Can't get shots on target!

I'm currently Chelsea and I am dominating games in terms of possesion and overall shots, however, in my last game vs Arsenal I had 18 shots 5 of which were on target and 11 were long range! Arsenal had 9 shots with 6 on target. Arsenal won 3-0!

What can I do to sort this out?

and why do my players insist on taking long shots even when I've set them individually not to?

Thanks

Try to shout to pass into space, it seems that there is no way for your players to work ball into the box. I suppose you are dominating game so your opponent is trying to park the bus. Try to stand them off and control the ball in the middle. Change your approach to control and place pass into space, if you do have 'push higher up' get rid off it. I know its stupid but whey you'll more freedom to your opponent they are more likely to make mistakes. Another way is to play wider and attack with everyone but your DCs (and gk of course) and try crosses into the area or balls back to your central midfielders who'll have more time to shoot therefore their shots will become more accurate.

Try to shout to pass into space, it seems that there is no way for your players to work ball into the box. I suppose you are dominating game so your opponent is trying to park the bus. Try to stand them off and control the ball in the middle. Change your approach to control and place pass into space, if you do have 'push higher up' get rid off it. I know its stupid but whey you'll more freedom to your opponent they are more likely to make mistakes. Another way is to play wider and attack with everyone but your DCs (and gk of course) and try crosses into the area or balls back to your central midfielders who'll have more time to shoot therefore their shots will become more accurate.

Cheers mate I'll give that a go

Archived