Try this

Finally, after sponging everyone else for tactics ive come up with a tactic that works really well.

In my first season as Spurs manager i won the Premier League with 95 points losing only once and drawing 8 or 9. I won the FA Cup on penalties, lost in the semis of the League Cup and got to the Final of the Uefa Cup where i lost to Liverpool on penalties.

Here it is. Its a normal 4-4-2 formation.

Emphasis: Attacking

Passing: Short

Tackling: Normal

Pressing: Yes

Everything elso NO

Players:

Passing: All Team

Tackling: All Team except two MC's - Hard

Pressing: Defence and GK No

Pass to and Set Pieces leave as they are

Free Role: Wingers

Forward Runs: DL, DR, ML, MR, 1 FC, 1 MC

Run with ball: Same as Forward Runs but the other Striker

Hoold Up Ball: No

Long Shots: Striker that runs with ball, MC's, ML, MR

Through Balls: All No

Cross Ball: DL, DR, ML, MR

Marking: DC's, All midfield Man - The rest Zonal

ITs important that the left striker is good in the air. Also, get your full backs to train attacking because they create a lot of chances and score a lot of goals. The MC that makes forward runs should have a good shot and good tackling stats. If your MC's are getting a lot of bookings take off Hard tackling.

Also, the captain is a very important thing. Whenever my captain, Ledley King was out, i was struggling, even though the player taking over as captain had a better leadership stat. Maybe because Ledley's profile shows he supports Spurs so he plays his heart out??

Anyway, give it a go and please please please gimme some feedback. Criticism, adjustments etc, anything!

Finally, after sponging everyone else for tactics ive come up with a tactic that works really well.

In my first season as Spurs manager i won the Premier League with 95 points losing only once and drawing 8 or 9. I won the FA Cup on penalties, lost in the semis of the League Cup and got to the Final of the Uefa Cup where i lost to Liverpool on penalties.

Here it is. Its a normal 4-4-2 formation.

Emphasis: Attacking

Passing: Short

Tackling: Normal

Pressing: Yes

Everything elso NO

Players:

Passing: All Team

Tackling: All Team except two MC's - Hard

Pressing: Defence and GK No

Pass to and Set Pieces leave as they are

Free Role: Wingers

Forward Runs: DL, DR, ML, MR, 1 FC, 1 MC

Run with ball: Same as Forward Runs but the other Striker

Hoold Up Ball: No

Long Shots: Striker that runs with ball, MC's, ML, MR

Through Balls: All No

Cross Ball: DL, DR, ML, MR

Marking: DC's, All midfield Man - The rest Zonal

ITs important that the left striker is good in the air. Also, get your full backs to train attacking because they create a lot of chances and score a lot of goals. The MC that makes forward runs should have a good shot and good tackling stats. If your MC's are getting a lot of bookings take off Hard tackling.

Also, the captain is a very important thing. Whenever my captain, Ledley King was out, i was struggling, even though the player taking over as captain had a better leadership stat. Maybe because Ledley's profile shows he supports Spurs so he plays his heart out??

Anyway, give it a go and please please please gimme some feedback. Criticism, adjustments etc, anything!

Nice!

Remember to have your full backs training attacking. Also, make sure all players, whatever training regime they are following, have max motivation and max tactics. Its very important.

Im also England manager in the game. Just finished qualifiers. Now i know England's group aint the hardest but i did alright with the tactic. This is how it looked: P12 W12 D0 L0 GF51 GA3 GD48 PTS36.

Just started my second season with Spurs too. I had a shaky spell as i had a few injuries to keay players. So after 12 games im 4th 1 point behind Chelsea who are top, but they have a game in hand. In the Champions League ive ****ed all over my group scoring 17 goals and conceding 2 in 4 games, winning all of them.

Ill keep youa all updated!

Well, I'm afraid it's not working too well for me. I thought I was on to a good thing when I blew everyone away in pre-season but the premier league is a different matter. Here are my results so far:

Gefle 0 5 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 5 0 Bristol Rovers

Aston Villa 4 1 M. Haifa

Middlesbrough 2 0 Villa

Villa 0 0 Bolton

Wigan 0 1 Villa

Villa 1 1 Everton

Villa 1 0 Arsenal

Chelsea 2 1 Villa (lost to a 90th minute penalty!)

Villa 3 2 Liverpool

West Ham 1 0 Villa

Villa 1 0 Portsmouth

Charlton 0 0 Villa

After the last result at Charlton the supporters were protesting and the board is disappointed in my performance as manager. I guess one more draw or loss and I'll be getting the sack!

Oh well

Oh dear!

There are players i recommennd. Phillip Lahm is quality. Palacio is class in the role of the striker that makes forward runs. Mido can do a decent job winning headers.

David Bentley is a good prospect as is Aaron Lennon. Franck Ribery, Jermaine Jenas, Michael Dawson - all quality for me. Your not doing too bad with the tactic mate, what were the expectations at the start of the year??

I managed to survive until Christmas but now after losing to Arsenal in the league cup quarter final they've given me the push! The Villa board have very unrealistic expectations - they wanted the title!

I'm not giving up on the tactic yet though. I'll try again and try to sign some of the players you mentioned.

Wow! What a season!

With a few games to go in the league i was 2nd a point behind Chelsea, who had 2 games in hand. I dont know how they managedit, but with 3 games to go i was 5 points behind them with a game in hand myself. Then, i drew with Liverpool and i thought i blew it but when i saw the results i went mad, Chelsea had lost to Blackburn 1-0! So i won my game in hand and on the last day of the season i had 88 points and Chelsea had 89 and they were playing. . . Arsenal! Unreal! I hammered Blackburn and they lost 3-1 to scumbags Arsenal! It was unreal.

In the FA Cup, i beat Arsenal in the 3rd Round, then Man City then Man Utd with 10 men after 5 mins and a second string side because i had an important European Cup game next. I got to the Final where i hammered Charlton 3-0. So that meant i retained the League and Cup.

But i went one further. In the Champions League i knocked out Lyon, Liverpool and Inter and met Chelsea in the Final. I beat them 1-0, comfortably in the end, and sealed a most unlikely treble since i was nowhere in January.

Rodrigo Palacio was good for me, Gilardino scored many goals too as did Berbatov. Ledley King was a rock and Lahm and Chimbonda just kept racking up the assists.

I made a slight adjustment to the tactics too. In Europe i set my MC's to Normal tackling and changed the Long Shots instruction taking the wingers off the list of long shooters.

Archived