[FM10] Zawisza Challenge

DomD

WKS Zawisza Bydgoszcz

717315.png

This is my attempt at Gundo's FM10 European Adventure Challenge™. Chose Poland as the place to manage in.

My other club choices were:

54003059.png Bałtyk Gdynia

710021.png Concordia Piotrków Trybunalski

710020.png Pelikan Łowicz

I chose Zawisza because the team is located in a large city and they have a new 22500 capacity stadium.

Managerial History:

Season     League               League Finish      Polish Cup          CL             Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    I Liga Polska        9th                   Not entered      -              None
2011/12    I Liga Polska        3rd                   1st Round        -              None
2012/13    I Liga Polska        1st                   2nd Round        -              [b]Promoted[/b]
2013/14    Ekstraklasa          5th                   2nd Round        -              None
2014/15    Ekstraklasa          1st                   Winner           -              [b]Double Winner[/b]
2015/15    Ekstraklasa          1st                   Final            Group Stage    [b]Retained League Title[/b]

Results from around the world:

World Cup Finals

2010: Germany 2-1 Netherlands

2014: Brazil 2-1 Germany

European Championship Finals

2012: Netherlands 4-3(aet) Germany

2016: France 3-1 Italy

UEFA Champions League Finals

2009/10: Liverpool 2-1 Real Madrid

2010/11: Barcelona 2-1(aet) Arsenal

2011/12: Barcelona 1-0 Inter Milan

2012/13: Chelsea 2-0(aet) Inter Milan

2013/14: Juventus 3-1 A.C. Milan

2014/15: Inter Milan 2-1 Liverpool

2015/16: Real Madrid 2-1 A.C. Milan

UEFA Europa League Finals

2009/10: Sporting CP 4-0 Porto

2010/11: Olympique de Marseille 3-2(aet) Ajax

2011/12: Zaragoza p2-2 Olympique Lyon

2012/13: A.C. Milian 1-0 Sevilla

2013/14: Fiorentina p1-1 Real Madrid

2014/15: Fiorentina p1-1 Manchester United

2015/16: Barcelona 2-1 Liverpool

Polish I Liga - 2010/2011 (Season 1)

Had a good start to the season, but things started looking dire when we went 8 games without a win. Some minor tweaks to the tactics gave us a good run of results and we finished in 9th. The media prediction was 15th.

As far as tactics go, looking at the squad I had I decided to go with a 4-5-1. Looking through the tactical forums here after a few games I adjusted it to be the Disruptive 4-5-1.

picture5kh.png

Don't click on the links if you don't want to see player names:

Squad Stats

Player of the Season - MC had the most goals, assists, and MOTM. Came 3rd in Player of the Season for the league.

Transfers - 10 in for 35.5K one in on loan. Several players were released before I took over, but I didn't release or sell any in my first season.

Signing of the Season - DC joined in January on a free immediately established himself in the heart of the defence.

Season Records

Scoring goals was a problem this season. Signed a striker in January that will join the team this summer that will hopefully help with that. The Future

Polish I Liga - 2011/2012 (Season 2)

At the winter break I was sitting in 5th, which was good since we were predicted to finish 13th. But I thought we could do a bit better. A change of tactics had the team scoring many more goals and we ended the season in 3rd. Unfortunately the two teams above us never really slipped up so no promotion this year.

The tactics I went with after the winter break were Mr Hough's 4-1-2-1-2 Complete Dominance. I needed a good AMC for this and I managed to get Patryk Kaminski on loan from Legia.

picture9um.png

Squad Stats

Top Scorer - The ST that I signed on a free did great for me scoring 23 and getting 11 assists in 33 matches.

Transfers - Didn't have much money to spend so it was pretty quiet on the transfer front.

Polish I Liga - 2012/2013 (Season 3)

Brought in 13 players for 20K. Let go 13, all for free.

The season started with a 0-4 loss to Katowice. Wins followed but Widzew and newly promoted Znicz were doing better and for the first half of the season it looked like it was going to be another season finishing just below the promotion spots. After the winter break things really came together and we got wins against both Widzew and Znicz.

In the end 74 points was enough to win the league. Widzew was 2nd with 71. Znicz failed to make it two promotions in a row finishing 3rd with 69. Katowice was a distant 4th on 58.

The whole squad had some excellent performances but my two main strikers along with the AMC were the stars. EDIT : They took the top three spots on the scoring chart. Kazmierkowski and my AMC were first and second in the scoring charts. The two strikers and the AMC took the top three spots in player of the season.

Kazmierkowski finished the season with 25 goals and 16 assists in 32 appearances. League top scorer and player of the year.

Kaminiski didn't want to come back on loan, but I did manage to get Konrad Cebula from Jagellonia for 10k. The AMC had an excellent season for me, 23 goals and 14 assists in 33 apperances. Second in league scoring and player of the season behind Kazmierkowski.

Next season will be all about staying in the Ekstraklasa.

picture16ha.png

Top Scorer

Transfers

Polish Ekstraklasa - 2013/2014 (Season 4)

Predicted to finish 16th. Brought in 8 players for 23.5K. The season got of to a good start and we were winning about half our games. Just before the winter break had the start of our best sequence of the season. It began with two draws, followed by 3 wins before the winter break and 2 after.

During the winter break BATE made a 625K offer for a Belorussian striker I had signed for 3K the previous season. In totall he had made 19 appearances for me scoring 4 goals and getting 2 assists. The decision wasn't even up to me as the chairman accepted.

The 5 match winning streak came to an end when Legia beat us 2-4. But we were up to 5th at that point and our good performances had me thinking there might be a chance of qualifying for the Europa League.

No such luck. A record of 15-5-10 (50pts) meant we stayed in 5th until the end of the season. In the end we were 2 points behind Korona Kielce and had we managed to turn one of our loses into a win we would have been in the Europa League. Lech won the league with 70 points.

Kazmierkowski was the top goal scorer with 16. A young Bosnian defender who I bought for 22K was top rated at 7.30 and also won Fans Player of the Year.

Polish Ekstraklasa - 2014/2015 (Season 5)

Media Prediciton: 9th

Board Expecation: Respecable Leage Position

Transfer Budget: 1,700,000

Transfers In: 6 players for 675K

Transfers Out: 9 for free (and a bunch of youths released), 1 for 18K, and 1 for 650K which my board decided was too good to refuse.

The season started with a 1-2 loss to champions Lech after leading 0-1 at the half. Next was our first home game to newly promoted Katowice. They had been a bit of a bogey team when we were in I Liga but I was feeling confident now and told the lads I expected a win, we lost 2-5. The next game was a 1-1 draw afterwhich we were sitting bottom of the league and meeting the media prediction of 9th looked like it was going to be rather difficult.

Our first win, 2-1 against Gornik Zabrze, was followed by an 1-1 away draw at Legia. Then the team turned in an amazing performance and beat Cracovia 9-0, only to lose 0-3 in the next match. That was also the first time we did not score in the Ekstraklasa. Thankfully results picked up after that and we went undefeated for 18 games, including a 7 match winning streak. We won against Wisla Krakow, Lech Poznan, and most importantly 3-2 against Legia.

We climbed all the way to 2nd but whenever Legia would drop points so would we. It all came down to the final match day. Two points behind Legia, we needed an away win against our rivals Widzew and for Legia to slip up. We won 2-1 and Legia drew 2-2. We both finished on 61 points but because in the Polish league tie breaks are sorted by head to head record Zawisza became champions for the first time in their history.

We had a great run in the Cup beating Slansk Wroclaw in the QF and Lech Poznan in the SF. The final was three days after the league ended and our opposition was Legia. Our players were on a high after the league triumph and theirs must have been pretty down becasue they didn't put up much of a fight. We won 3-0 and had our second trophy in 4 days!

picture22t.png

picture23ku.png

• 4 weeks later...

Polish Ekstraklasa - 2015/2016 (Season 6)

My first foray into the Champions League started off incredibly well. We begun in the 2nd Qualifying round and were drawn against Armenian club Gandzasar. Before that match our highest ever attendance had been 11530. For the first European match in Zawisza's history 15005 turned up and they were not disappointed as we destroyed them 9-0.

Next we faced Israeli side Hapoel Tel-Aviv. We lost 0-1 away but run out 4-0 winners at home in front of 18475. Next we faced Bulgarian side CSKA (Sofia) and I thought this might be the end of the road for us this season, but we won 2-0 away and 3-0 at home to progress to the group stage. Setting another attendance record with 21535.

The draw gave us Juventus, Lyon, and Shakhtar. Both Juventus and Lyon had reached the quarter-finals the previous season and the season before that Juventus won the whole thing. Needless to say I wasn't expecting much from this group as the gulf in quality was just too great. Did manage to get a home win against Shakhtar, but that was followed by our largest defeat ever, 0-6 away to OL. Going into the last match we had a chance to finish third as the Ukrainians had lost all their matches but they had a better goal difference so we needed at least a draw. Unfortunately a 0-1 loss meant we were out.

picture9q.png

picture24d.png

The league was much easier this time around. Lost once to Legia Warszawa but we finished 13 points ahead of them so it wasn't so bad.

picture5e.png

My Hungarian striker could not stop scoring, hopefully I can keep hold of him for the next season:

Pal Szabo, stats

Transfers

July 2016

Champions League Champions Qual.2: Zawisza 10-0 FK Baki

Our first competitive match of the season was against Azerbaijani Champions FK Baki. A great start as we set a new record for highest win.

Superpuchar: Zawisza 0-0 (4-2p) Widzew

We faced our rivals Widzew in the Supercup. It was a chance for us to get revenge for the beating us in the Polish Cup Final. For the second match in a row against them we failed to score. This time, however, they did not score either and we prevailed on penalties.

Champions League Champions Qual.2: FK Baki 1-5 Zawisza

The return was easy and we moved on to the next round.

In the draw for the next round we got the highest seeded team, Panathinaikos, and I thought there was a very good chance we would get knocked out of the CL at this point.

Champions League Champions Qual.3: Zawisza 3-0 Panathinaikos

A great result at home gave me hope that we might progress after all.

Ekstraklasa: Zawisza 3-0 Lechia Gdansk

A good start to the league campaign.

Archived