[FM10] Bringing Glory, to the fields of Anfield Road

Feedolover

Right, after various umming and arring about what to do with myself re. FM, I decided to go for a challenging big club, and who better than the mighty reds?

Leagues Loaded, England to BSP, Spain, Italy, Germany and France all top division

Database: FM 10.3 official no changes, size large, approx player count 29000

I've made a concious decision that I won't be selling or signing anyone in the first transfer window, I'll work with what I've been given by Rafa

Season    Club          |  League      |  Country      | Position (of) |        Achievements         |
------------------------|--------------|---------------|---------------|-----------------------------|
2009/10    Liverpool   |   Premier    |   England     |               |                            |
                       |              |               |               |                            |
                       |              |               |               |                             |

Trophy Cabinet

Season        Team          Country       |  Competition  |
------------------------------------------|---------------|
                                         |               |
                                         |               |
                                         |               |
                                         |               |
                                         |               |

International Career

Season       Team      | GP    W    D    L    GF    GA    DIF    Days in Job |   ACHIEVEMENTS   |
-----------------------|-----------------------------------------------------|------------------|
                      |                                                     |                  |

So, my first update of this career comes midway through the first season, on January 1st 2010

Pre-Season: As promised no signings, and no outs either, so I won't waste a screenshot. There was a complete change of backroom staff though, in all releasing 15 and bringing in 9, for a total of £1.2 million

I let the assistant manager take control for the friendlies, as I always do, and we got on easily with 7 wins out of 7

Premier League: The premier league got off to a slow and sluggish start, with two draws to open up, away at West Ham and home against Wolves. Not what was planned. Indeed, the next game against Bolton looked to be heading the same way, until Lucas popped up with a 94th minute winner. After that time I have been pretty consistent, winning the majority of my games, with draws against Chelsea, Tottenham and Fulham sandwiched in between. The defence has been rock solid all season, with 14 clean sheets. The goalscoring has been shared around, Torres hasn't been an absolute machine, but he has scored his fair share, and been well supported by everyone else.

I've chosen a good time to do this review, because my last two wins just now have seen me go top for the first time this season. It has been mostly big four dominated, though Spurs are currently fourth, Everton appeared in the top four fleetingly, though fell away big time after my great win at Goodison. I'm also still unbeaten in the league, which has been a massive suprise, I can't see it lasting though, I've had a fair bit of luck so far, a few late goals scored, and the opposition having disallowed goals.

Key Fixtures

Liverpool 1-0 Bolton: Lucas' late late goal saw me secure my first win of the season at the third attempt

Burnley 2-3 Liverpool: A real struggle, I had to come from behind twice, and sticking Kuyt up front worked in the end as he scored a late two to give me the win in what was a very open game

Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool: It looked for all the world that I would suffer my first defeat here, at 1-1 I went attacking, and it looked to have backfired with Crouch's goal, but another late goal from Torres salvaged a point

Man Utd 0-1 Liverpool: A change from all these late goals, as Kuyt scored after 37 seconds and we held onto it throughout the game

Everton 2-3 Liverpool; Another comeback culminating with a late winner, Baines' double saw me staring down the barrel again, but two quick goals levelled it, allowed me to push on and Maxi scored late on to win the derby

Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal: Arsenal, top of the league and had just beaten Chelsea 3-0. Things were looking ominous when Eduardo gave them the lead. It stayed that way for a while until Torres equalised, and Lucas scored a winner, in the last ten minutes yet again

League Table

League Cup: The League Cup pitted me with two easyish home ties in the 3rd and 4th round, against Plymouth and Derby. The quarter final not so easy, away at Old Trafford. They played a full strength team, so did I, but they got revenge for my league win 3 days earlier this time. So I suffered my first defeat of the season, and am out at the quarter-final stage

Champs League: I faired somewhat better than Rafa in this competition. It was a group with no major challenges, but potential banana skins in Fiorentina, CSKA Moscow and Standard Liege. It was comfortable all the way, until the last game against Fiorentina, where in my defence I did play a much weaker team. In the next round I've been drawn against Bayern Munich

FA Cup: I haven't played a match in this competition yet, but in the thrid round I have been given a tricky draw against Aston Villa at Anfield

Finances, what with the loan repayments have been consistently decreasing by roughly £7million every month. Not good. Tom Hicks remains chairmen as well, there was lengthy discussions with some Italian consortium, which saw me under a transfer embargo for what seemed like months, but it fell through

Here's all my player stats for the season thus far, i anyone wants any individual player screenshots I'll provide. The players at the bottom of the screen you have to scroll to see are Aurelio, N'Gog and Dalla Valle

So, moving into the second half of the season, I really need to crack on in the league, keep churning out the wins, because the title win is a real possibility this season now. The Champions League tie against Bayern is certainley do-able, so I'll look to progress in that, and an FA Cup run, whilst not a priority of mine, would certainley be nice. First half of the season has been really good though

Archived