Any advice for liverpool

I have come to the conclusion the game is byist against liverpool through countless seasons with my beloved Arsenal they seem to always finish no higher then 9th, So after so thought i decided to try and prove the game wrong and at least challenge for the title, but my oh my when I say the team is terrible it is no understatemant, I am playing a 4 2 3 1 formation with gerrard behind torres and riera and kuyt as the other two making up the 3.

I am also Arsenal in this season and it seems any formation I play with them I win regardless of who I am up against!

My liverpool team on the other hand seem to have no hope in hell after ten games I am out of the carling cup after a 3-2 defeat to man city after extra time at anfield.

In the league i am languishing in 15th with 3 wins from 10 and 7 defeats, the worst of which came against chelsea 1-4 at anfield.

Now am i doing something wrong the liverpool squad is not this bad and before the inevitable just look at real life responses I doubt very much the game is that upto date with the times.

Any tactical advice would be much appreciated.

I play with a control strategy and a balanced philosophy with a quick tempo and direct passing.

I have come to the conclusion the game is byist against liverpool through countless seasons with my beloved Arsenal they seem to always finish no higher then 9th, So after so thought i decided to try and prove the game wrong and at least challenge for the title, but my oh my when I say the team is terrible it is no understatemant, I am playing a 4 2 3 1 formation with gerrard behind torres and riera and kuyt as the other two making up the 3.

I am also Arsenal in this season and it seems any formation I play with them I win regardless of who I am up against!

My liverpool team on the other hand seem to have no hope in hell after ten games I am out of the carling cup after a 3-2 defeat to man city after extra time at anfield.

In the league i am languishing in 15th with 3 wins from 10 and 7 defeats, the worst of which came against chelsea 1-4 at anfield.

Now am i doing something wrong the liverpool squad is not this bad and before the inevitable just look at real life responses I doubt very much the game is that upto date with the times.

Any tactical advice would be much appreciated.

I play with a control strategy and a balanced philosophy with a quick tempo and direct passing.

Hope this helps mate

Home

------0------

0-----0-----0

----0--------

--------0----

0---0---0---0

DC - Both set to defend

FB - Both set to automatic

DMC - Anchor man

MC - Deep lying playmaker - Support

AMR - Winger - Attack

AML - Winger - Attack

AMC - Attacking Mid - Attack

ST - Complete Forward - Support

Team - Attacking (Change to suit - Control) - Fluid - More Direct

Away

------0------

------0------

0---0-------0

--------0----

0---0---0---0

DC - Both set to defend

DMC - Anchor man

MC - Central Mid - Defend

MR - Wide mid - support

ML - Wide mid - support

AMC - Attacking Mid - Support

ST - Complete Forward - Attack

Team - Standard (Change to suit - Counter or Defend) - Fluid - More Direct

I will sometimes use my Away at Home if i am feeling cautious or need a result and sometimes switch to my Home at Away (mid game) if i am chasing a result.

I settled on these in about Feb of my first season, after a slippery start and put a great run together to finish third as Liverpool. I have started the new season winning 5 out of 5, scoring 18 and conceding 4. These include away wins at Spurs and Everton.

Sorry i cant put screenshots up as am at work, but its working really well me.

Please try out as i would love to know your results.

Cheers

Hope this helps mate

Home

------0------

0-----0-----0

----0--------

--------0----

0---0---0---0

DC - Both set to defend

DMC - Anchor man

AMR - Winger - Attack

AML - Winger - Attack

Away

------0------

------0------

0---0-------0

--------0----

0---0---0---0

DC - Both set to defend

DMC - Anchor man

MR - Wide mid - support

ML - Wide mid - support

I will sometimes use my Away at Home if i am feeling cautious or need a result and sometimes switch to my Home at Away (mid game) if i am chasing a result.

I settled on these in about Feb of my first season, after a slippery start and put a great run together to finish third as Liverpool. I have started the new season winning 5 out of 5, scoring 18 and conceding 4. These include away wins at Spurs and Everton.

Cheers

I will have a go with it now and let you know how i get along. Are there any particular type of players you use for each position

I will have a go with it now and let you know how i get along. Are there any particular type of players you use for each position

Here is my main squad.

GK - Reina - Cavalieri

DC - Carragher - Agger - Subotic - Skrtel

RB - Ansaldi - Johnson

LB - Vargas - Insua

DMC - Mascherano - Camacho

MC - Aquilani - Moutinho

ML - Jovetic - Babel

MR - Kuyt - Gourcuff

AMC - Gerrard - Cassano

ST - Torres

The only thing i change personal wise is, when i am Away, i start the likes of Kuyt, Vargas and Ansaldi on the wings, as they have better defensive stats.

Hope this helps mate

Home

------0------

0-----0-----0

----0--------

--------0----

0---0---0---0

DC - Both set to defend

DMC - Anchor man

AMR - Winger - Attack

AML - Winger - Attack

Away

------0------

------0------

0---0-------0

--------0----

0---0---0---0

DC - Both set to defend

DMC - Anchor man

MR - Wide mid - support

ML - Wide mid - support

Cheers

Here is my main squad.

GK - Reina - Cavalieri

DC - Carragher - Agger - Subotic - Skrtel

RB - Ansaldi - Johnson

LB - Vargas - Insua

DMC - Mascherano - Camacho

MC - Aquilani - Moutinho

ML - Jovetic - Babel

MR - Kuyt - Gourcuff

AMC - Gerrard - Cassano

ST - Torres

The only thing i change personal wise is, when i am Away, i start the likes of Kuyt, Vargas and Ansaldi on the wings, as they have better defensive stats.

I wish I had the same luxury however i decided to start with transfer budgets disabled in the first window so have just the standard squad. Interestingly enough using your away set up i scored my first away goal of the season and despite still losing 2-1 to man city i was significantly more involved in the game and had a few good chances were it not for a wierd own goal i may had come away with my first away point of the season.

I will be interested to see how the how version fares against tottenham who i have next at home.

I wish I had the same luxury however i decided to start with transfer budgets disabled in the first window so have just the standard squad. Interestingly enough using your away set up i scored my first away goal of the season and despite still losing 2-1 to man city i was significantly more involved in the game and had a few good chances were it not for a wierd own goal i may had come away with my first away point of the season.

I will be interested to see how the how version fares against tottenham who i have next at home.

I only started with 2 Mil aswell.

I am 5 games into my second season and as you can see i have sold quite a few players (i.e. Lucas - 11.75m, Riera - 10m, Aurelio - 7.6m, Benayoun - 7.7m). I have signed all my players (except Camacho) in the Jan window and my first close season.

EVERY player i have signed has been for £0 upfront. All money has been paid over 48 months.

As standard i use Attacking at home and Standard away. I rarely deviate from this. Be brave lol.

Good luck

I only started with 2 Mil aswell.

I am 5 games into my second season and as you can see i have sold quite a few players (i.e. Lucas - 11.75m, Riera - 10m, Aurelio - 7.6m, Benayoun - 7.7m). I have signed all my players (except Camacho) in the Jan window and my first close season.

EVERY player i have signed has been for £0 upfront. All money has been paid over 48 months.

As standard i use Attacking at home and Standard away. I rarely deviate from this. Be brave lol.

Good luck

Hmm it seems to be doing well at the moment, although my squad is strecthed thin so away from home they are not performing.

I have beaten tottenham 3-1 at home

lost to fiorentina away 4-2 drawn with blackburn 2-2 at home and lost to fulham 2-1 away.

All in all i think your tactics are good had it not been for my poor start to the season and hench low morale i may be doing better with it, on the plus sides my goals per game is up and torres has finally ended his goal drought and is scoring for fun now, the defence is still shaky but that is because i cannot decide between skrtel agger and carragher and keep rotating and i have mascherano and gerrard injured at the moment which is not helping.

But you have been a big help and hopefuly once everyone is fit and the morale is up i will see even better results lol

Hmm it seems to be doing well at the moment, although my squad is strecthed thin so away from home they are not performing.

I have beaten tottenham 3-1 at home

lost to fiorentina away 4-2 drawn with blackburn 2-2 at home and lost to fulham 2-1 away.

All in all i think your tactics are good had it not been for my poor start to the season and hench low morale i may be doing better with it, on the plus sides my goals per game is up and torres has finally ended his goal drought and is scoring for fun now, the defence is still shaky but that is because i cannot decide between skrtel agger and carragher and keep rotating and i have mascherano and gerrard injured at the moment which is not helping.

But you have been a big help and hopefuly once everyone is fit and the morale is up i will see even better results lol

Glad to see its goin better mate.

As for your CB pairing. I settled on Carra and Skrtel for the first season as i couldnt get Agger to perform as well. I feel Agger will be better, but will need more time.

Glad to see its goin better mate.

As for your CB pairing. I settled on Carra and Skrtel for the first season as i couldnt get Agger to perform as well. I feel Agger will be better, but will need more time.

Agger is performing horribly for me but then so is carra so i am in a bit of a pickle lol.

I think it's just that i have no knowledge of liverpool in general and what works right and what doesn't.

oh and i am always making a loss each month and not even managable losses but like 6-9 million do you find that? its ridiculous at this rate i will have no money left my bank balance is down to 13million whats that about.

Most revenue have been made to repay debts.

Hi leobell20

Hows the results going ? improved any more ?

Not alot you can do about the finances unfortunately.

I always play Carra on the right as he always play bad on the left in real life.

The form has improved greatly I am having some real success i must say, When i first started using your tactic i was languishing in mid table, now having progressed to march i am in champions league quaters having dispatched real madrid 4-2 on aggregate and my league form has improved so much i am on a 12 match unbeaten run although due to the shocking start still 5 points of top four but up to fifth.

Away from how can still be leaking goals but i am scoring enough so have drawn rather then lost.

The financial situation is quite worrying despite not buying anyone in january and selling babel aurellio and lucas in january i am in the red!

going with carra was best decision i made when i finally left him in the team he started averagin 7.9

The form has improved greatly I am having some real success i must say, When i first started using your tactic i was languishing in mid table, now having progressed to march i am in champions league quaters having dispatched real madrid 4-2 on aggregate and my league form has improved so much i am on a 12 match unbeaten run although due to the shocking start still 5 points of top four but up to fifth.

Away from how can still be leaking goals but i am scoring enough so have drawn rather then lost.

The financial situation is quite worrying despite not buying anyone in january and selling babel aurellio and lucas in january i am in the red!

going with carra was best decision i made when i finally left him in the team he started averagin 7.9

Brilliant mate ! I am glad to hear its going better.

This is my first (and currently only) game i've played on this fm. I plan to use this as my default tactic and try and get players to fit.

Cheers for the feed back

Still going better Leobell20 ?

Iv finished the first season, came 6th just about kept my job, runners up in champions league to a very strong barcelona side.

Now into second season have sold a few deadwood.

brought in jovetic and maxi rodriguez 10 games in not bad 4th with a game in hand 4 points of top spot.

I have noticed that i struggle against teams who play a defesive mid and gerrard always plays with a 6 at best never in the game at all do you find that? or is it just my bad luck.

Archived