gives a f**k lets enjoy it while it lasts…You all did great out there….Now lets roll over Sheffield United on Tuesday.â€

In over results Brighton won 4-0 away at Crewe, Leeds beat Ipswich 4-0 at home. Stoke lost 1-0 at home to Derby, leaving us as the only undefeated team in The Championship and up in 3RD place…..Come On!!!!!!!

10am Sunday 11th September 05

I was flicking through the Sunday tabloids when a caption catches my eye

The Rampant Rangers Roll On.

Q.P.R. continue to defy both logic and the bookies as they sit proudly in 3rd position in Coca Cola Championship, they swept away a very strong Norwich side away from home with relative ease only coming out of second gear when they needed. The team tipped by many for mid table finish at best are the only team in the league yet to taste defeat and seem to being loving every minute out on the playing field. Rookie manager Paul Bradley, who started the season as one of the favourites to be the first managerial causality, looks like he’s taken to management like a fish to water and who knows what the future holds for this bright young manager. He may well be a flash in the pan, but for now it looks like he has a long and bright future in the game. He seems to have an eye for a player, which is always a good thing whether he can manage at a higher level is yet to be seen.

Wow...Chuffed with that nice to have something nice written about me in the paper, I think I’ll keep this cut out, one for the scrap book I hope there will be many more.

2pm Monday 12th September 05

The lad’s are rightly in great spirits during training this morning and all fully looking forward to Sheffield United visiting us tomorrow night…We’re on a roll and long may it continue…There’s a knock at the door and before I can say anything Gianni enters the room.

“Hey Paul….You did good….No…You did real good.†I can tell by his face he means it, a smile beaming across his face. “I knew from the first time I spoke to you, that you were the man to take us to the next level.â€

“Thanks Gianni, but its still early in the season anything can happen.â€

“Yeh, but I really believe anything can happen now, I don’t remember the team ever playing so well, this club has no real history…But you….you can give us a history….Make hero’s, make legends.â€

“As nice as it is to hear you say that, we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves. If we go up…and I’m not saying we will…It will take money and luck to keep us there. These lads may well be able to get us there, I don’t know…But I know they couldn’t keep us there.â€

“Everyone needs luck and I know you’re a lucky man…It’s something you’re born with…Keep me happy Paul…Keep me happy.â€

With that he went…It’s nice to be third but it mean nothing at this stage and the last thing I want is added pressure on me or the players, from the chairman press or the fans, it won’t help us in the long run.

2pm Tuesday 13th September 05

I was informed this morning that D.Murphy was named in The Championship team of the week, doesn’t mean a great deal but I’m sure it will have given the lad a further boost….Moral couldn’t be any higher at the moment and we need it at that level, we have a tough match tonight with Fifth placed Sheffield United, who have the same amount of points as my side. They come into the match in fine form themselves having won the last four matches…But at the moment we have no reason to fear any team…Not from this league anyway…There’s a knock at the door.

“Come in.†Torrie makes her way in. “What can I do for you babe?â€

“Nothing really it’s just that I finally got round to asking Candice if she fancied going out for a drink with LK.â€

“Any joy/â€

“Yeah, her mum’s going to have the kids Sunday night so they can go out then….She just wants a friendship more than anything but you never know.â€

“Even if they only become friends its good company for LK, and gets the rat bag out the house…Have you spoken with your house mates yet about moving in?â€

“Yeah…I was scared to tell them in case they got funny with me but they are fine, I said I’ll move out the end of the month if that’s ok?â€

“Your welcome whenever babe…We shouldn’t be there for to long anyway as LK, is looking at the last of the houses on Saturday morning…Then he’s coming to the game…To sit in the Southampton end I might add….It’s going to be weird playing against them….I don’t know how I feel about it.â€

7.30pm Tuesday 13th September 05

The players are ready I’m ready time to rock and roll. “Right boys another toughie tonight but there’s no reason why we cant win…we’re a good team…in good form and we’re at home….The fans will be right up for it…and lets try and keep the pressure on at the top…The longer we are up there the more we will believe in ourselves…Go out there enjoy your selves and do me proud.â€

The starting eleven is:

S.Carson GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, M.Rowlands RM, D.Limbersky (Capt) LM, D.Potter CM, E.Mobali CM, R.Beniusis CF and H.Almeida CF.

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, G.Kenneth CB, R.Urban AMC, N.Dyer RM/LM and D.Pessarossi CF

Mobali is named in the starting eleven for the first time in Urban’s place, he hasn’t been dropped just want to see how the new boy can perform. Dyer and Pessarossi aren’t fully fit and so start on the bench, I want Pessarossi to be able to play on Saturday as despite their league position I see Southampton as more of a threat…Only time will tell. Almeida makes his debut he’s struggled with fitness since he arrived.

7.45pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 8

Q.P.R Vs Sheffield United

Kick Off:

J.Singh starts the match, strange fact as he was the referee against Norwich on Saturday, maybe he will be a lucky omen…We start brightly…Limbersky feeding Almeida who bursts into the box….Shoots at goal…..Oh fantastic save by Kenny…0-0….We continue to pile on the pressure in a one side contest…Limbersky and Potter having the best chances…Hopefully those two can get amongst the goals soon. 41st minute Limbersky…plays the ball to Murphy….Slots in Beniusis ….he shoots…..Goal!!!1-0 come on you rangers…The crowd are delighted …well the home fans are anyway. The half time whistle sounds and we go in at the break 1-0 to the good.

Q.P.R – 1

Sheffield United – 0

“Nice boys…Really nice…Keep doing what your doing….Get another one early and there heads will drop…There not in the match at the moment and don’t give them a chance to get back in it.â€

Kick Off:

The second half starts as most of the first went one way traffic Almeida missed a difficult chance…63rd minute Mobali collects the ball and skips past Tonge….Slides the ball behind the United back line Almeida is after it and being hotly chased… he hits it first time lobbing the ball…..Kenny’s off his line….He’s to far off his line….the ball drops into the back of the net…Goal!!! 2-0….No…The referees given offside…He looked on to me…Shame great goal…I won’t mention what I said to referee as I could do without the fine…It doesn’t look important as we’re cruising...I think of bringing on Pessarossi as he would surely bury a chance…No….I need him fully fit…Don’t want to risk it…89 minutes Diamond is lucky to stay on the field after a wild two footed challenge on Kabba, he escapes with a yellow…Deep into injury time Murphy plays it back to Carson…He plays it to Wilson….No…he’s miss hit it…The race is on between Wilson and Brennan…Get back in your f**king goal I scream at Carson…now he’s going towards the ball…Brennan’s there first…and coolly bends it round Carson, who can’t us his hands and into the net….Goal!!!...1-1..F**king robbed….The final whistle blows..

Final Score

Q.P.R -1

Beniusis 41

Sheffield United -1

Brennan 90

M.O.M – Brennan (Sheffield United)

Attendance 19,114

I shake hands with Neil Warnock and he mutters something to me…Oh f**k off your miserable t**t. He could have Britney and Christina s**king him off and he’d still find something to moan about. I head to the dressing room slightly dejected.

“I’m f**king gutted lads we outplayed them for the whole match and then got punished….Still we’ve nicked some injury time goals so can’t complain too much about that… Don’t know who the f**k picked the man of the match as he did f**k all other than score…Just no more mucking about at the back…No more silly goals.â€

The result drops us down a place to 4th. Saints move up to 12th after a 2-0 home win against Hull City. Plymouth are top after a 1-1 away draw with Luton Town. Brighton are now second after beating Cardiff 1-0 at home with Norwich third…But the league is still tighter than a nuns pink bits at the moment.

10pm Wednesday 14th September 05

European Round Up

Results from the Champions League first group matches, played last night as this evening.

Played on 13th

Chelsea 0 – Real Madrid 2

Manchester United 2 – Panathinaikos 0

Played today 14th

Liverpool 3- Rangers 0

Arsenal 1 – Benfica 0

Everton 1 – Inter Milan 0

A good couple of days for English teams in Europe except of course, if you’re a Chelsea fan.

11am Saturday 17th September 05

Everyone in and around Loftus Road, have been buzzing for the last couple of days. The coaching staff, players and fans all seem to have started to believe that this really could be our year. The way we have played so far gives me hope but we’ll have to see how it goes when we’re not playing well and if we can pick up lucky points. Gianni has arranged a press conference for me ahead of today’s visit by Southampton.

Press Conference

“Paul, its well known by those in the game that you’re a Southampton fan, in your heart do you really want to win this match?â€

“Yes…In fact I’m desperate to get a result today…I’m the manager of Q.P.R. and it wouldn’t be professional for me not to want to win every match.â€[i/] It’s a lie; I really don’t know what I want from this match a draw would be ideal.

“Southampton have struggled to adapt to The Championship, do you think you can add to there woes today?â€

“I have every faith that the side I put out can beat Southampton…For 90 minutes they will be my enemy after that I want them to do well, but Q.P.R. comes first.. They’ve shown a lot of faith in me and I hope I’m repaying them.â€

“Some teams may have an eye on poaching you, would you leave if say Southampton came in for you?â€

“No. There’s not much loyalty in football, but I won’t walk out on my team. I have no wish of managing Southampton now or in the future. I applied for the job in the summer and didn’t get it and now I’m 100% committed to this club.â€

“Surely some of your players will be attracting bigger clubs soon can you keep hold of them?â€

“If we want to progress we have to. I sold Cook and Moore, when I first arrived and the money is all but gone. None of my players have any clauses in their contracts, but if I get offered silly money I’ll have to think about it. I have a strong squad and ideally I’d like to keep what I have.â€

2.45pm Saturday 17th September 05

We’re all gathered in the dressing room and I’m more nervous than I have ever been during my short stay at the club…I’ve cheered on Southampton all my life and now I’m trying to beat them it just doesn’t seem right.

“Ok lads we’re up against another ex Premiership team today…There struggling at the moment and we have to take full advantage…Bookies make us the underdogs…But I don’t…I see nothing to fear…This is a big game for me and although I love Southampton, I love you guys to. Beat them for me boys.â€

The starting eleven is:

S.Carson GK, M.Wilson RB, D.Murphy LB, D.Shittu CB, Z.Diamond CB, N.Dyer RM, D.Limbersky (Capt) LM, D.Potter CM, E.Mobali CM, R.Beniusis CF and D.Pessarossi CF.

And on the bench:

P.Kok GK, G.Kenneth CB, R.Urban AMC, M.Rowlands RM and H.Almeida CF

Dyer is in for Rowlands against his former club neither has performed great this season, but Dyer has been slightly better. Pessarossi is brought back in after besting him midweek, Almeida drops to the bench.

3pm

Coca Cola Championship Match 9

Q.P.R Vs Southampton

Kick Off:

S.Dorr starts the match off…Slow start to the game first action in the 15th minute. Diamond picked up a booking for a foul on Ormerod…Wotton stands over the ball…Curls it around the wall…..and wide of the post…22nd minute and Hajto should have done better with his header from a Southampton corner….27th minute Prutton slips Blackstock through on goal…He’s 1 on 1….He pulls the trigger….Great last ditch tackle from Diamond, he had to time that right or it would have been an early bath for him…31st minute Wotton’s pass is intercepted by Beniusis…He bares in on goal…And fires it hard and low past Niemi..Goal!!!...Pessarossi should have scored in the 40th minute when has through on goal my old boy Evatt makes a last ditch tackle to stop him…The half time whistle goes…

Q.P.R – 1

Southampton – 0

“Well done lads we didn’t start well but the last 15-20 minutes was good, keep it like that this half and the 3 points will be coming home with us.â€

Kick Off:

The second half starts slowly. Limbersky picked up a booking in the 52nd minute for a foul on Prutton…56th minute Murphy picks up the ball on the overlap and sends in a low cross….Beniusis looks go get on the end of it….He does and fires a wicked volley into the net…Goal!!!…2-0…I’m chuffed for the lads but feel like a bit of a Judas…61st minute I swap Diamond as he’s on a yellow for Kenneth and swap Beniusis for Almeida …71st minute Halls on the Southampton right whips in a cross….Ormerod throws himself at it…..And it’s in…Goal!!! 2-1 and game on…80th minute Shittu was booked for holding Ormerod….83rd Minute, Almeida hit the post with a long range effort….The full time whistle blows…

Final Score

Q.P.R. – 2 (Beniusis31,56)

Southampton – 1 (Ormerod 71)

M.O.M. – Limbersky (Q.P.R)

Attendance 19,120

I shake Claudio’s hand and wish him well, wave to the crowd and then head for the dressing room.

“The run goes on boys, the run goes on….Enjoy you all deserve it you…We’re making this league sit up and take notice lets keep it going, and stuff Yeovil on Wednesday night.â€

The win moves us up to 2nd a point behind Plymouth who drew 1-1 away at Sheffield Wednesday. Brighton are down to 5th after a 3-0 at home to Leeds. Norwich slip a place to 3rd after drawing 0-0 at Crystal Palace.

WYorksRanger how can you say that about my cousin. lol. He really is my cousin, mine and his charactors are very simular to our real life counterparts so far. But maybe things will change. Other non footballing charactors are all just made up. Hope your enjoying the story so far readers. icon_smile.gif

8pm Sunday 20th September 05

As LK had arranged to go out with Candice this evening thanks to Torrie, I decided to invite her over to spend some time with her. She came over earlier and I even cooked for her, just hope she makes it through the day, the first 24 hours are critical after eating one of my meals.

“Thanks for having me over Paul, it’s nice to spend more time with you and I think it’s really sweet that you cooked for me.â€

“I just hope you’re still interested after eating my food, cooking’s not one of my strong points.â€

“Maybe not but I’ve had a lot worse, I don’t think you’ll ever make a top chef but you have the potential to be one of the top football managers.â€

“Thanks, Torrie glad you have faith in me. I have to say I’m chuffed to nuts with how it’s going so far but the bubble will burst sooner or later, just hoping it’ll be the later.â€

Meanwhile At The Pub

“Can I get you another drink Candice?â€

“Yeah, sure I’ll have a blue WKD please.†LK makes his way over to the bar and orders the drinks. “Here you go Candice, may I say you’re very attractive?â€

“Oh…That’s sweet thank you LK.â€

“I don’t know if you’re interested, but I’d really like to see you again sometime soon, and be more than just friends if you’re up for it.â€

“Bless you…You do know that I have kids don’t you?â€

“Yeah, Torrie said you have Twins but I’m cool with that, I just want to meet a nice girl and well, if me and you hit it off I’ll have a ready made family.â€

“Well, I’d like that if you really mean that.â€

“Of course I mean it…What time do you have to be back tonight?â€

“The kids are staying over my mum’s so anytime really but I do have work tomorrow so don’t want to be too late.â€

An Hour Or So Later

“I think I should make a move soon, the drinks gone right to my head tonight. Sorry I’m not normally such a light weight.†Candice splutters.

“That’s ok, babe I’ll get us a taxi, make sure you get home ok lot of weirdo’s around.â€

“Ohhh, You’re so sweet.†LK books a taxi that will be there shortly.

“The taxi’s booked, shouldn’t be long...Let’s just get these last drinks down us quick before it turns up.â€

“You sure I should I feel really drunk?â€

“Finishing that won’t hurt go on let your hair down be a devil.â€

“Hehe..Ok here it goes.†Candice downs her drink and gags a few times....The taxi arrives and Candice and LK leave…

8am Monday 19th September 05

I don’t know what time LK came home last night but it must have been late as me and Torrie were up till gone 1…Doing the wild thang…He didn’t seem his normal self either when I spoke to him this morning just saying they had fun…then he made sure she got home ok…and walked home to sober up…I’ll have a word with Candice when I get to work or ask Torrie to if I don’t see her.

2pm Wednesday 21st September 05

Candice hasn’t been into work this week and we haven’t been able to contact her. Torrie went round to her house last night and no one was in….She spoke with her neighbours as she was worried and they told her they hadn’t seen or heard her for a few days…Weird…I’m concerned for her as LK is still not giving anything away insisting he saw her go in her flat before he left….Something doesn’t add up….Still I can’t let this kind of thing take my mind off what’s important Q.P.R. Have to stay focussed and make sure we don’t slip up tonight against Yeovil in the cup.

7.30pm Wednesday 21st September 05

“Ok lads, we’re on a roll and to be honest I can’t see Yeovil ending it. They’ll want to be us…But I want to be in the next round…The runs must continue….Don’t let me down.â€

The starting eleven is:

P.Kok GK, M.Bignot RB, M.Milanese LB, D.Shimmin CB, G.Kenneth CB, N.Dyer RM, B.K.Ingebretsen LM, M.Bean CM, R.Urban CM, H.Almeida CF and K.Gallen CF.

And on the bench:

S.Carson GK, Z.Diamond CB, E.Mobali AMC/FC, D.Pessarossi CF and T.Walcott RM/CF.

I give most of the squad players a game as want to rest the first team when I can….Still confident this team will be able to defeat Yeovil Town.

7.45pm

League Cup Second Round

Q.P.R Vs Yeovil Town

Kick Off:

I.Scarr starts the match off…We start of brightly creating several half chances. 16th minute Ingebretsen, beats his man and whips in a cross to the far post….Almeida gets his head to it….Goal!!!..1-0 we’re up and running… 22 minute Shimmin knocks the ball over the Yeovil defence….Dyer gets onto it….And fires it home…Goal!!! 2-0…33rd minute another cross from Ingebretsen….He’s picked out Almeida again…Great header…Goal!!!3-0…40th Minute, Bignot crosses from deep…Almeida’s looking to get on the end of it….He’s caught it on the volley…..Goal!!! 4-0…The half time whistle blows.

Q.P.R – 4

Yeovil Town – 0

“F**king great stuff. Hugo mate great stuff, I’ll give it 2 minutes in the second half and take you off son, you’ve really impressed me and given me something to think about for our match with Coventry this weekend. The rest of you, well done and keep it going.â€

Kick Off:

The sides kick off…As I said at half time I waited 2 minutes before taking off Almeida for Walcott…The crowd sing his name as they give Almeida a standing ovation, maybe I’ve found another gem, or maybe it’s just that Yeovil are that crap….The match is being played at a slower pace with The R’s just passing the ball around just seeing the game out….80th Minute…Ingebretsen, who’s looked really dangerous on the left all match fires in another cross…..Walcott chest’s it down….and fires it home…..Goal!!! 5-0….The match is over as a contest and The R’s play out the final minutes hardly breaking a sweat.

Final Score

Q.P.R. – 5 (Almeida 16,33,40 Dyer 22 Walcott 80)

Yeovil Town – 0

M.O.M. – (H.Almeida Q.P.R.)

Attendance 13,923

Although I’m not bothered about this cup, I can’t help but be happy after seeing us win by our biggest margin of the season.

“Well done lads…Very professional out there tonight…Not so impressive second half but then we didn’t need to be…Lets do the same against Coventry on Saturday…We don’t want to f**k that one up it’s on tv.â€

Tonight saw several upsets in the cup, Birmingham lost to Palace on penalties at home following a 1-1 draw. Sheffield Wednesday won 2-1 at home in extra time against Portsmouth. Tranmere beat Aston Villa 1-0 at home. Walsall saw of Wigan on penalties after a 1-1 draw and West Ham lost 2-0 at home to Preston.

Archived