Modelling Spanish regional levels - troubles

plablaf

Hi, community,

I've recently started to recreate the 5th tier and below of the Spanish pyramid based on the work of some FMSite guys who made the 4th tier already. But I'm having some problems and would like to know if there is a workaround for them, although after trying many alternatives I find it quite hard.

- In the 4th tier, not all the groups have the same relegation places. Is there a way to individualise relegation places for each subdivision? (I expect a "no" answer).

- Is there a way to make different types of championships (summing the total of promotion/relegation places, etc) provided they are the same level even if they appear one below another in the editor? Example:

· Premier Division (1st tier)

· First Division (2nd tier)

· Second Division (3rd tier - 7 teams should be relegated)

· Third Division North (4th tier - 2 promoted, +1 in a playoff)

· Third Division West (4th tier as well - 2 promoted, league with divisions)

· Third Division South (4th tier as well - 2 promoted, standard league)

With the current system, I can only make a "Third Division" with three subdivisions, but... keep reading). I guess this is also a "no" answer.

- Is there a way to set which places get a promotion for each individual group in a league with subdivisions? I'm getting errors like "the number of promoting teams should be a multiplier of the groups in the division above". For example, there are 18 groups in the Spanish 4th tier, and 35 in the 5th tier, mainly each with its own promotion system. Expecting "no" here as well.

- Is SI thinking about implementing some of these features to accuratelly recreate such leagues? :D

I don't mind playing with hidden XML features if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, community,

I've recently started to recreate the 5th tier and below of the Spanish pyramid based on the work of some FMSite guys who made the 4th tier already. But I'm having some problems and would like to know if there is a workaround for them, although after trying many alternatives I find it quite hard.

- In the 4th tier, not all the groups have the same relegation places. Is there a way to individualise relegation places for each subdivision? (I expect a "no" answer).

No, you can't do that.

- Is there a way to make different types of championships (summing the total of promotion/relegation places, etc) provided they are the same level even if they appear one below another in the editor? Example:

· Premier Division (1st tier)

· First Division (2nd tier)

· Second Division (3rd tier - 7 teams should be relegated)

· Third Division North (4th tier - 2 promoted, +1 in a playoff)

· Third Division West (4th tier as well - 2 promoted, league with divisions)

· Third Division South (4th tier as well - 2 promoted, standard league)

With the current system, I can only make a "Third Division" with three subdivisions, but... keep reading). I guess this is also a "no" answer.

Again no. If you do that, the editor will assume that the Third Division North will be the 4th tier, the Third Division West 5th tier, the South 6th tier... You must place all subdivisions in the same league.

- Is there a way to set which places get a promotion for each individual group in a league with subdivisions? I'm getting errors like "the number of promoting teams should be a multiplier of the groups in the division above". For example, there are 18 groups in the Spanish 4th tier, and 35 in the 5th tier, mainly each with its own promotion system. Expecting "no" here as well.

For third time, no. :D

- Is SI thinking about implementing some of these features to accuratelly recreate such leagues? :D

No Idea. Only SI guys knows it.:D

Good luck with your work. On FMSite.net they're planning to do the same, but they want to add info for all teams so it will take much time.

Archived